Off-Road Pages Updated? (v.20)

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ever since I got my ‘21 JLUR in September, my off-road pages has been v.190221.0

From what I know, v.190221.0 has been the latest version of the app.

Recently, many 2018-2020 model years got an update for uConnect, which also updated their off-road pages app from v.171205.0 to the aforementioned v.190221.0

Today I opened my off-road pages and noticed it’s been suddenly updated to v.200820.0

I never got a dialog to update uConnect or anything of the sort. I haven’t noticed any changes except for the fact that the app loads about 50% faster.

Anyone else randomly get an update to ORP today?

edit: here’s a pic
Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Pages Updated? (v.20) EA6802C0-2F18-4683-88A4-B3F40A2AD725
Sponsored

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Ever since I got my ‘21 JLUR in September, my off-road pages has been v.190221.0

Recently, many 2018-2020 model years got an update for uConnect, which also updated their off-road pages app from v.171205.0 to the aforementioned v.190221.0

Today I opened my off-road pages and noticed it’s been suddenly updated to v.200820.0

I never got a dialog to update uConnect or anything of the sort. I haven’t noticed any changes except for the fact that the app loads about 50% faster.

Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Pages Updated? (v.20) EA6802C0-2F18-4683-88A4-B3F40A2AD725
Interesting. Will check firmware. Past day or two I noticed ORPages loading quicker. OP may have discovered ‘why.’ 👍

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I have an April 21 manufacture date, so I don't know if mine came with it or got updated, but it seems just as slow as it has always been. I can't imagine it being even slower!

I did notice last week, the Sirius XM app had what looked like command line text hovering over the app icon mentioning an update was being applied.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a new head unit this week due to the screen delaminating on the original. I haven't checked the ORP yet but will do so today. I'm crossing my fingers because it did indeed load VERY slowly before. I'd love to see that sped up a bit.

OP
OP
DavidArmen

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have an April 21 manufacture date, so I don't know if mine came with it or got updated, but it seems just as slow as it has always been. I can't imagine it being even slower!

I did notice last week, the Sirius XM app had what looked like command line text hovering over the app icon mentioning an update was being applied.
Are you referring to this text by any chance?
Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Pages Updated? (v.20) C2F89BD6-FE88-4B22-B380-A567576CDEE2

I’ve been getting this text once in a while ever since I got my 2021 JLUR in September and it never seems to complete the install because it always comes back.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Yes, it was a jar file. It was so quick I didn't see what it actually said.

Odd, it's trying to install a Spanish language file. I've not seen a language selector in the system unless I've missed it.

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel

Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Pages Updated? (v.20) 20210508_184647
I did confirm my UConnect (build date March 21, 2021) is running V.2

Noticed again, today, faster load speed of ORPages. Significantly faster (4-5 seconds vs 20-30 seconds previously). Uncertain ‘when’ OTA update to V2 occurred but I can confirm I have it and system load time is faster.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Was it just a random hiccup or was it a temperature sensor failure? Because it looks like the jeep is pretty cold otherwise.
LOL, it's a 4xe. So the cold readings are okay. After a while the oil temp dropped to 82F and matched the coolant's temp. I've only had brief ICE activation this week when pulling out into heavy traffic.

I did some off roading last weekend and had to manage the trans temp, which made me briefly panic here. But the oil temp was 82F in the center console while showing 419F in the app.

I'll keep an eye on this, but I think the Off Road pages might not know what to do in EV mode.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

Noticed again, today, faster load speed of ORPages. Significantly faster (4-5 seconds vs 20-30 seconds previously). Uncertain ‘when’ OTA update to V2 occurred but I can confirm I have it and system load time is faster.
I'm still in that 20 second range. But only on first launch. It seems excessively slow to me. But I've only had this a little over two weeks now.

My backup lines work exactly two days before needing to reset to reset.

OP
OP
DavidArmen

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Nice! We got a background update to it I guess. Definitely opens in seconds now, even for the first launch!

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Just wanted to revisit something and maybe get some clarification. I had forgot to bring my phone in the Jeep with me and was sitting in the driveway running. I have ORP as one of my bottom shortcuts. There was an error or Uconnect message on the icon. My wife brought my phone out to me and it cleared up as soon as I got a data connection from my phone.

I was thinking one of 2 things. It was running an update (but it would have been a weird coincidence). OR Off Road pages needs a data connection (from your phone or other source) to work. That may explain some of the slow and intermittent connectivity issues others have been having. If so, it's a very dumb implementation, as many don't have great cell service on the trails where you would be using it most.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Just wanted to revisit something and maybe get some clarification. I had forgot to bring my phone in the Jeep with me and was sitting in the driveway running. I have ORP as one of my bottom shortcuts. There was an error or Uconnect message on the icon. My wife brought my phone out to me and it cleared up as soon as I got a data connection from my phone.

I was thinking one of 2 things. It was running an update (but it would have been a weird coincidence). OR Off Road pages needs a data connection (from your phone or other source) to work. That may explain some of the slow and intermittent connectivity issues others have been having. If so, it's a very dumb implementation, as many don't have great cell service on the trails where you would be using it most.
I just went and tested my theory. It was running an update. I now have the most current version of ORP. Runs super fast now. And does not need a phones data connection. Whew!
Sponsored