Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Either Teraflex or Rough Country....leaning toward RC at the moment. Teraflex tends to be out of stock on most sites. They both have a shock upgrade package. I'm doing 37's so I'll need a change on the bump stops also.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Can you still use factory shocks and springs with this?
As with any lift over 2" you will need shock extensions
https://www.amazon.com/POISON-PL242...ler+JL+Shock+extensions&qid=1620230488&sr=8-1

or these

https://www.amazon.com/TeraFlex-198...ler+JL+Shock+extensions&qid=1620230546&sr=8-2

That is all that is needed

frankly you can get by with the Teraflex 1.5" Lift that does NOT require shock extensions. and still get 37's on just fine on the 4xe Rubicon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJXCYVT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the 1.5 with 35's ((" tire to fender well)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Releases Mopar 2" Lift Kit For Wrangler 4xe EAG doors top down

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
As with any lift over 2" you will need shock extensions
https://www.amazon.com/POISON-PL242...ler+JL+Shock+extensions&qid=1620230488&sr=8-1

or these

https://www.amazon.com/TeraFlex-198...ler+JL+Shock+extensions&qid=1620230546&sr=8-2

That is all that is needed

frankly you can get by with the Teraflex 1.5" Lift that does NOT require shock extensions. and still get 37's on just fine on the 4xe Rubicon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJXCYVT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the 1.5 with 35's ((" tire to fender well)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Releases Mopar 2" Lift Kit For Wrangler 4xe EAG doors top down
Very nice.

Do you have a pic of you next to it or this parked next to a regular car, just to get an idea of perspective

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Very nice.

Do you have a pic of you next to it or this parked next to a regular car, just to get an idea of perspective

The only other perspective I have is the bottom door seam is 27.75 inches above ground. Even though it says 1.5" the lift is 2" front and 1.5" rear so it is more a 2" than a 1,5". I do not have it here as it is out all week getting a full body 3M PPF (Paint Protection Film) wrap installed otherwise would take that pic. Here is a before and after I should not the added bumper and wince drops the front an additional 1/2" so this kit cam close to leveling me out. Keep in mind the Teraflex lift is stackable so you could easily add a 1/2"-1" to the front if needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Releases Mopar 2" Lift Kit For Wrangler 4xe Before after lift

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Awesomesauce!

Just spoke to Rydell and they have one kit left in stock and they are holding it for me for when my 4xe arrives (hopefully in a couple weeks).

Glad I was able to secure it, otherwise would've went with a spacer lift until more stock arrived, which would've just been a waste of money in the short term.

Also going to have Rydell install it. They said they never installed one before, so mines will be their first 4xe. Which is actually bad news because he had to quote me a higher labor cost as they need to make sure they do it right, but still feel better getting it done at the dealer so I know I'll have no issues with warranty.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesomesauce!

Just spoke to Rydell and they have one kit left in stock and they are holding it for me for when my 4xe arrives (hopefully in a couple weeks).

Glad I was able to secure it, otherwise would've went with a spacer lift until more stock arrived, which would've just been a waste of money in the short term.

Also going to have Rydell install it. They said they never installed one before, so mines will be their first 4xe. Which is actually bad news because he had to quote me a higher labor cost as they need to make sure they do it right, but still feel better getting it done at the dealer so I know I'll have no issues with warranty.
The installation is 100% the same as any other Wrangler JL. There is nothing on the 4xe suspension that installs any different. Really there is no difference than installing a spacer lift you are just putting back on different springs and shocks and adding two front Lower control arms. You should also buy a adjustable front track arm. Funny they say "do it right" there is nothing to adjust just install parts and torque. If I recall the book hours are just under 5 man hours. and with a lift for vehicle and the right tools 3-4 is likely actual time. The hardest part of installing a lift on NEW wrangler is breaking loose the factory bolts especially when on you n\back on the ground ( I am sure many can relate).

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shop wanted to check with Teraflex on whether their spacer kit is ok for the 4Xe. I'm like sure if you want but you are using the stock springs, so why wouldn't it be ok? As long is you get alignment parts (if needed), adjust the bump stop for 37's and have spring relocation/extenders, it should be fine imo.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Shop wanted to check with Teraflex on whether their spacer kit is ok for the 4Xe. I'm like sure if you want but you are using the stock springs, so why wouldn't it be ok? As long is you get alignment parts (if needed), adjust the bump stop for 37's and have spring relocation/extenders, it should be fine imo.
I spoke directly to Teraflex and they are fine with it. In fact they have two 4xe themselves. They did say expect August for a spring and shock lift.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent. I'll pass that on to the shop. I personally couldn't see any reason it wouldn't work.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
Lift kit is about $1,000 more than I'm willing to pay. Plus it sounds like you're going to lose about 5 to 10 mi of battery life switching to bigger tires

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lift kit is about $1,000 more than I'm willing to pay. Plus it sounds like you're going to lose about 5 to 10 mi of battery life switching to bigger tires
Depends on tire choice to some extent but someone stated about 5 miles less. Some of us bought for torque and electric is icing on the cake.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Teraflex won't confirm the spacer lift will work to the shop nor to me, so the shop won't put it on.....

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Teraflex won't confirm the spacer lift will work to the shop nor to me, so the shop won't put it on.....

WOW. I spoke to then the other day about triple stacking front 1/2" spacers (since they do not have a 1.5" front and they told me no problem. I ended up just using their 1.5" lift which is 2" front and 1.5 rear which they also said would not be a problem on a 4xe. Are they saying not to use the spacers at all? I could see them waffling on stacking (however their spacers are designed to stack which their marketing even discusses) but that is odd that they would not authorize their 1-piece spacers to be used.

Install your self save the labor and buy the tools Floor Jack or bottle jack, Jack Stands, Impact wrench, Impact sockets up to 24mm, tourque wrench, All a couple hundred $$$ at Harbor Freight or Amazon.
Sponsored