JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I never said it was ugly. I just said that it definitely feels like the Wrangler was the main reference. And we have acknowledged that Full-Size trucks are kind of the same way. No need to get defensive. If you go back there are a lot of things we like about the Bronco. It's not personal.
Entropy called it ugly. My question to him, is if Ford copied Jeep why is it so called ugly?

Can you imagine if Ford copied the SFA? Haha. Chaos would be here.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Entropy called it ugly. My question to him, is if Ford copied Jeep why is it so called ugly?

Can you imagine if Ford copied the SFA? Haha. Chaos would be here.
Yeah they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally think that the 2-door Bronco looks better than the 2-door Wrangler. Especially the hard top. The proportions are better. I was disappointed they didn't have one at the dealer event.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Ford had a desert running 1/2 ton pickup with a good amount of power and they called it the Raptor, apparently named after the dinosaur. Along comes Ram with their 1/2 ton pickup, and they copied every single thing about the Raptor, but added a bigger engine. they even named it TRX, call it the T-Rex, and have a picture of a t-rex dinosaur eating a raptor. You gotta have blinders on if you believe that Ram didn't copy the Raptor. Ram did to Ford the same as Ford is doing to Jeep. "Hey there's a concept that works!" then they benchmark it make their same product be able to just beat the original in every measurable way. It's not a bad thing, IMO, and has been going on for decades.

Ram already had an off road truck, one that is better off road than the Raptor (IMO). It's called the Power Wagon. But it's a different niche than the Raptor. The Raptor was first to the mass produced desert runner niche, and now Ram has entered that. Arguably Wrangler was the only vehicle in the purpose built offroad SUV niche and now Ford is entering that niche. Bronco is to Wrangler as TRX is to Raptor.
I don’t see that at all. Besides the name part. Does the Camry copy the accord? At some point one needs to see they are different vehicles designed for the same purpose.
When I think of copying I think of the same design cues, meaning they look alike. I think vette has been copying Ferrari for years. Whenever Ferrari changed its design so does GM. No coincidence that from a distance the vette looks like a Ferrari.

Getting back to the TRX I’m shocked it took them this long to get an off road truck to market. How many power wagons does dodge sell? It’s an dh truck with sway dis. I looked at the Rebel not the pw before buying my Tremor.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally think that the 2-door Bronco looks better than the 2-door Wrangler. Especially the hard top. The proportions are better. I was disappointed they didn't have one at the dealer event.
I think they both look great. I’ve always loved the look of the first Gen Broncos. I actually like the dimensions of both 2 drs. I think the 4drs are too long(they only look decent in my eyes with a lift and 37’s).

If I could have gotten everything I wanted on the JL Rubicon at $40-45k I’d be in one today. Dealer wanted $50k+.

The Bronco gives me the look I loved, the added tech, super crawl ability(95:1) and high speed gallops all for less than the Rubicon. Win win!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
See the below quotes. Supposedly it’s ugly because they “copied” the Jeep.
I feel Jeep copied the early Bronco with its squared off hard top for the JK and now the JL. I’m glad they did, it looks better now.

Much more blatant, how? Did TRX copy the Raptor? No. They built an off road truck. Now if Dodge puts the 6.4 Heim in their half ton Rebel with TRX suspension for $60k. Sell like hot cakes!
I dont give a damn who copy who. I dont care what these corporations do as I dont work for them. All I care is that my Jeep looks nice to me, I like it, and the Bronco is fugly. It is so disproportionate it makes drivers look like oompa loompas.

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
If you ask me, it looks like pre-production Broncos copy design primarily from the International Scout. Despite 40 years difference the vehicles have identical body lines.

I have always been a fan of IH Scouts.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
How many power wagons does dodge sell?
Dodge hasn't sold pickups for something like 13 years now. Ram is the brand that sells pickups. But truly Power Wagon numbers for recent years are proving to be tough to come by. Seems that producers don't share the heavy duty pickup sales information like they do everything else. I found a Ram source showing that the Power Wagon is 5% of all 2500 series produced, but I can't find how many 2500s were produced. But I will see it is not uncommon for me to see a Power Wagon in the wild, so I believe they sell well for being such a niche vehicle.

