Sponsored

What oil will you be using in your Pentastar V6?

What oil will you be using in your Pentastar V6?

• Total voters

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Just be sure on the day you go in for your freebe oil change that you ask the "Service Manager" not the Service Writer (usually they are clueless) what bulk oil they are using that day... and in regard to your JL's oil change. Dealerships all vary in what brand, etc. they use for their bulk oil. You may think it is Pennzoil but this week/month the dealer may have gotten a better deal on XXXXX so that is what they are using. Anyway, do be sure to ask before they do the freebe oil change.... if you are fussy in regard to your oil.... as you should be!
I have worked in a few dealerships and usually they use what the manufacturer says to use. At our dealership it has been Pennzoil for the last 10 years(that's how long I have been there).
Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Don't all Wranglers come with 4 free oil changes as part of the Jeep wave program? So for my 1st 4, they will be all Pennzoil from the dealer.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Don't all Wranglers come with 4 free oil changes as part of the Jeep wave program? So for my 1st 4, they will be all Pennzoil from the dealer.
Regarding that Jeep Wave program...my salesperson told me about it as she was handing over the keys, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to activate the "included" 2 years. I found the registration and website, but I don't seem to have any way to tie it to my purchase, the only thing I can do is subscribe to the $150 annual plan. On that note, the Mopar owners site/features have been crashing/buggy all week. Anyone else have any luck with getting their Jeep Wave program activated, or for that matter, any of the features on the Mopar site?

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Regarding that Jeep Wave program...my salesperson told me about it as she was handing over the keys, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to activate the "included" 2 years. I found the registration and website, but I don't seem to have any way to tie it to my purchase, the only thing I can do is subscribe to the $150 annual plan. On that note, the Mopar owners site/features have been crashing/buggy all week. Anyone else have any luck with getting their Jeep Wave program activated, or for that matter, any of the features on the Mopar site?
Your jeep wave oil changes are there the moment the car is registered to you. Your dealer can check the vin ro verify. You can buy the packages from your service dept also. You can PM me your vin and last 4 didgets of your name and I can verify that you have the oil changes. I haven't used the website yet.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've got mine activated. All I had to do was create an account with the email my dealer had for me and my vehicle was already registered.

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got mine activated. All I had to do was create an account with the email my dealer had for me and my vehicle was already registered.
Weird. Maybe mine's registered on the back end somewhere; all I'm trying to do is confirm that through the Mopar owner's site/app and it keeps either redirecting me to purchase a subscription or ends in a website error (been getting this all week). Could be I'm just overly excited and impatient, I only bought it on Saturday so I'm sure paperwork is still churning.

Delay.PNG

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Weird. Maybe mine's registered on the back end somewhere; all I'm trying to do is confirm that through the Mopar owner's site/app and it keeps either redirecting me to purchase a subscription or ends in a website error (been getting this all week). Could be I'm just overly excited and impatient, I only bought it on Saturday so I'm sure paperwork is still churning.

Delay.PNG
yeah give it a few days so they can fix the site. You'll be good well before you need to think about your first oil change.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah give it a few days so they can fix the site. You'll be good well before you need to think about your first oil change.
Yeah, I'm sure. Sorry for the thread derail folks!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I just did my oil not too long ago and used STP synthetic. As for the oil filter, a cheap and Chinesey Purolator L36296 works fine. Even though I've got a few free oil changes as part of buying the Jeep, I'd rather do them myself since it'll actually take longer to drive to the dealership. The two times I succumbed to laziness and had them do it, they put the wrong oil filter in the first time and lost my oil cap the second.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I just did my oil not too long ago and used STP synthetic. As for the oil filter, a cheap and Chinesey Purolator L36296 works fine. Even though I've got a few free oil changes as part of buying the Jeep, I'd rather do them myself since it'll actually take longer to drive to the dealership. The two times I succumbed to laziness and had them do it, they put the wrong oil filter in the first time and lost my oil cap the second.
That dealership deserves a round of applause! :clap:

Jdawson4

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door
I'm honestly super excited about oil changes once I finally get my Jeep simply for the fact that it only takes 5 quarts. Just sold my 07 F250 that took 15 quarts per change

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
The factory fill is a 0w20, you cannot make that oil in anything other than synthetic.