Running Stock Alpine sub and Driver side Stealth box

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey all. Newer to the forum and love it. I am going to replace the stock dash and bar speakers with JL Audio C2-600 components run off a JL AUDIO VX700/5i. This amp has the built in DSP and a sub channel that puts out 300w @2ohm. I was thinking of keeping the stock alpine sub enclosure and modifying to run a JL audio 10TWD3 in place of the stock sub. What I want to know is has anyone run a StealthBox on the Driver side and also run the stock Alpine keeping it wired to factory amp? Also, if anyone has modified the stock box to run an aftermarket sub any help would be great. I reached out to a few I saw but no responses.
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hey all. Newer to the forum and love it. I am going to replace the stock dash and bar speakers with JL Audio C2-600 components run off a JL AUDIO VX700/5i. This amp has the built in DSP and a sub channel that puts out 300w @2ohm. I was thinking of keeping the stock alpine sub enclosure and modifying to run a JL audio 10TWD3 in place of the stock sub. What I want to know is has anyone run a StealthBox on the Driver side and also run the stock Alpine keeping it wired to factory amp? Also, if anyone has modified the stock box to run an aftermarket sub any help would be great. I reached out to a few I saw but no responses.
I don't recall seeing anyone retain the Alpine sub and match it with the JL Stealthbox. You'd likely run into cancellation issues given they'll have different frequency response. Even putting the same JL sub into the factory enclosure and pairing with a Stealthbox on the other side would likely cause issues.