Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I was surprised at how much had to be removed to run the wiring. I was expecting just having to remove the door sills. Looks like it's going to be more work than I expected.
Damn that sucks. Well thank you for checking it out. Guess I can't go AMP Research and will have to stick to dealer approved power rails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jetfixer

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Wait what do you mean? I've been trying to get my dealer to install AMP research power rails but he keeps saying he doesn't know if it will work and that the only one approved for 4xe is the rock engineering rails. Says something about the wiring. What have you seen is the issue here? In looking at OP pictures I still don't see how rock rails would be a problem, from any brand
I spoke with Rock Slide & they said someone already installed one with no problems & I wont be the first. I was just wondering how I was going to run the wire harness since we don't have a open space under the back seat to easily lay the harness. You need a creative installer.

bodhi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe battery trim removed Back Battery Trim Brackets

Inspired and emboldened by @jetfixer I started my disassembly to begin my sleeping platform build. In case anyone else was wondering about these trim holder brackets, they are spot welded to the frame. So any platform will need to account for them.

I am planning to remove the back seats.

I suppose you could grind them off, but the body color bolts (red in my case) that hold the seats in place are not too much lower. So a level platform would also need to account for them. They may make a nice solid mounting point for a cross piece to add anchor points and rigidity to the platform.

OP
OP
jetfixer

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe

Inspired and emboldened by @jetfixer I started my disassembly to begin my sleeping platform build. In case anyone else was wondering about these trim holder brackets, they are spot welded to the frame. So any platform will need to account for them.

I suppose you could grind them off, but the body color bolts (red in my case) that hold the seats in place are not too much lower. So a level platform would also need to account for them. They may make a nice solid mounting point for a cross piece to add anchor points and rigidity to the platform.
if your starting a build thread on this please let me know. I would like to watch your progress & ideas.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe

Yeah, I'm thinking about using them as anchor points for my cargo box. If I was putting a bed back there, I'd put a drawer under it to level out for the battery hump.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just thought some of you would like to see the battery with the trim covers removed. I'm getting ready to install Rock Slide Engineering step sliders & planning out my wire harness routing looks like plenty of room.

Back.

Back trim cover. Pull up to remove.

Right side.

Right side.

Right side & passenger front.

Right side cover.

Right side cover back. Pull up to remove.

Passenger side front

Driver side front

Driver side front

front cover.

Backside of front cover. Pull forward to remove.

Left side.

Left side cover.

Left back side. Pull up to remove.
So regarding pic #1, you just grab the bottom edge and pull up and it pops off without breaking any clips?

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
thanks for sharing! didn't realize the seats no longer folded flat, that just means whenever i do my next jeep I need to take some things with me to make sure I can still get them in with the seat hump.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
looking at these photos makes me wonder what would happen if the inside gets soaked with rain? Still okay like a regular wrangler?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Yes. The battery is completely sealed.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Is there any other vehicle brand owner that buys a $50k vehicle and immediately proceeds to take it apart like a Jeep owner? Love it!
I took all the covers off my Mach-E to see what was down in there. Front and rear motors so much to see hidden behind the plastic. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
jetfixer

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
thanks for sharing! didn't realize the seats no longer folded flat, that just means whenever i do my next jeep I need to take some things with me to make sure I can still get them in with the seat hump.
only on the 4xe's.

eLECTRICON

Is there any other vehicle brand owner that buys a $50k vehicle and immediately proceeds to take it apart like a Jeep owner? Love it!
Ha! I put a dent and broke the passenger mirror off on day 2 of ownership 4wheeling. I cut a lot of stuff off to put things on that's not made for 4xe. Like Falcon shocks. Internal light bar(not for sky top) a few mods some bolts and BOOM professional install!!!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe battery trim removed eLECTRICON