2022 Models - Press Release Dates

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Good luck, Jeep’s don’t just “sit around”. When I was going for 2021 there wasn’t just brand new 2020 models just sitting around any dealerships unless you wanted a pre owned. Jeep’s hold their value regardless because of the demand, but now with the pandemic we’re seeing extreme over inflation because the supply is not keeping up with demand. Prices for new models is going up, confirmed. Also, the used models like my 2021 JLU with 6000 miles went from 35k new to being worth 43k used.
actually, I initially went in to one of my local dealerships to order a '21 willys: ended up getting my '20 rubi for what I would have paid for my willys as the rubi was the last '20 on the lot..with only 7 miles
Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
actually, I initially went in to one of my local dealerships to order a '21 willys: ended up getting my '20 rubi for what I would have paid for my willys as the rubi was the last '20 on the lot..with only 7 miles
Wow you got lucky, congrats. And right before the pandemic is about to effect production? I’m in a massive city so all the dealers here move vehicles in and out daily. Try to do my first oil change at a local dealership with an appointment, it still took three hours. There was 4 vehicles in front of me and 5 waiting after me.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Wow you got lucky, congrats. And right before the pandemic is about to effect production? I’m in a massive city so all the dealers here move vehicles in and out daily. Try to do my first oil change at a local dealership with an appointment, it still took three hours. There was 4 vehicles in front of me and 5 waiting after me.
That’s so weird. I’m in SoCal. I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. No appointment. 1 hour tops. Hope things get better where you’re at.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
That’s so weird. I’m in SoCal. I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. No appointment. 1 hour tops. Hope things get better where you’re at.
Oh yeah it will get much better because I'm relocating to PNW.

I can't wait to get out of the hell hole called the state of California. 😆 I absolutely hate it and I'm in SoCal as well, I was just in OC area last week. Took me 2 hours to drive 50 miles. Complete stop and go traffic on every freeway. I'm only here for work and it ain't for me. Too many people and congestion, and just weird rules and regulations because someone got their feelings hurt or offended at one point so they had to pass new legislation.😆

California is like the special child state, they're so special the rest of the country had to start putting "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." Just incase anyone was wondering.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Oh yeah it will get much better because I'm relocating to PNW.

I can't wait to get out of the hell hole called the state of California. 😆 I absolutely hate it and I'm in SoCal as well, I was just in OC area last week. Took me 2 hours to drive 50 miles. Complete stop and go traffic on every freeway. I'm only here for work and it ain't for me. Too many people and congestion, and just weird rules and regulations because someone got their feelings hurt or offended at one point so they had to pass new legislation.😆

California is like the special child state, they're so special the rest of the country had to start putting "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." Just incase anyone was wondering.
Yeah hate the politics and the direction it’s headed but my business and money is here. The weather is nice and enjoy the snowboarding/camping around as well. Maybe when I retire I’ll get the hell out of here. Was looking at Franklin TN at one point.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
The weather is nice and enjoy the snowboarding/camping around as well.
Oh yeah, the outdoor lifestyle is awesome here. Perfect weather and lots of nice trails and camping spots.

Everyone I've met from TN seemed super chill, seems like a good place. Lots of humble and solid people.

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
They did say all 2022 models of every car they make would come with it but of course it wouldn’t be the first time they missed a goal
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates 6AED477F-639D-4D8F-B43A-38F1DCC7D1E5

Yea, I think 2022 is a very big possibility. The most interesting thing about this article is that very last sentence. We all know the base Sport and Willys Sport have that awful 5 inch screen with no option to upgrade to the 7 or 8.4 inch screen. If, for UConnect 5, the smaller screen will be 7 inch, I wonder how FCA will handle the Sport and Willys Sport. I can’t imagine they will continue to offer up such a ridiculously outdated infotainment system when the direct competition will be offering an 8 inch display on their most basic model.

I wonder if the 7 will become the new base, then you can upgrade to an 8.4 inch or an eventual 12 inch (when we get an interior-oriented mid cycle refresh)

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates 6AED477F-639D-4D8F-B43A-38F1DCC7D1E5

Yea, I think 2022 is a very big possibility. The most interesting thing about this article is that very last sentence. We all know the base Sport and Willys Sport have that awful 5 inch screen with no option to upgrade to the 7 or 8.4 inch screen. If, for UConnect 5, the smaller screen will be 7 inch, I wonder how FCA will handle the Sport and Willys Sport. I can’t imagine they will continue to offer up such a ridiculously outdated infotainment system when the direct competition will be offering an 8 inch display on their most basic model.

I wonder if the 7 will become the new base, then you can upgrade to an 8.4 inch or an eventual 12 inch (when we get an interior-oriented mid cycle refresh)
Make sense. Really looking forward to that build guide being released.

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
As Subaru owner who has followed their trends and promises, I would interpret that to be as late as a 2023 model in calendar year 2022.
As a former Forester owner, I do agree with you. When people in the automotive industry want to be more specific, I noticed that they do normally say “Model Year” rather than just the year.

If it does end up being 2023, I think that is when we will get the mid refresh and possibly a 12 inch screen from the Pacifica and Wagoneer.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
As Subaru owner who has followed their trends and promises, I would interpret that to be as late as a 2023 model in calendar year 2022.
this is what I was going to say, My guess is the end of '22 it will be available to order as a '23

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
this is what I was going to say, My guess is the end of '22 it will be available to order as a '23
Let’s hope not. But I’ll find out in a few weeks. If that’s the case I may just try to find a 2020 or 2021.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Don’t expect any major changes this upcoming model year with all the supplier challenges.
Not expecting but hoping to see uConnect 5. We should know in the next couple weeks that’s what I’m waiting for.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Just to add some information not pertaining to 2022 model order ability. There’s talk of a $2000 increase model wide, and customers are reporting that certain colors are not going through the system while trying to place orders nationwide. Billet silver is being denied right now for customers attempting to place orders. It’s apparent there’s a big vehicle production issue happening currently.
Oh no!
this is my color of choice and I am in the same boat on waiting for the 22s to order. I better start looking for a 2nd color I guess..
Sponsored