OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
We are very pleased with the Alpine system in our 4xe and the B&O system in our Mach-E. The 4xe is not very quiet in the cabin anyway so I presume almost any sound system will struggle to compete with the ambient noise. The Mach-E has the opposite issue....very quiet so you really hear the sound limitations with Sirius XM broadcasts etc.

Do we know if the pedestrian speaker is deactivated when in 4L?
How do you like the Mach-E? Ford looks they are finally getting with the 21st century. I haven't seen any in the wild yet. Although I haven't seen any other 4xes either.

I had it on my list but I'm a single car owner and I like to take trips up into the mountains. The charging networks don't look so good in some remote parts. I also like the new '21 Model X but prices are crazy.
Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
How do you like the Mach-E? Ford looks they are finally getting with the 21st century. I haven't seen any in the wild yet. Although I haven't seen any other 4xes either.

I had it on my list but I'm a single car owner and I like to take trips up into the mountains. The charging networks don't look so good in some remote parts. I also like the new '21 Model X but prices are crazy.
Build quality is very high. Only BEV available with a higher quality level is Jaguar iPace but that car was really assembled by Magna International (large tier one supplier for OEMs...) the Mach-E has exceeded my expectations in many areas such as range, driving aids, performance and integrated tech. The ride is a little harsh.....a new F150 or Ram has a smoother ride. I guess Ford was trying to make it sporty and firm but it misses the mark a bit.

Their FordPass app was a steaming pile at launch. Better now but still nothing like the MyFordMobile app that we enjoyed with our Focus Electric BEV and C-Max Energi PHEV.
The Phone as a Key is not very reliable. It works but sometimes takes a few moments to unlock while you wait at the door begging to be let back in. Lucky we get a key fob still....but only one. :(
At least Jeep still gives us two fobs...

Even so, the cabin is roomy and comfortable. Plenty of room for passengers and cargo and it is quick. :) I think Ford has a hit with this model. They are sold out according to a recent press release. If Ford can find a way to build more of these then they will sell as fast as they can get them put of the factory.

We were all ready to buy a Rivian or F-150 BEV for towing and off road adventures but got tired of waiting. I only learned about the 4xe about 6 weeks ago and started looking at it more. We really didn't want to go back to a PHEV but when you get behind the wheel it is hard to resist. :)
A PHEV now or wait for an off road BEV that maybe will be available next year or the year after? The 4xe is here now and tomorrow is no guarantee so it is goodbye Ford and hello Jeep! Happy to join you fine folks here on the dark side. :)

Let the eWheeling commence!

20210424_141348.jpg

20210414_080319.jpg

20210410_122428.jpg

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Nice, I was worried about Ford for a while, but I think they are catching up. How is the fit and finish? My 2018 Mustang GT had all kinds of sloppy paint, panel finish issues, and interior rattles.

I haven't read up much on the Wrangler BEV, but I can't see how it would have any range given the aerodynamics. But the 4xe manages to have a really good EV feel too it, even with ICE assist. I did some hard pulls and before I knew it the Uconnect was sternly yelling the speed limit at me.

How did you get 3986.0 miles on it?

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
It works, I don't notice it too much, even with the roof open and the back windows out. When my son was driving it around I could hear it. I've also come up behind on a few people and have noticed them turning around with a confused look.

My worry is just with animals. I have a cat that likes to greet me when I pull into the drive way. He will walk in front of my car when I pull in and wait for me to get out. Funny sight, people often comment about it. In time he'll get used to the 4xe.

Prior car was a mustang GT. When that started everything would scatter away.

FL here too, and I just traded in my 2019 Mustang GT for a 4xe! Same thing, the cats would scatter with a cold start (especially with the active exhaust and h-pipe), now they just look at me funny.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
FL here too, and I just traded in my 2019 Mustang GT for a 4xe! Same thing, the cats would scatter with a cold start (especially with the active exhaust and h-pipe), now they just look at me funny.
There are a few of us here that made the same trade! Have you tried a drive through ATM yet? That sucked so bad in a Mustang, lol.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
There are a few of us here that made the same trade! Have you tried a drive through ATM yet? That sucked so bad in a Mustang, lol.
I think I hit a drive through ATM in my Mustang one time. It's rare for me since I bank with Navy Fed and there isn't one near me, I typically use the ATM at Publix or 7-11 on the rare occasion I need cash since they don't charge me a fee. I would get some serious sideways looks if I tried to drive up to one of those! lol

Now, the pay module at the "no touch" drive through car wash... I hit that once a month with the Mustang. I've only had the Jeep 4 days, so I haven't had to wash it yet, but I'm sure I will soon.
Sponsored