Talk me down!!

CBR2200

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Red is a different story. The blue accents don't look great with red IMO. I'd push them to make it right.
Sponsored

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
@ITGuy How sure are you of this? Oh man would that elevate my frustration if this happens again in 5 weeks! And what would the color of the seats matter to them???
Saddle interior comes with grey dash instead of black leather dash with blue stitching, a bit too much blue accent.

Mine is in shipment, Chicago is close enough it should hopefully deliver this week! Dealer assured me Iā€™ll be covered from the increase that went into place same day it shippedā€¦ šŸ¤ž

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Saddle interior comes with grey dash instead of black leather dash with blue stitching, a bit too much blue accent.

Mine is in shipment, Chicago is close enough it should hopefully deliver this week! Dealer assured me Iā€™ll be covered from the increase that went into place same day it shippedā€¦ šŸ¤ž
congrats! Did you get red with saddle also?

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
congrats! Did you get red with saddle also?
Yeah. Ordered 4/6, so not a bad turnaround time if it does deliver some time in the next week!

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I ordered my Rubicon 4xe with black leather because it looks great with the blue stitching. I kind of wanted brown leather but that changes the stitching too. What exterior color did you order?
exactly why I chose black

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

in the 4XE the saddle interior gets the plastic dash instead of the leather? While I like the plastic more, getting less leather would seem like it would also warrant a price decrease. I thought the plastic dash only came with the cloth seats.

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the 4XE the saddle interior gets the plastic dash instead of the leather? While I like the plastic more, getting less leather would seem like it would also warrant a price decrease. I thought the plastic dash only came with the cloth seats.
Took delivery today and it actually had black leather dash with light tan stitching. A very pleasant surprise. Building online only showed with gray plastic!
Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me down!! B373330A-2E74-4070-860D-29B96F0372E5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
New order placed Friday and entered into system 5/10 because of who was available to enter it. I already have my new VIN and am praying for one of those fast turn around stories!

Castle Rock CDJR in Castle Rock, CO really disappointed me on this one... I have found out about more and more half truths I was told the further I get into this, such as I couldnā€™t order just a hard top, I had to order a dual top šŸ˜”... their loss! I think Iā€™m most mad there will now be 3 red 4xeā€™s near me that look like mine!

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Original 4xe arrived yesterday, got notice 15 min before dealership closed and I live 40 minutes away. Because I love to torture myself I will be going in tomorrow to test drive. The one thing this dealer got right was timing... originally told me 8-10 weeks, Friday was 9 weeks (ordered 3/26).

For how excited I am for a vehicle I donā€™t plan to drive home, I canā€™t wait for the one I really want!

TheRealPino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
Make the dealer swap the leather
I don't think a dealership will ever do that. It is way easier to order a new one with the right leather colour and put the "wrong" one on the lot for the next customer.

IMHO, I would ask for a discount since that's not what you ordered. I am confident they will give you some sort of discount in any form (either actual cashback, or free services)

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Revived thread :). Story ended with the dealer I originally ordered from lost my business but sold it for well over what I had agreed to pay to the next guy. In fact, they had a buyer ready to sign before I released it. They offer $500 off the agreed price, but that wasnā€™t enough for messing up a $1700 option.

I released the vehicle the moment I signed on the line for the one I wanted for a couple thousand less than I was going to pay at the original dealership! Just had to travel 750 miles.

Almost 5k miles I loooove the vehicle!
Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me down!! 8CD60A43-D53B-4F32-BC88-8DCA045E1018
Sponsored