Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Watch the following

These will help tremendously.

I used a three step process.
Applicator 2 Coats 5 min in-between coats
High Gloss Trim Paint 3 coats 5 Min in-between coats
Wait 30 mins after last Paint coat then start Clear Coat Process
Clear Coat 4 coats 10 min in-between coats.

I'll post the brands I used. I went to my local automotive paint store and he pointed me in the right direction. Materials cost about $50. Maybe a little overkill but I bought the best quality stuff he had. Turned out great I think.

Most difficult part is getting the inserts off the grille. It goes together much easier than taking it apart. My wife and I did it all in one night. Let everything dry overnight and put it back together the next morning. I also bought a plastic trim remover kit (Cheap at harbor freight) which really helped when removing the fog light bezels. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
7BBAE080-C25A-489B-A7F5-ECC2BD198B6C.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
How long should it take dealer to prep the vehicle and process paperwork once an ordered 4xe arrives at dealership? My dealer is on day 9, keeps telling me how “slammed” he is selling other vehicles!

I wrote him today, and asked him if he could delay one of the walk-in sales by a few hours, or maybe even delay a new sale by one day so he can process and deliver mine - rather than pushing it to day 10.

Rant over.

I know some here have been waiting for a number of months, so I’m trying to be patient!

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
How long should it take dealer to prep the vehicle and process paperwork once an ordered 4xe arrives at dealership? My dealer is on day 9, keeps telling me how “slammed” he is selling other vehicles!

I wrote him today, and asked him if he could delay one of the walk-in sales by a few hours, or maybe even delay a new sale by one day so he can process and deliver mine - rather than pushing it to day 10.

Rant over.

I know some here have been waiting for a number of months, so I’m trying to be patient!
I think you’re being more than reasonable. You’d think you’d be a priority since it’s a done deal.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
For me, it would be time to show up at the dealership with full intention to close the deal NOW. If your point guy balks, ask for the sales manager. If he balks, ask for someone who is actually important with the dealership. Tell them you aren't leaving without the vehicle you ordered that you have seen in the lot gathering dust and pollen for almost 2 weeks (flubbing is allowed). Then, threaten to call Jeep and see if they can find someone who can close the deal on a vehicle on the lot that you ordered.

With enough beating of the war drums, someone WILL find the time to do your paperwork. That is BS.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
For me, it would be time to show up at the dealership with full intention to close the deal NOW. If your point guy balks, ask for the sales manager. If he balks, ask for someone who is actually important with the dealership. Tell them you aren't leaving without the vehicle you ordered that you have seen in the lot gathering dust and pollen for almost 2 weeks (flubbing is allowed). Then, threaten to call Jeep and see if they can find someone who can close the deal on a vehicle on the lot that you ordered.
I would do that, but the dealer is 1.5+ hours away, and because it’s in another state, they need to deliver the vehicle to me at my town clerk’s office in NH where the registration is paid for. This is the delivery method required by the last three MA dealerships I’ve worked with.

At best, I’d be into that desk-pounding excursion for 4 hours round trip - with little chance that they would bend on the interstate delivery rule. I would likely invest half a day, only to walk away with nothing but elevated blood pressure.

Tax filing season is crazy for me, so I can’t afford a half-day away from my desk until at least 5/18, the day after tax filing deadline. I suppose that’s why I’m not more upset. I don’t have much time to drive it right now anyway!

I’ll just keep on bugging them daily - eventually they’ll get sick of me!

Sponsored

Bear95

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 X3, 2014 M235i
Ordered Rubicon 4xe on 4/19. Got sticker 5/7. Jeep chat said "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer. "

Wayner83

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Ordered Rubicon 4xe on 4/19. Got sticker 5/7. Jeep chat said "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer. "
Mine said that about 12 days ago. My dealer said it will arrive at the rail yard 5/25. We ordered 4/17.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Gave up waiting on the car hauler to find my Sahara in the rail yard so I went to the same dealer I ordered it through and got this off their lot. Gave me a great deal on my trade in so I'm not out any more money that I was prepared to be with the Sahara :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? 1620522621783
What state was this dealership in where you got this?

Sponsored

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Order 4/30 and dealer said it has shipped and will be in in the next few days. Really fast and I feel
For those that ordered and it's taking awhile. That happen on my Pacifica hybrid.
Bad news even though I had a sold order the sticker went up because the price increase.
I am curious how this will play out because how can they raise the price after it is marked as a sold order.
The dealer even emailed me and said thankfully we got it in before the price increase.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Ordered 4/30. VIN 5/3.
Still unknown on everything else using the tracker. Dealer says estimated ship date of 6/3.

Last edited:

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Mine finally arrived yesterday!! Wife signed for it today and pick up on Monday because she wasn’t sure if she was going to be able to get there today to sign. Can’t wait to drive her home!
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? Dan_4Xe
Looks great! I am hopefully picking up my Hella Yella 4xe next week. How does the Blue/Yellow/Black combo look in person?
Sponsored