Whats coming in 2022?

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Some sites day a V8 may be coming but from what they say they seem to be talking about the 392?
I highly doubt this. Jeep branded the 392 as the special Jeep. You want it, you go all out and get it. The color matched fenders, roof and all. It needs to stand on its own and look “different” driving down the road. I can almost guarantee Jeep will not let you just tick a box and have it put in a Sport. Just my $.02 involving branding and marketing.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Not ALL people want the best they can afford, just most people. I could have bought any Jeep I wanted, even a 392 Rubi, cash. I bought a 6MT Sport, only thing I didn't want was the steel wheels, so I put some Rubi takeoffs on within a month.
Amen to this.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.
i guess you can speak for yourself but certainly not for me. Ive taken my soort offroad more times than i can count and have a few scrapes and scars to prove it. Not only would i like to have factory lockers and D44s front and rear plus the transfer case but i also want some of the extra amenities i skipped over with my current base sport. It would be dumb for me to buy a new sport or sahara with some of the fancy goodies but skip over the rubi extras that i could really use and enjoy for just a few grand more.

i never get any good pics of my rig off road so this will have to do but ive done stuff 10x more difficult than this. Actual pucker factor obstacles lol
Jeep Wrangler JL Whats coming in 2022? 668D597F-C0E2-4EB5-A146-2049D040AC15

Last edited:

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
i guess you can soeak for yourself but certainly not for me. Ive taken my soort offroad more times than i can count and have a few scrapes and scars to prove it. Not only would i like to have factory lockers and D44s front and rear plus the transfer case but i also want some of the extra amenities i skipped over with my current base sport. It would be dumb for me to buy a new sport or sahara with some of the fancy goodies but skip over the rubi extras that i could really use and enjoy for just a few grand more.

i never get any good pics of my rig off road so this will have to do but ive done stuff 10x more difficult than this. Actual pucker factor obstacles lol View attachment 456901
I don't think Wolf was talking about you and others who actually wheel but people who don't even know what the extra buttons do or what they bought.

Sponsored

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
I wouldn't count on a 2 door 4xE, there would be no room to put the batteries in it.
If they take out the back seat and get creative, they could shoe-horn that battery into a 2 door..

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
1. Future-proof = if you're not "into" off-roading today, but you get a Rubi, you're pretty well setup just in case with minimal spend.
If you know how to turn a wrench you can take a Sport and build it up to accomplish everything a Rubicon can do, and more. I bought my Sport for 35k and I’ve already put in Rubi Recon suspension that I paid $225 for. The most costly aspect would be the axle swap with lockers, but ironically you could actually swap in some axles that are stronger and better than the Rubi’s. But let’s be honest, who’s actually using the Rubicon to its limit? Most of us would do plenty fine with a Sport.

2. Resale value = a Rubi will hold its value moreso than any other model (mainly for the reason above).
Honestly, Rubicon’s resell value has very little do with capability and customers knowledge of what they need for the wheelin’. A lot of people will see the sticker on the hood and buy it to be noticed or feel included. Brands know that humans are group oriented so they create brands and images to make you feel like you need something even if you don’t. I’m not saying everyone, there’s a lot of people that know exactly what their lockers do, and when to use everything the Rubicon has to be more efficient off-road.

But on the contrary, we also need to mention the large amount of people that drive Rubicon’s and never go off pavement, and also don’t Jeep wave at you. Yeah that’s right, I’m calling you out for not Jeep waving 😂[/QUOTE]

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I highly doubt this. Jeep branded the 392 as the special Jeep. You want it, you go all out and get it. The color matched fenders, roof and all. It needs to stand on its own and look “different” driving down the road. I can almost guarantee Jeep will not let you just tick a box and have it put in a Sport. Just my $.02 involving branding and marketing.
I agree about the 392 being a "special Jeep", I don't think Jeep is going to make as many as they can sell. The reason that I believe this is that FCA just got from under the thumb of Tesla by not needing to buy CO2 emissions credits in merging with PSA Group and becoming Stellantis. The newly formed Stellantis won't want to shift back to buying emissions credits in perpetuity just to have a V8 as an option for the Jeep. It doesn't even seem like Jeep put much into the 392 to make it more capable, they just made it for the coolness factor. I think it is super cool, so their plan worked.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
they just made it for the coolness factor. I think it is super cool, so their plan worked.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. Jeep wanted to bring out the inner kid in all the older Jeep enthusiast crowd. All the younger audience cares about is being able to plug it into a wall and not pay for gas, which is the direction we’re going. So we need to enjoy these big loud naturally aspirated motors while we still have them!

