Sponsored

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BMW X4M Comp, 21 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Done working!
My VIN (735xxx) appears to be one of the 80. I went from D back to BX like so many others- but it now seems to be progressing. I am D1 with a date of 5/14 to leave Factory. My dealer confirms that my order was within their allocation as well. Fingers crossed!! Boxs
Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Please call your dealer and get a copy of PO. we'd like todays status code. please remember, over 80 vins were mistakenly issued, we are tracking those to see if any get cancelled.
Status as of this morning is still BX. I‘m still waiting to hear if mine was included in dealer allocation.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Status as of this morning is still BX. I‘m still waiting to hear if mine was included in dealer allocation.
My latest Jeep Chat reveals the same:
" I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. "

Dealer confirms I'm still in BX limbo waiting my turn.

Last edited:

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
My latest Jeep Chat reveals the same:
" I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. "
Plot twist ... a little while ago, my dealer tells me via email that the Jeep Rep told him my order would not be built. So, I went back onto Jeep Chat and explained the situation and their response just now was ”... your order has been accepted into the ordering system, it will eventually be built...”

my order is still in the system showing BX.

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
that must be the standard, canned answer because I was told that yesterday... after my dealer said it probably wasn’t coming and did I just wanna buy a 3.6? Ummm, no, not yet. 😉
What kind of question is that.... If you wanted to buy a 3.6 i assume you would have. Nothing like settling when your waiting on this one obv for the HP. He was trying to make a sale. Good answer to his question.

Sponsored

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Checked with Jeep Chat today and got an ominous reply different from all others. "There are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership."

I called my dealer and he has no clue but is checking with his rep. My dealer did say that he cancelled 3 other Wrangler orders around 4/12 when I went from D to BX in the hope of ensuring there was not an issue with allocations for my 392. This is getting nuts since the factory is still pumping out hundreds of Wranglers each day---with little to none of them being 392's. VIN=735xxx

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Checked with Jeep Chat today and got an ominous reply different from all others. "There are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership."

I called my dealer and he has no clue but is checking with his rep. My dealer did say that he cancelled 3 other Wrangler orders around 4/12 when I went from D to BX in the hope of ensuring there was not an issue with allocations for my 392. This is getting nuts since the factory is still pumping out hundreds of Wranglers each day---with little to none of them being 392's. VIN=735xxx
from a couple workers on the line: we are building a 1000 a day, 45 or so 392's...so....

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Add mine to the list. 735180 It went from D to BX and Back to D1 Showing estimated ship date of 5/17
Hydro blue, power top, dual doors Ordered 11/19
I wonder what caused a delay in some of the early orders?! Mine, which I ordered on 4/6/2021, is 736077 (close to your VIN). I've seen the orders from Novemeber in the 68xxxx or 69xxxx numbers. No build sheet yet on mine.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Add mine to the list. 735180 It went from D to BX and Back to D1 Showing estimated ship date of 5/17
Hydro blue, power top, dual doors Ordered 11/19
did your dealer say they had an allocation when you ordered? I added to list, its same as my build my vin is 735212

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder what caused a delay in some of the early orders?! Mine, which I ordered on 4/6/2021, is 736077 (close to your VIN). I've seen the orders from Novemeber in the 68xxxx or 69xxxx numbers. No build sheet yet on mine.
blue with dual doors was always said to be a late build

Grant Sunday

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Rubicon 19 Rubicon 20 Gladiator Rubicon
did your dealer say they had an allocation when you ordered? I added to list, its same as my build my vin is 735212
MY dealer had to use his allocation for my order. That is what took so long. I was probably the first 392 order. I ordered at 7:15 am the opening day.

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
Latest update for for mine, 736065... I contacted Jeep Chat again today

Tuesday, 4/27: “showing we are gathering parts for the order”
Thursday, 4/29: “Passed edit available to schedule. Pending availability of production capacity.”
Today, Monday, 5/3: “In preproduction” and “it is not known when it will be built. we recommend you check back in 2 to 3 weeks.”

I then asked ‘All things being equal, available parts etc, if a vehicle gets a VIN, is it typically built?’

Jeep Chat’s response was “Yes. All vehicles with VINs get built.”

I take that with a grain of salt, but in the 3x I‘ve spoken with Jeep Chat and asked that question, it’s the first time it has been answered directly.
I was in D - got my VIN. - went to BX - passed edit. Back to D - gathering parts D1 - plant sequencing waiting to be scheduled.... checked today as well and they gave me the same “preproduction check back in 2-3 weeks” ?????

cook03tj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'42 GPW; '21 Rubicon 392 (Sold: '85 XJ; '03 TJ)
New here. Ordered a 392 on 4-11-21. Checked with the dealer today and they have me in the BX status. From what I can see above just because you have a BX status does not mean you are guaranteed a build, is that correct? The dealer says this will be built and sent me this picture:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list jeep build
Sponsored