Missing Badge of Honor trails

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Discussions in the Facebook group have been pointless as it's all been speculation. All the new trails have disappeared from the app. Our badge requests for those trails and our check-ins have gone with them. Most are speculating it's a system glitch and it will all come back. It seems there's been 0 word from BOH in response to thousands of emails. Jeep hasn't said anything. The least they could do is put out a statement acknowledging that they are working on it, or they chose to get rid of all those trails, or whatever the case may be. Anybody here with an inside line? Maybe @JeepCares?
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I agree its ridiculous that no official response is being offered.

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Besides the new one in Texas (Hidden falls), what others have disappeared?

OP
OP
Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Besides the new one in Texas (Hidden falls), what others have disappeared?
Golden spike in Moab, rocky gap outside Las Vegas, and back way to crown king in AZ, all of which we already ran and requested in late March/ early April. Plus all the other ones they had added this year. If it’s a glitch, hopefully they fix it soon. If they are deleting those trails permanently they owe a lot of people badges. Free program or not, you as a company cannot promise people something if they perform certain tasks and then just decide not to deliver. The complete silence on their part is the most frustrating part. They don’t answer emails. It would take one of their programmers 30 seconds to link a statement to the app giving people the heads up that they are working through some system problem.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Sorry, but I can't help but look at this like someone is rescinding on participation trophies.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was gong ho on getting all the badges, but with them adding them all the time, not so much so now. When I started to chase badges, there were like 48 or 49, then 58 now over 60. It went from something that was cool to fuck they are just common now with all the badges.

Beancooker

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
General Manager
The part I think is stupid about the BOH system, is for example Schnebly Hill is a badge. Broken Arrow is not. You can drive Schnebly Hill in a Subaru. If you can tolerate a shitty road for a couple hours, woo hoo, you made it.
Broken Arrow has a few technical spots, and is a more difficult trail.
I don’t see the honor in driving a shitty, bumpy road you can do in a standard car.

OP
OP
Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The part I think is stupid about the BOH system, is for example Schnebly Hill is a badge. Broken Arrow is not. You can drive Schnebly Hill in a Subaru. If you can tolerate a shitty road for a couple hours, woo hoo, you made it.
I don’t see the honor in driving a shitty, bumpy road you can do in a standard car.
It's Jeep badge of honor, not wrangler badge of honor. They mix in easy trails for the beginner, the stock renegade or compass, and those who want to get out for the scenery more than the challenge. If every badge trails was Rubicon level or harder the program wouldn't be nearly as popular.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I agree, if it is like a bad dirt road that can be navigated by a normal passenger car, it should not be a badge trail. There is no honor is driving on a dirt road.

Peter's Mill Run is a perfect example of that. It is 6 miles long and you could drive it in a mini van. I am not sure how this is an honor to run this trail or honorable in anyway. Mind you I am not saying that every trail needs to be difficult, but if it can be ran in 2wd in a passenger car, it should not be a badge trail.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
It's Jeep badge of honor, not wrangler badge of honor. They mix in easy trails for the beginner, the stock renegade or compass, and those who want to get out for the scenery more than the challenge. If every badge trails was Rubicon level or harder the program wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Well maybe if you drove 2,000 miles to pick up a badge trail and when you get there it is six miles long and can be drove with a normal passenger car, you may not feel like it is an honor to complete said trail.

The Peter's Mill trail is NOT a challenge for renegade or a compass. I understand that the trails are for all Jeeps. So the question begs to be asked. Has anyone seen a stock compass or renegade with badges? How often are the people that own renegades and compass Jeeps traveling all over the US chasing badges. Is this a thing in the renegade or compass owner groups?

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was gong ho on getting all the badges, but with them adding them all the time, not so much so now. When I started to chase badges, there were like 48 or 49, then 58 now over 60. It went from something that was cool to fuck they are just common now with all the badges.
You can easily get all of them. All you need to do is check in at the trailhead (not actually travel the trail). You can easily do this in a Honda Civic for at least most of the trails. If you're really lazy, you can do this all without leaving your couch with an Android or iOS GPS location spoofing utility. They're developer tools used for testing.

Since I'm not interested in collecting these participation trophy badges, I might just earn every badge in a single day and see if Jeep notices. Just for a laugh.

OP
OP
Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You can easily get all of them. All you need to do is check in at the trailhead (not actually travel the trail). You can easily do this in a Honda Civic for at least most of the trails. If you're really lazy, you can do this all without leaving your couch with an Android or iOS GPS location spoofing utility. They're developer tools used for testing.

Since I'm not interested in collecting these participation trophy badges, I might just earn every badge in a single day and see if Jeep notices. Just for a laugh.
Putting the “HO” in honor? Like any other challenge in life, you can find a way to cheat. At that point what is the point though? I wouldn’t put a badge on my Jeep for a trail that Jeep hasn’t run even if I’d run it in another rig. Honor means more to some, and absolutely nothing to others I guess.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Putting the “HO” in honor? Like any other challenge in life, you can find a way to cheat. At that point what is the point though? I wouldn’t put a badge on my Jeep for a trail that Jeep hasn’t run even if I’d run it in another rig. Honor means more to some, and absolutely nothing to others I guess.
I wouldn't put any of them on my Jeep, whether I traveled the trail or not. I journey for myself and specifically don't want to advertise where I've been, people will ruin it. What I'm talking about is a test to see if Badges of Honor are anything more than a meaningless gold star sticker and a source of amusement if I'm bored. There's no honor in Badges of Honor if I can get them all in a single day with nobody raising an eyebrow. If I'm going to continue to mock Badges of Honor, I should have them all (and not on the Jeep) to back up my point.

OP
OP
Zandcwhite

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wouldn't put any of them on my Jeep, whether I traveled the trail or not. I journey for myself and specifically don't want to advertise where I've been, people will ruin it. What I'm talking about is a test to see if Badges of Honor are anything more than a meaningless gold star sticker and a source of amusement if I'm bored. There's no honor in Badges of Honor if I can get them all in a single day with nobody raising an eyebrow.
I could photo shop myself summiting everest, doesn't diminish the actual accomplishment of those who really did. Your ability to cheat the system doesn't make Pritchett canyon, the Rubicon, or John bull less of a feat for those who actually run them. That's the beauty of honor, the only person's honor you can diminish is your own.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could photo shop myself summiting everest, doesn't diminish the actual accomplishment of those who really did. Your ability to cheat the system doesn't make Pritchett canyon, the Rubicon, or John bull less of a feat for those who actually run them. That's the beauty of honor, the only person's honor you can diminish is your own.
Honor is summiting Everest (or Pritchett, or Rubicon, or John Bull) and having no need to brag about it and leaving no trace that you were ever there. You're confusing honor with gloating.
Sponsored