Sponsored

Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL?

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Well, it took a while, but RockJock (name changed as of the first of the year, and it's no longer Currie), sent me some upgraded arms. You'll see that the new arms have a reinforcement piece on the back side. They're definitely more heavy duty - and I should emphasize heavy. You can also see how bent the old one is in comparison to the new one. Both sides were like this.
I installed them, but it'll take a bit until I can really beat on them, but I'm sure they're stronger.

20200117_150618.jpg

20200117_150631.jpg

20200117_150641.jpg
Sponsored

bnidasio

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Well, it took a while, but RockJock (name changed as of the first of the year, and it's no longer Currie), sent me some upgraded arms. You'll see that the new arms have a reinforcement piece on the back side. They're definitely more heavy duty - and I should emphasize heavy. You can also see how bent the old one is in comparison to the new one. Both sides were like this.
I installed them, but it'll take a bit until I can really beat on them, but I'm sure they're stronger.

20200117_150618.jpg

20200117_150631.jpg

20200117_150641.jpg

20200117_150618.jpg

20200117_150631.jpg

20200117_150641.jpg
Are those arms available from RockJock? How’d you get that set? Thanks!

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are those arms available from RockJock? How’d you get that set? Thanks!
Did you have the same problem?

I emailed them inquiring about what to do after my rear arms bent after the first trip out, and they sent these. I was kind of expecting the new cast ones they've recently launched, but as long as these hold up, I'm OK. I had my JL this last weekend and flexed it pretty hard, but I haven't checked to see how the arms are. I'm assuming OK.

bnidasio

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Did you have the same problem?

I emailed them inquiring about what to do after my rear arms bent after the first trip out, and they sent these. I was kind of expecting the new cast ones they've recently launched, but as long as these hold up, I'm OK. I had my JL this last weekend and flexed it pretty hard, but I haven't checked to see how the arms are. I'm assuming OK.
When I flex mine out all the way the arms bend into my rear inner fenders. I’m just wondering when they’re gonna bend and stay bent.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I flex mine out all the way the arms bend into my rear inner fenders. I’m just wondering when they’re gonna bend and stay bent.
Since you're in Las Vegas, you can do what I did to bend them. Go to Sand Hollow start park, near Hurricane, Utah, and run the Maze and Double Sammy. That's what killed mine.

FYI, I'm running the EVO Enforcer 3.5 with King bumps stops adjusted to allow near max shock travel.

Sponsored

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
How are the new arms holding up in the rear? Any info appreciated. FWIW on another application other than a JL I had to press brake both the arms and swaybar links to avoid rubbing.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are the new arms holding up in the rear? Any info appreciated. FWIW on another application other than a JL I had to press brake both the arms and swaybar links to avoid rubbing.
The double-thick new arms I got are holding up fine. However, I've noted that right after I got those, the AntiRock kits that started shipping right afterward included the new cast chromoly arms. I don't know how those are holding up.

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Haha yeah I saw that, that would have been the case for me as well. Most things never go my way....I wonder why they're also offering an aluminum version then

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyone is using the Currie Antirock on their JL, and if so what their impressions thus far are on install, performance, etc..

Looks like their kit is out at: https://www.currieenterprises.com/ce-9900jlf-jl-antirock-front-sway-bar-kit
Wow, I forgot all about this thread! I ended up ordering a kit in 2018 for my Sport and it worked great! On a Sport with 33s and the Mopar 2" Lift, it did rub on the inside tire at full lock. It maybe needed 1/2" more clearance. This can be corrected with just a bit of backspacing.

I also think it was at a higher angle than desired (maybe 20-25deg) instead of 15. Nothing the jeopardized the arms at full droop/stuff though.

I still have the old Antirock for the front, but it's not installed now that I have a Rubi. I think I liked the offroad performance of the Antirock more than full disco though.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Wow, I forgot all about this thread! I ended up ordering a kit in 2018 for my Sport and it worked great! On a Sport with 33s and the Mopar 2" Lift, it did rub on the inside tire at full lock. It maybe needed 1/2" more clearance. This can be corrected with just a bit of backspacing.

I also think it was at a higher angle than desired (maybe 20-25deg) instead of 15. Nothing the jeopardized the arms at full droop/stuff though.
I'm wondering how much backspacing is needed to run these on a Rubi. I called RockJock and they said 4.25" but the sales guy was upfront saying he didn't have that info in front of him. Any chance I could run 5" of backspace and 37's?

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I just installed both front and rear Antirock sway bars on my 2021 Willys Sport 2 door with the rear Dana m220 (narrow).

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20210508_172925

Got the install finished and drove around the block a couple times. Went to double check the bolts and saw that the upper heim joints were touching the stock tires on stock rims.

The driver's side was just kissing the tire, the passenger's side was slightly more. :facepalm:

Driver's side:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20210511_102116

The passenger's side "self clearanced" my tire a bit:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20210511_102731

350 miles on my Jeep.... Less than thrilled. Sent an email to Rockjock and we'll see what they say. I really don't want to run wheel spacers....

For being marketed for All JLs- I'm not sure they ever tested these on a Sport/Willys. Other than that looks like a solid product....

Anyone thinking about the rear Rockjock Antirock on Sport/Willys may want to verify with them on fitment before dropping nearly 600 bucks on it.

I currently removed the sway bar links and have the arms zip tied to my frame. :(

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but they did mention in the video that there may be some clearance issues on some applications. (toward the end of the video)

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but they did mention in the video that there may be some clearance issues on some applications. (toward the end of the video)
Not that I don't want to hear it. I'm glad they mention it somewhere! I was more posting for others so they know.

I used the PDF install instructions and it's not mentioned anywhere in the install instructions or on the product page. I hadn't watched the video before.....

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that I don't want to hear it. I'm glad they mention it somewhere! I was more posting for others so they know.

I used the PDF install instructions and it's not mentioned anywhere in the install instructions or on the product page. I hadn't watched the video before.....
On their web page, the instructions are right below the video.
I'm betting that those instructions and video were created long before the Willys was even available (note the video shows the older arms). And that tidbit of very useful information should have been also mentioned in the instructions!

Nonetheless, it's really a bummer that it doesn't fit your Jeep.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I really, really wanted to run these sway bars on my JLR and called them to see what backspacing they recommended. The tech said 4.25" minimum. I pressed for details. Rubicon or Sport? Don't know. What tire width is that for, 12.5"? Don't know.

I was thinking "if you can't be bothered to tell me what it takes to run your product, I can't be bothered to buy it."
Sponsored