I looked at the Rebel not the pw before buying my Tremor.
I'm assuming you mean the F-150 tremor based on cross shopping it with a rebel. Sounds to me like you wanted an off road style package rather than an off road pickup. The tremors do look good, but to me they'll always be the JV version of the Raptor.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Dodge hasn't sold pickups for something like 13 years now. Ram is the brand that sells pickups. But truly Power Wagon numbers for recent years are proving to be tough to come by. Seems that producers don't share the heavy duty pickup sales information like they do everything else. I found a Ram source showing that the Power Wagon is 5% of all 2500 series produced, but I can't find how many 2500s were produced. But I will see it is not uncommon for me to see a Power Wagon in the wild, so I believe they sell well for being such a niche vehicle.

I'm assuming you mean the F-150 tremor based on cross shopping it with a rebel. Sounds to me like you wanted an off road style package rather than an off road pickup. The tremors do look good, but to me they'll always be the JV version of the Raptor.
Dodge Ram, Ram Ram same thing. Dodge builds the Ram.

250 Tremor. Paid $1k more than the 2dr Rubicon Msrp I was trying to buy. I wanted off road capable and still a capable truck. Plus the 7.3 is not available in the Raptor.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 4C769F53-DEBA-4511-9CE1-C75E338FCE68
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 216E2F09-EDEF-4916-A7CF-32288E71A156
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco E5DBB516-01BF-4D5B-B521-4A31B742CBA5

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dodge Ram, Ram Ram same thing. Dodge builds the Ram.

250 Tremor. Paid $1k more than the 2dr Rubicon Msrp I was trying to buy. I wanted off road capable and still a capable truck. Plus the 7.3 is not available in the Raptor.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco E5DBB516-01BF-4D5B-B521-4A31B742CBA5
We get it richtor. you wanted a pickup truck and not a jeep. Apples to oranges. The fact that truck was only 1k more than a 2D rubicon is meaningless. A Rubicon is a completely different animal. Theyre not even remotely similar vehicles. I feel you are here because you dont understand why we buy jeeps. Id buy a 2 door Rubicon over that tremor anytime, even if the price difference is only 1k. Why? because I want a Jeep, not a pickup truck.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
We get it richtor. you wanted a pickup truck and not a jeep. Apples to oranges. The fact that truck was only 1k more than a 2D rubicon is meaningless. A Rubicon is a completely different animal. Theyre not even remotely similar vehicles. I feel you are here because you dont understand why we buy jeeps. Id buy a 2 door Rubicon over that tremor anytime, even if the price difference is only 1k. Why? because I want a Jeep, not a pickup truck.
Haha. You are funny. If I’m spending close to $60k I’m not buying a vehicle that can only do one thing as my only vehicle.
Where is your Rubicon?
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco EA5F028F-70C8-417C-88A7-B121DB4BFE70

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Haha. You are funny. If I’m spending close to $60k I’m not buying a vehicle that can only do one thing as my only vehicle.
Where is your Rubicon?
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco EA5F028F-70C8-417C-88A7-B121DB4BFE70
Yeah good for you. I have no idea what that picture of that JK park on a driveway is supposed to mean. And what do you mean where is my Rubicon? I never said I owned a Rubicon. I dont have one, I went the route of modifying my own Jeep and buying a brand new offroad camper. I paid cash for both since I had my own plans. I dont want or need a pickup truck. But if hypothetically somebody offered me a tremor or a rubicon, ill pick a rubicon. JL though, not an old JK.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah good for you. I have no idea what that picture of that JK park on a driveway is supposed to mean. And what do you mean where is my Rubicon? I never said I owned a Rubicon. I dont have one, I went the route of modifying my own Jeep and buying a brand new offroad camper. I paid cash for both since I had my own plans. I dont want or need a pickup truck. But if hypothetically somebody offered me a tremor or a rubicon, ill pick a rubicon. JL though, not an old JK.
As opposed to JL on 33 at. Your doors and roof need to be off when wheelin. Closer to nature......

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
As opposed to JL on 33 at. Your doors and roof need to be off when wheelin. Closer to nature......
Yeah I mean you are right. It is not just the tire size. It is the plethora of improvements of the JL over the JK. Increased ground clearance, better crawl ratio, better axles, better transmission, tuned engine, improved articulation, etc... etc...

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah I mean you are right. It is not just the tire size. It is the plethora of improvements of the JL over the JK. Increased ground clearance, better crawl ratio, better axles, better transmission, tuned engine, improved articulation, etc... etc...
So you could purchase a JL in 2012? Hmmm interesting

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So you could purchase a JL in 2012? Hmmm interesting
I didnt know we were talking about 2012. Thats why I was so confused about the JK picture. I thought we were talking about JLs since this is the JL forum
Sponsored