First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
Anyone know why FCA went with 20” wheels on the Sahara 4xe? If we placed our 18”‘a with 270/75/18 Wildpeaks is it going to change the drive and impact electric mileage?
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Just a guess but the Sahara has traditionally been more of the street version of the wrangler, so 20's would be about the appropriate size. They have tires which have less rolling resistance than the wildpeaks, so you may see a small decline in electric range. I wouldn't think it would be anything too significant though.

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I just swapped in 17" Rubicon wheels with 33" BF Goodrich tires. Only a 3/4" change but mileage is now about 1mph slow. I will ask the service dept to reprogram when I bring it in for my next oil change. Looks so much better and can't wait to take it off road.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
20s have a lower rolling resistance, so yes, your 18s will decrease your range.

Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I just swapped in 17" Rubicon wheels with 33" BF Goodrich tires. Only a 3/4" change but mileage is now about 1mph slow. I will ask the service dept to reprogram when I bring it in for my next oil change. Looks so much better and can't wait to take it off road.
Stupid question...does the dealer charge you to recalibrate the speedometer for different sized wheels/tires?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

does the dealer charge you to recalibrate the speedometer for different sized wheels/tires?
Depends on the dealer. Some will do it for you as a courtesy, others have to get their money.

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Stupid question...does the dealer charge you to recalibrate the speedometer for different sized wheels/tires?
Charging me $120 which seems like a lot but hopefully they can fix the TPMS too (should have automatically switched over to the OEM Rubi's but did not)
Sponsored