Sponsored

Supply & Demand has led to a $100K 392

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Simply removing the PCM makes it 10x more reliable. Most of today's Jeep 0problems are electrical or computer based. Send me a check for $25,000 and I'll build one for you.
i would if it were a real thing, but lets be clear - this is the internet and you're talking out of your ass.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
i would if it were a real thing, but lets be clear - this is the internet and you're talking out of your ass.
I get it. You've never turned a wrench in your life so you have to spend $100,000 to get a Jeep with a V-8. It's OK. Takes all types to make the world go 'round.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. You've never turned a wrench in your life so you have to spend $100,000 to get a Jeep with a V-8. It's OK. Takes all types to make the world go 'round.
seriously? you turning to insults when your shitty argument goes sideways? nice work.

any time you want to back up your original point with say, ANYTHING, let me know

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There are tons of c8s for MSRP.
Where? If only I could get the same discount I got for my JLUR,5% under invoice for a bare bones base model c8, even better if I can get it factory ordered. I'd be very tempted to trade the JLUR in for one

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
There are tons of c8s for MSRP.

Only if you ordered one from the dealer and they were decent enough to give MSRP. Many are listed at MSRP, until you call. Then it is either a sold unit or there is ADM on it. People are getting anywhere from 10K to 25K over MSRP for used ones. I have been on the hunt for months for a Rapid Blue and it is absolutely crazy.

Sam

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Only if you ordered one from the dealer and they were decent enough to give MSRP. Many are listed at MSRP, until you call. Then it is either a sold unit or there is ADM on it. People are getting anywhere from 10K to 25K over MSRP for used ones. I have been on the hunt for months for a Rapid Blue and it is absolutely crazy.

Sam
Have you reached out to McMulkin Chevrolet yet? They are the second largest corvette Dealer in the country if you're not familiar. (Behind only Kerbeck in Atlantic city NJ, and not by much.) Those two dwarf all the other dealers in corvette sales and allocations. And they only ever charge MSRP for new orders.

They won't likely have any available inventory right now, with everything that's going on, but you can order one from them and have it delivered direct from the factory to a local dealer via Courtesy Delivery. (Or you can just pay to have it shipped privately from their dealership if you'd prefer, since even that would be a fraction of the ADM's that most dealerships are charging.)

They are relatively fast too, all things considered. In fact, my cousin just ordered one from them in early spring and they are expecting a mid summer to early fall delivery, despite everyone else suggesting it might take 12 months or more to arrive.

Kerbeck is a valid option too, they just have shittier customer service.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
So I went on Autotrader and filtered for Dealers with the 392 and basically one-clicked all the Dealers to see if they really had it. Hit up at least 40 dealers across the US. I would say I had email exchanges with about 30 of them within the first hour. Almost all of them said what was shown was already sold and they don't have any in stock. Of the ones that did have stock, it wasn't the color/option I wanted, but they were still charging MSRP+$5K.
Then I came across one that was exactly what I wanted (black w/Sky Touch), dealer responded back that it's available, and for a second I was about to put a down payment and buy it. However, they are selling it for $100K. Not a typo, they straight out said it's because they see other dealers charging +$20K MSRP and there is no inventory, so they are selling it for $100K. BTW, this is the owners 392, so it probably has a few more than 10 miles on it.
Way out of my price range but with the supply situation that it is now, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this.
https://www.glendalechryslerjeep.net/all-inventory/index.htm?search=7389

Also, of all the dealers I spoke with, they say their reps say a build will take 90 days, but they all personally believe it's more like 6 months at least.

If more stock doesn't come available, I think they will sell that for $100K, as I started debating it for a second. So if I was willing to consider it, I'm sure more people with more money will go ahead and pull the trigger.
It will likely become the norm, just like for Raptors.

Unless you find one on a lot in some small town, you will get bit.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Have you reached out to McMulkin Chevrolet yet? They are the second largest corvette Dealer in the country if you're not familiar. (Behind only Kerbeck in Atlantic city NJ, and not by much.) Those two dwarf all the other dealers in corvette sales and allocations. And they only ever charge MSRP for new orders.

They won't likely have any available inventory right now, with everything that's going on, but you can order one from them and have it delivered direct from the factory to a local dealer via Courtesy Delivery. (Or you can just pay to have it shipped privately from their dealership if you'd prefer, since even that would be a fraction of the ADM's that most dealerships are charging.)

They are relatively fast too, all things considered. In fact, my cousin just ordered one from them in early spring and they are expecting a mid summer to early fall delivery, despite everyone else suggesting it might take 12 months or more to arrive.

Kerbeck is a valid option too, they just have shittier customer service.

I reached out earlier and they were waaaaay out. So I have just been looking around. Not in a hurry.

Sam

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I reached out earlier and they were waaaaay out. So I have just been looking around. Not in a hurry.

Sam
Gotcha, sorry to hear that. Do you by chance remember how long ago that was? And how far out they were predicting?

You're doing it right though, this is great time to NOT be in a hurry! :like:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
seriously? you turning to insults when your shitty argument goes sideways? nice work.

any time you want to back up your original point with say, ANYTHING, let me know
I'm turning to insults? You're the one who said I was "talking out my ass". I don't know why you little internet bullies get offended when someone doesn't just roll over and take your crap. It's OK for you to disagree with my opinion. It's not OK to start an argument then cry like a little girl when a real man stands up to you. I can guarantee you wouldn't be saying this garbage if we were face to face. Grow up and be civil on these forums or leave.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Spoke to a dealer who said Jeep is only making 1,300 of the 392s. So if that's the case then prices may continue to rise. I mean think about it, there has to be at least 2,000 people in the United States that want AND can afford a 392 right? Well not all of them are going to get one.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Spoke to a dealer who said Jeep is only making 1,300 of the 392s. So if that's the case then prices may continue to rise. I mean think about it, there has to be at least 2,000 people in the United States that want AND can afford a 392 right? Well not all of them are going to get one.
I've been worried about that from the start, I'm glad I was able to get mine for sure, but I still hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not to get overly technical but is it really possible to price gouge a luxury, non-essential 470hp Wrangler? This isn’t a necessity by any means. It sounds more like supply / demand economics to me (as op described in title).
Not sure if you’ve ever ridden in, or better yet owned a real luxury car. Such as a BMW, Mercedes, etc.... there is no comparison.

Jeep Wrangler IS NOT A “luxury car”, it’s about the complete opposite of one in every single way.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Not sure if you’ve ever ridden in, or better yet owned a real luxury car. Such as a BMW, Mercedes, etc.... there is no comparison.

Jeep Wrangler IS NOT A “luxury car”, it’s about the complete opposite of one in every single way.
I sold my 2018 BMW M3 w/competition package to get this 392. It absolutely is a luxury item. And there absolutely is a comparison to be made. Both are insanely fun to drive. And neither of them are needed. They are both excessive from a pure transportation standpoint.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392

Not sure that he meant "luxury" in the context you think he did.

My wife has a BMW X7, I have a BMW X3M Comp. and I placed an order for a 392 Wrangler (to replace my JLUR). All vastly different but I consider all three to be "luxury" items.
Sponsored