Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Good point. I did contact @JeepCares before I took the Jeep in to the dealer, so maybe that's why ...??
I truly believe that @JeepCares played a huge role in getting the steering box replaced. When I would speak to the service writer all he could say is not available. In fact after @JeepCares contacted the dealership he was surprised how fast the new box came in.

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
Had the TSB done a few weeks ago and steering still feels loser than before with about 0.5-1 inch of deadspot. I checked power steering fluid and it was empty so I purchased some Mopar fluid from the dealer and topped it to the cold max line but that didn’t help much. There is no wonder and it tracks straight. I have 35s with 32 psi on 2.5in lift. Below are alignment specs and pics of the box. Any recommendations?

Edit: attaching alignment specs

05B7AD85-1578-4018-B7E9-B3BF44A2733A.jpeg

DA0EE190-4720-4489-A800-BAAA2A6B9BA1.jpeg

C184BC91-7FE4-4942-9744-107478824FBC.jpeg
You have 35 tires and 32 psi, are you using tazer mini if you are, what is the tmps warning light is set too?

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You have 35 tires and 32 psi, are you using tazer mini if you are, what is the tmps warning light is set too?
I am using Tazer mini and my tmps warning is set to 26 I believe.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
when the steering box is replaced does the track bar have to be removed to access the box? I was told on stock vehicles it is not supposed to be removed.

anyone have access to the detailed service procedure?
this is from the pdf on the first page.

1. Replace the steering Gear. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT>Service Library under: 19 - Steering / Gear / Removal and Installation.

Sponsored

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
when the steering box is replaced does the track bar have to be removed to access the box? I was told on stock vehicles it is not supposed to be removed.

1. Replace the steering Gear. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT>Service Library under: 19 - Steering / Gear / Removal and Installation.
I would imagine it will make the gear box install a lot easier if the track bar was unbolted on the driver side... it's a 2 minute job to unbolt it and make it much easier to remove the box and the connecting shaft.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
How long did everyone have to wait for parts to get in? My dealership agreed and said the gearbox needed to be replaced but they were on restriction for ordering the gearbox and were only allowed to order one per week and wouldn’t be able to order mine until this coming work week. Also said it would take until the end of May beginning of June for the parts to come in.
The dealer had my new box the day after I first bought it in.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Is this too much play? Screencast of me driving: https://www.screencast.com/t/fbV10XHaA8Ay
SAME AMOUNT OF PLAY MY ‘21 HAS.
Dealer said TSB doesn’t apply.
Did alignment and showed the before/after specs. (Only one wheel slightly off.)
I firmly believe this is not fixable.
Enjoy your poorly designed steering box Jeep.

FOR THE FOLKS THAT CLAIM THEIRS ARE FIXED, PLEASE POST A VIDEO SIMILAR TO THE ABOVE DRIVING ON A STRAIGHTAWAY.

LucidDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S V6
I also have some play (about 3/4") after the TSB but this seems to be normal and by design. It is not that much as on the video posted earlier but feels a bit sloppy on the highway, no wandering though which is good.
I am considering tightening up the torque screw on the steering box the same way I did with the previous aluminum box but it may increase the steering force and put more pressure on the pump.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

CERTAIN build dates get a new track bar also, mine got one. fyi

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
SAME AMOUNT OF PLAY MY ‘21 HAS.
Dealer said TSB doesn’t apply.
Did alignment and showed the before/after specs. (Only one wheel slightly off.)
I firmly believe this is not fixable.
Enjoy your poorly designed steering box Jeep.

FOR THE FOLKS THAT CLAIM THEIRS ARE FIXED, PLEASE POST A VIDEO SIMILAR TO THE ABOVE DRIVING ON A STRAIGHTAWAY.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I took my 2019 JLR to the dealer (Armed with the bulletin). Made an appointment for last week Friday and they did some road tests and wheel alignment checks (Standard procedure) to log the job.

I picked up the Jeep in the afternoon, the dealer told me that all required paperwork was submitted for the job to get approval and they will let me know once approved and parts arrived.

Now the waiting start but I am a patient guy.

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Whats the easiest way to see if the dealer installed the new steering box? Or should I ask where should I look for the best view of it without having to unbolt anything?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the easiest way to see if the dealer installed the new steering box? Or should I ask where should I look for the best view of it without having to unbolt anything?
Lift up your fender liner on driver side. Should see black box not grey

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Lift up your fender liner on driver side. Should see black box not grey
Ill have to take a look after work, got it done but I do not think they put the cast iron in...
Sponsored