Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I would agree with that but my dealer has 4 orders from the release date. 1 has been delivered and two are on the way. Mine is still waiting at D1.
Could be a parts, or options availability thing I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Do you know if they were all ordered at about the same time?

Could also be that they weren’t all accepted at the same time, even despite having allocations, to be able to split them into first wave, second wave, etc. Basically for the opposite reason, to avoid over-prioritizing, or delivering too many to just one dealership or region.

Plus, unfortunately there are likely other variables that affect build schedules and delivery that none of us are privy to.

And the end of the day, the biggest problem is the lack of accurate information that any of us got (or are now getting), throughout the long wait, and I’m all too familiar with the panic and irritation that starts to set in after a while.

But, I’m still just grasping at straws here like everybody else, and just hoping to at least get, or provide some insight.
Sponsored

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
Could be a parts, or options availability thing I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Do you know if they were all ordered at about the same time?

Could also be that they weren’t all accepted at the same time, even despite having allocations, to be able to split them into first wave, second wave, etc. Basically for the opposite reason, to avoid over-prioritizing, or delivering too many to just one dealership or region.

Plus, unfortunately there are likely other variables that affect build schedules and delivery that none of us are privy to.

And the end of the day, the biggest problem is the lack of accurate information that any of us got (or are now getting), throughout the long wait, and I’m all too familiar with the panic and irritation that starts to set in after a while.

But, I’m still just grasping at straws here like everybody else, and just hoping to at least get, or provide some insight.
All ordered between 11/19 and 11/23. Did you see my previous message about parts.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
It's nice when those posting also reference their VINs, it helps us validate our tracking sheets.
Thanks to those that do.
It hasn’t made any sense the way there building them my order was the same date as yours 11-23-20 there was very little progress until about 30 days ago it Went to D1, the dealer email me this morning that it shipped last night with ETA to Las Vegas of 5-20. Don’t give up it will happen.
I wish mine was on that Vegas train with yours. Is it hydro blue by any chance with 1/2 doors? Someone mentioned that they are building them based on locations to more efficiently fill the trains. Doesn't seem to be the case with mine coming to Vegas too. I think they schedule them after the parts arrive, regardless of final destination.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a message from a contact inside the plant. “Out of parts for 392. Not sure if it’s chip related “.
My parts have already been received so I hope that doesn't affect my ship date.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's nice when those posting also reference their VINs, it helps us validate our tracking sheets.
Thanks to those that do.
Order date of 11-30-2020 and my VIN is 710722. There have been some with higher VINs that have received build sheets and Window Stickers on the JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking thread. In fact, there is at east one 392 ordered in March that has received a build sheet already. I'm still D1, 16 days and counting. Checked with my dealer today and my 5-11-2021 ship date has been pushed back to 5-21-2021. So the wait continues. I'm hoping I'm one of those lucky ones that it just miraculously shows up at the dealer unannounced.

Sponsored

Firewater

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJ
I wish mine was on that Vegas train with yours. Is it hydro blue by any chance with 1/2 doors? Someone mentioned that they are building them based on locations to more efficiently fill the trains. Doesn't seem to be the case with mine coming to Vegas too. I think they schedule them after the parts arrive, regardless of final destination.
Mine is the same color but no 1/2 doors , Vin 710718 so only a few numbers off from yours.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
All ordered between 11/19 and 11/23. Did you see my previous message about parts.
Yup, I saw it right after I had finished typing my mine.

That’s pretty interesting, because outside of the drivetrain and related changes & reinforcements, I would think it shares a lot parts with other JLUR’s. I would also assume they use a very similar number of chips as well.. So I’m thinking if there’s a shortage of something that is 392 specific, it’s probably more drivetrain related than chip shortage.

Just speculating of course.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is the same color but no 1/2 doors , Vin 710718 so only a few numbers off from yours.
Only 4 numbers off. You'd think they would've been built the same day, but Jeep is all over the place on the VINs and build dates with the 392s. Are you getting yours from Jeep Only by any chance?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Added your VIN to the list, and found your VIN shows both BuildSheet and WindowSticker for NV

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Tonight's 5/7 update as of 2350 CST -
Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

3 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

6 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
Tonight's 5/8 update as of 2300 CST -
Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

0 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

One other thing, I will most likely not be able to post an update on 5/9 as I will be traveling overseas.
This means the 5/10 Monday night update may be interesting.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Maybe we can find a pattern by sharing as much info as we can, or share pertinent options that may be delaying the build (i.e. I don't think the head liner would have a delaying effect on a build) plus location.
Order date: 4/6/2021
VIN: 736077 available on 4/10/2021
Current code: BX
Options: Sarge Green, double-door with premium uppers, hinge-gate reinforcement, trailer-tow package.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe we can find a pattern by sharing as much info as we can, or share pertinent options that may be delaying the build (i.e. I don't think the head liner would have a delaying effect on a build) plus location.
Options: Sarge Green, double-door with premium uppers, hinge-gate reinforcement, trailer-tow package.
Any idea is as good as the next.
I was even thinking the assembly line might do one or two allocations at a time starting with those dealers having the highest sales turnover and then working their way down... but that idea went out the window when I saw multiple instances of sequential VINs going out to the same dealers scattered throughout the nation. My dealer's #2 and #3 allocations were sequential VINs, #1 was not. I now see their #4 allocation (699778) is in transit... 2 more to go.

Order date: 11/23/2020 (was dealer's last allocation at #6)
VIN: 735268 available on 4/12/2021
Options: Firecracker Red, SOT, trail cam, hinge-gate reinforcement, tow package. cargo group, floor mats

Firewater

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJ
Order date 11-23-20
Vin. 710718
current Shipped 5-8-21
location. Shipping to dealer in Las Vegas ETA 5-20
options. Blue, hard top with header, trail camera, trailer tow
FYI In an email from my dealer back about 2 months ago he claimed that they had a total allocation of 15 392.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Order date 11-23-20
Vin. 710718
current Shipped 5-8-21
location. Shipping to dealer in Las Vegas ETA 5-20
options. Blue, hard top with header, trail camera, trailer tow
FYI In an email from my dealer back about 2 months ago he claimed that they had a total allocation of 15 392.
which dealer is that? if you don't mind me asking.
Sponsored