JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
This just in: Ford to stop Bronco production for two weeks https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/ford-stop-production-bronco-ranger-plant-2-weeks

I realize chip shortages are a thing right now, but geez, Bronco just keeps getting hit with one delay after another!

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that the only Broncos that Ford delivered this year were the First Edition ones (along with all the pre-production concept vehicles that they have given to various social media influencers to hype up the vehicle). Bummer, was really hoping to see some on the road in 2021.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that the only Broncos that Ford delivered this year were the First Edition ones (along with all the pre-production concept vehicles that they have given to various social media influencers to hype up the vehicle). Bummer, was really hoping to see some on the road in 2021.
You will. Many in production in May/June.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what excuses will be made for the front lower shock mounting stud on the sasquatch package being left to hang as the lowest spot on the bottom of the short a-arms.

I'm guessing that it was conveniently forgotten, like Aldos mention of how cheap the thing was finished.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Hi, thought Iā€™d add another video. I registered at this site a week or two ago to add info. Since then, and even before, Iā€™ve been really looking at all the threads and love how current Jeep owners have been modding their vehicles.
The vid was shot by a Bronco lover so he pretty much cares about his stuff like you do yours.
This ride takes place in Tennessee I believe so it gives you an idea of what kind of conditions people east of the Mississippi routinely deal with.
Keep in mind this is a road embellished by Ford to showcase certain attributes of the Bronco. An example is the rock brought in for the 20 yard rock crawl. Itā€™s not the Rubicon so donā€™t laugh. Itā€™s a marketing exercise.
Also skip the first 5 minutes to get to the drive. Lots of talk but I like the guys genuine enthusiasm.

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I have to add; I think the trail turn assist will be seen as an option that acts counter to tread lightly. If you get a few hundred vehicles doing that on Black Bear Pass or whatever it is in Colorado I feel the turn will get very rutted over time. I can see this ability being frowned upon or discouraged at some point dependent on volume of usage.

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
This just in: Ford to stop Bronco production for two weeks https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/ford-stop-production-bronco-ranger-plant-2-weeks

I realize chip shortages are a thing right now, but geez, Bronco just keeps getting hit with one delay after another!
FWIW.....

The endless delays are likely due to engineering/design flaws in tops that leak after being removed that have not been resolved before production ramps up.

Also have been reports of technical glitches with trail turn assist and electronic front sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I have to add; I think the trail turn assist will be seen as an option that acts counter to tread lightly. If you get a few hundred vehicles doing that on Black Bear Pass or whatever it is in Colorado I feel the turn will get very rutted over time. I can see this ability being frowned upon or discouraged at some point dependent on volume of usage.
Yup - just like the Rivian doing that roundy-round thing (which I can't see being an actual production option = looks out of control to me) You can turn 360 degrees in a skid-steer exactly like that, it will really churn up the ground.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
FWIW.....

The endless delays are likely due to engineering/design flaws in tops that leak after being removed that have not been resolved before production ramps up.

Also have been reports of technical glitches with trail turn assist and electronic front sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.
The 2025 bronco will be nice

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The window switch locations is an interesting one for those lacking T-rex arms.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW.....

It took Jeep 80 years to develop tops that donā€™t leak.

Ford is starting from zero. Those frameless doors canā€™t be helping on that regard, either.

Good luck to them.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I was thinking the same thing.
Hi, thought Iā€™d add another video. I registered at this site a week or two ago to add info. Since then, and even before, Iā€™ve been really looking at all the threads and love how current Jeep owners have been modding their vehicles.
The vid was shot by a Bronco lover so he pretty much cares about his stuff like you do yours.
This ride takes place in Tennessee I believe so it gives you an idea of what kind of conditions people east of the Mississippi routinely deal with.
Keep in mind this is a road embellished by Ford to showcase certain attributes of the Bronco. An example is the rock brought in for the 20 yard rock crawl. Itā€™s not the Rubicon so donā€™t laugh. Itā€™s a marketing exercise.
Also skip the first 5 minutes to get to the drive. Lots of talk but I like the guys genuine enthusiasm.

The video was pretty embarassing. Looked like the road crew came in and prepped prior to paving. lol

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was thinking the same thing.

The video was pretty embarassing. Looked like the road crew came in and prepped prior to paving. lol
I found it hard to believe that they were impressed that they were going about 20 or 30 mph on a smooth trail. I was totally like wow.

shlotch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Haha, backwater-bro over here using his mask like it's a skid-plate for his chin. Gotta keep the dust off those chin-pubes!

Capture.PNG

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Oh good lord the haters are reaching now.
Sponsored