Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Honor is summiting Everest (or Pritchett, or Rubicon, or John Bull) and having no need to brag about it and leaving no trace that you were ever there. You're confusing honor with gloating.
You feel the same about a Medal of Honor or a Purple Heart? Those damn gloating SOB’s. The badges are a good conversation starter, a way to quickly gauge the experience of people you might encounter on the trail. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Well maybe if you drove 2,000 miles to pick up a badge trail and when you get there it is six miles long and can be drove with a normal passenger car, you may not feel like it is an honor to complete said trail.

The Peter's Mill trail is NOT a challenge for renegade or a compass. I understand that the trails are for all Jeeps. So the question begs to be asked. Has anyone seen a stock compass or renegade with badges? How often are the people that own renegades and compass Jeeps traveling all over the US chasing badges. Is this a thing in the renegade or compass owner groups?
The more I’ve read about the different BOH trails, the more I’ve confirmed I wouldn’t even bother going after a lot of them. Peter’s mill, tread lightly, etc are just dirt roads and 3k plus miles from me. The badge trails at OHV parks back east don’t interest me in the least, there are tens of thousands of trails between the west coast and CO that are far more scenic, far more challenging, and much more worthy of my time. The Rubicon is 3 hours from my house, and it’s free. I’d feel like a moron if I drove 6k miles round trip to go to an over priced off road park.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You feel the same about a Medal of Honor or a Purple Heart? Those damn gloating SOB’s.
Actually, yes. If you walk around displaying these medals and like to identify yourself as a recipient, especially the Medal of Honor, you're probably a fraud. The real recipients of these medals have the honor and humility to not use them as a means to gloat and exalt themselves.

The badges are a good conversation starter, a way to quickly gauge the experience of people you might encounter on the trail. Nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly. Judgmental people eagerly use them to start undesirable conversations and like to treat them as a ranking system. When they don't actually have any reflection on experience and skill. It's possible to travel many trails like an idiot, constantly need others to get you out of trouble and learning nothing. Coincidentally, people like this love to show off their badges. I couldn't care less.
Sponsored