First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I sold my 2018 BMW M3 w/competition package to get this 392. It absolutely is a luxury item. And there absolutely is a comparison to be made. Both are insanely fun to drive. And neither of them are needed. They are both excessive from a pure transportation standpoint.
My wife currently has an M3/competition package and I sold my Tesla P100DL to get my JLURD... a $160k ultra luxury sports car.

I will agree to disagree. The Jeep doesn’t even have fucking power seats or steering wheel. The Jeep is cramped in the passenger compartment and uncomfortable AF compared to either.

The ride also sucks compared to either. And the cabin and chassis and top squeak and creak... neither of the LUXURY cars do that. Not to mention how loud it is...

Yes both are completely unnecessary that’s where the comparison ends.
Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not sure that he meant "luxury" in the context you think he did.

My wife has a BMW X7, I have a BMW X3M Comp. and I placed an order for a 392 Wrangler (to replace my JLUR). All vastly different but I consider all three to be "luxury" items.
The 392 is luxury in the sense of price for sure...

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
The 392 is luxury in the sense of price for sure...
Yup, I think you guys are just blurring the two different definitions of the word "luxury". By the way Ross, I would have hit like on your last comment about "price" but I couldn't bring myself to alter your current reaction score. ;) 🚬

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I sold my 2018 BMW M3 w/competition package to get this 392. It absolutely is a luxury item. And there absolutely is a comparison to be made. Both are insanely fun to drive. And neither of them are needed. They are both excessive from a pure transportation standpoint.
Not sure that he meant "luxury" in the context you think he did.

My wife has a BMW X7, I have a BMW X3M Comp. and I placed an order for a 392 Wrangler (to replace my JLUR). All vastly different but I consider all three to be "luxury" items.
You guys have lost your minds. The Jeep in no way shape or form is “luxury” vehicle. The 392 like any other EXPENSIVE vehicle is a discretionary spend but far from luxury.

A Bentley is luxury. A box with a massive engine is just expensive fun.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
You guys have lost your minds. The Jeep in no way shape or form is “luxury” vehicle. The 392 like any other EXPENSIVE vehicle is a discretionary spend but far from luxury.

Sometimes words can have more than one meaning. One time I met a guy who couldn't for the life of him comprehend the term, "pedestrian car."

Sponsored

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Where? If only I could get the same discount I got for my JLUR,5% under invoice for a bare bones base model c8, even better if I can get it factory ordered. I'd be very tempted to trade the JLUR in for one
A 1 minute search on Google yielded pages of results.

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Only if you ordered one from the dealer and they were decent enough to give MSRP. Many are listed at MSRP, until you call. Then it is either a sold unit or there is ADM on it. People are getting anywhere from 10K to 25K over MSRP for used ones. I have been on the hunt for months for a Rapid Blue and it is absolutely crazy.

Sam
Ahh yes did not take in to account that they may not be advertised correctly, my apologies for the attitude to the prior poster.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

THANK YOU!!! I would say more but your post is enough lol

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Guys are telling me that the 6.2 Hemi is only a 100,000 mile engine. That's a lot of cash for a short-lived machine. Buy an old TJ and drop a SBC350 in it for a faster, more reliable machine at 1/4 the price.
First off, it's a 6.4 liter. The 6.2 is the Hellcat motor. They are very durable even with hard usage. Tell the guys that are telling you that it's a 100,000 mile motor....they're full of shit.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it NEVER sells at that price point. $100k may not be much money in Los Angeles, but elsewhere, that’s a significant amount of money.

I am all for dealerships making a profit but a dealer asking THAT price for that vehicle is out of line. Anyone seriously considering dropping their hard earned money on a 392 with a grossly artificial and overly inflated $100k price is just obscene.
It’s only “out of line” if it doesn’t sell. People can do what they want with their money. If someone wants to drop $100k on a 392 instead of waiting six months to save $28k, that’s their business not mine.

And please people stop arguing about whether the 392 is a luxury vehicle... there’s an easy answer to that:

It is not a “luxury” SUV in the sense that a Bentley Bentayga is a luxury SUV. It doesn’t have a champagne cooler, 64-way massaging seats, and leather softened by eagle’s tears. We all understand this.

It is a “luxury item” in the sense that no one, EVER, EVER, needs to own one. It’s a luxury.

One I sure as shit can’t afford at $100k!

Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Ahh yes did not take in to account that they may not be advertised correctly, my apologies for the attitude to the prior poster.
No worries at all. You are correct in the fact that a bunch are advertised at MSRP. Just be prepared for an ADM when calling. Lol.

Sam

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
It’s only “out of line” if it doesn’t sell. People can do what they want with their money. If someone wants to drop $100k on a 392 instead of waiting six months to save $28k, that’s their business not mine.

And please people stop arguing about whether the 392 is a luxury vehicle... there’s an easy answer to that:

It is not a “luxury” SUV in the sense that a Bentley Bentayga is a luxury SUV. It doesn’t have a champagne cooler, 64-way massaging seats, and leather softened by eagle’s tears. We all understand this.

It is a “luxury item” in the sense that no one, EVER, EVER, needs to own one. It’s a luxury.

One I sure as shit can’t afford at $100k!
I'm actually a little confused as to why this conversation is still continuing... I assumed a quick reminder that there is more than one definition of the word "luxury" would be the end of it. 😳

Anyway, I'm kinda hungry.. Gonna go grab a cookie out of my web browser.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Well said. We all claim we embrace capitalism until we get on the wrong side of the supply/demand equation. Then...suddenly...the other party is greedy. If purchasers are willing/able to pay a premium for an item in short supply, more power to them.
Totally agree. When it is a truck no one needs. Not so much if it is, say, insulin.

so i guess I’m not really a true capitalist.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm turning to insults? You're the one who said I was "talking out my ass". I don't know why you little internet bullies get offended when someone doesn't just roll over and take your crap. It's OK for you to disagree with my opinion. It's not OK to start an argument then cry like a little girl when a real man stands up to you. I can guarantee you wouldn't be saying this garbage if we were face to face. Grow up and be civil on these forums or leave.
i hate to tell you but i'm not offended, i just find it hilarious when shit heads like you spout some bull shit and cannot back up their original point and then turn to insults when poked.
talking out of your ass is a technical term, sweetheart. that means you're full of shit. your original point was shit and now you've gone full retard internet bad ass. i can guarantee i wouldnt be saying this to your face either when your super reliable 500hp sbc TJ doesnt make the 200mi. trip to the trailhead.

happy wrenching - cause you're not wheeling
Sponsored