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
If you know how to turn a wrench you can take a Sport and build it up to accomplish everything a Rubicon can do, and more. I bought my Sport for 35k and I’ve already put in Rubi Recon suspension that I paid $225 for. The most costly aspect would be the axle swap with lockers, but ironically you could actually swap in some axles that are stronger and better than the Rubi’s. But let’s be honest, who’s actually using the Rubicon to its limit? Most of us would do plenty fine with a Sport.

Honestly, Rubicon’s resell value has very little do with capability and customers knowledge of what they need for the wheelin’. A lot of people will see the sticker on the hood and buy it to be noticed or feel included. Brands know that humans are group oriented so they create brands and images to make you feel like you need something even if you don’t. I’m not saying everyone, there’s a lot of people that know exactly what their lockers do, and when to use everything the Rubicon has to be more efficient off-road.

But on the contrary, we also need to mention the large amount of people that drive Rubicon’s and never go off pavement, and also don’t Jeep wave at you. Yeah that’s right, I’m calling you out for not Jeep waving 😂
[/QUOTE]

Suspension is free pretty often. But axles, high fenders and transfer case are a chunk of change. Can you really, really do that for less than the Rubi costs over a sport? I am not talking about other add ones, base vs base. Looks like a 10K difference on Jeep builder. So, $4-5K for axles, $2K transfer case (if you fond one), I think I saw aftermarket flares for like $600 that were high line. That's not a big savings and the base Rubicon has more than a base sport I would bet. Yea, I know you can take a sport and drop D60s under it too. All this "you can" often comes from people who haven't. Why is that?

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Suspension is free pretty often. But axles, high fenders and transfer case are a chunk of change. Can you really, really do that for less than the Rubi costs over a sport? I am not talking about other add ones, base vs base. Looks like a 10K difference on Jeep builder. So, $4-5K for axles, $2K transfer case (if you fond one), I think I saw aftermarket flares for like $600 that were high line. That's not a big savings and the base Rubicon has more than a base sport I would bet. Yea, I know you can take a sport and drop D60s under it too. All this "you can" often comes from people who haven't. Why is that?

“Suspension is free often”? Where do you live? Lol. Have you ever actually searched for used suspension? And Who said you need $600 flares? Jesus, I can already tell we’re on 2 different pages. That’s the problem with modern Jeeps and the rise of off-roading popularity, it’s become a money making business. Off-road companies selling metal and plastic for $600 lol. I’ll pass. And suckers buy it. All I need is 5k and I can build a sport to have axle swap, transfer case and suspension. And it’s fun and you have the pride of driving a machine you built up. That’s the perks of learning a trade and being blue collar and not a sucker.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
“Suspension is free often”? Where do you live? Lol. Have you ever actually searched for used suspension? And Who said you need $600 flares? Jesus, I can already tell we’re on 2 different pages. That’s the problem with modern Jeeps and the rise of off-roading popularity, it’s become a money making business. Off-road companies selling metal and plastic for $600 lol. I’ll pass. And suckers buy it. All I need is 5k and I can build a sport to have axle swap, transfer case and suspension. And it’s fun and you have the pride of driving a machine you built up. That’s the perks of learning a trade and being blue collar and not a sucker.
If you can do all that for $5k and have quality and reliability comparable to factory Rubi then you should open a shop and sell these kits and get super rich. I agree with MNJeeper happy to give Jeep $10k for their version of this. I'm a blue collar handy fella too.