Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

So the wife gave me the ok to sell the Sport so i can upgrade to a Rubicon.

looking at 2021 id likely go for a hydro blue. Was looking at ordering one now but see that the order banks will close next month which i would think they would start taking orders for 2022....

i cant find anything online really stating what changes may be coming. Some sites day a V8 may be coming but from what they say they seem to be talking about the 392? Unless maybe they plan to put the 392 in all trim levels. I dont wantthat due to cost and mpg lol. Id love a basic hemi though, all day long. Is that even a remote possibility?

id also kick myself very hard if i went and ordered a hydro blue rubi and then they bring Gobi back. But then id also be sad panda if i waited and then they dont have gobi and hydro blue is gone for 2022.

oh the humanity!

if i order a 2021 now and while waiting for it to be built, they announce the 2022s and they have something better that id want, would i be able to transfer my deposit to a new order? Or would i likely lose that $1k?

anyone else in this boat with me? Lol
Sponsored

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just ordered mine because it seems like they're trending toward these small turbo engines or these weird e torque ones that i just don't want due to extra complexity etc. Would rather have an auto but only way to get regular 3.6 was to do a 6S so that's what I did. Point being could be some new good stuff but could be some new bad news too depending on what's important to you.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
So the wife gave me the ok to sell the Sport so i can upgrade to a Rubicon.

looking at 2021 id likely go for a hydro blue. Was looking at ordering one now but see that the order banks will close next month which i would think they would start taking orders for 2022....

i cant find anything online really stating what changes may be coming. Some sites day a V8 may be coming but from what they say they seem to be talking about the 392? Unless maybe they plan to put the 392 in all trim levels. I dont wantthat due to cost and mpg lol. Id love a basic hemi though, all day long. Is that even a remote possibility?

id also kick myself very hard if i went and ordered a hydro blue rubi and then they bring Gobi back. But then id also be sad panda if i waited and then they dont have gobi and hydro blue is gone for 2022.

oh the humanity!

if i order a 2021 now and while waiting for it to be built, they announce the 2022s and they have something better that id want, would i be able to transfer my deposit to a new order? Or would i likely lose that $1k?

anyone else in this boat with me? Lol
Ive been playing this game for a while, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Gecko JLUR. I was always waiting on something that didn't come and in the mean time I lost out on other things. I'd ask your dealer about the deposit situation, I know my dealer told me they get dinged when a sold order ends up not going to the person that ordered it and can eventually lose the ability to put in sold orders. I for sure think colors will get shaken up for '22, I wasnt confident that Gecko would be around that long and Ive also heard about some rumors of a decent price increase

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I just ordered mine because it seems like they're trending toward these small turbo engines or these weird e torque ones that i just don't want due to extra complexity etc. Would rather have an auto but only way to get regular 3.6 was to do a 6S so that's what I did. Point being could be some new good stuff but could be some new bad news too depending on what's important to you.
I wanted the normal 3.6 too but I didn't want the manual so I went with the non etorque 2.0T

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.
You aren't missing anything. People want the best that they can afford. If that means getting a Rubicon over another model, then that's what they go with.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You aren't missing anything. People want the best that they can afford. If that means getting a Rubicon over another model, then that's what they go with.
I've noticed this too it is weird I read a post once by Jeep sales guy that a lot of the sales guys don't know crap about the different models and push the Rubi as the top dog when probably a Sahara is really a better fit for what a lot of people want. I'm definitely one that values the hardware like D44 and lockers more than the techy or fancy stuff but I realize that's weird these days.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

From what I've gathered, it's two-fold:
1. Future-proof = if you're not "into" off-roading today, but you get a Rubi, you're pretty well setup just in case with minimal spend.
2. Resale value = a Rubi will hold its value moreso than any other model (mainly for the reason above).

I kinda started there but have grown comfortable with a Sahara - it fits my actual needs much better and it's [slightly] cheaper.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Not ALL people want the best they can afford, just most people. I could have bought any Jeep I wanted, even a 392 Rubi, cash. I bought a 6MT Sport, only thing I didn't want was the steel wheels, so I put some Rubi takeoffs on within a month.
Sponsored