Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I just did the quote for vroom, Same price as carvanna, maybe a little more. 5k less than the 3 dealers. The main reason, is When my jeep was in for recall work, the dealer took it for a test drive and was rear-ended. So the automatic quotes from carvanna / vroom reduce the value by 3-4k just for the fact that it was in an accident. Even though it's a small fender bender to the steel bumper.
Makes sense. Local trade-in usually is preferred by me too for tax savings. Good luck!
Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I just confirmed that the new base MSRP of a Sahara 4xe is $49,805 (compared to the old $47,995). Have it right here on my sold-order build from Saturday that was entered yesterday. Totally Bogus. If I would have known, I would have MADE SURE I went in on Friday instead of Saturday (and the ordering system was down on Saturday).

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Also, the invoice pricing went up even more in percentage wise - old was $47,995 and $45,671, new is $49,805 and $47,951. So base MSRP went up $1810, but invoice went up $2280 - drastically effecting Tread Lightly and Affiliate...Ugh.

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I just confirmed that the new base MSRP of a Sahara 4xe is $49,805 (compared to the old $47,995). Have it right here on my sold-order build from Saturday that was entered yesterday. Totally Bogus. If I would have known, I would have MADE SURE I went in on Friday instead of Saturday (and the ordering system was down on Saturday).
Same here....don't think anyone saw this coming....wondering if the dealers can backdate the order:):)

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Yes, this price increase really sucks, especially for people right on the bubble or ordering or had issues with their dealer or an order and it went in barely late.

As a buyer the only thing you can do is aggressively price your trade-in. Trade in values are record high, I have been buying and selling cars for over 30 years and never seen anything like I have now. Push hard for top dollar. Dealers are paying way over at auction just to have inventory, don't let them undervalue your trade!

The other thing you can do is get the lowest price possible on the buying end. If that means buying out of state, at least look into it. No CT dealer could touch the Mass dealers pricing so I am driving the 2 extra hours to save over $2K.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Yeah, that’s pretty crappy. They could have told you that on Friday instead of dropping that bomb on you yesterday.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Yes, this price increase really sucks, especially for people right on the bubble or ordering or had issues with their dealer or an order and it went in barely late.

As a buyer the only thing you can do is aggressively price your trade-in. Trade in values are record high, I have been buying and selling cars for over 30 years and never seen anything like I have now. Push hard for top dollar. Dealers are paying way over at auction just to have inventory, don't let them undervalue your trade!

The other thing you can do is get the lowest price possible on the buying end. If that means buying out of state, at least look into it. No CT dealer could touch the Mass dealers pricing so I am driving the 2 extra hours to save over $2K.

Yeah I had talked to someone just out of state in Nevada Saturday. She was pricing it Monday morning and got hit with the 1810 price. I did not realize the invoice price went up higher than that..... She said she will talk to the GM, but I am guessing nothing can be done.

Unfortunately my car had been rear ended a few years back. Even though fixed completely, it brings the value down....

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Yeah, that’s pretty crappy. They could have told you that on Friday instead of dropping that bomb on you yesterday.
They didn't know. We built the sheet on Saturday and it built under the old pricing, I have a copy. But the system was down to submit, so they submitted it yesterday and it came back with the new pricing. They didn't even know it until I pointed it out.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
Yea, I got the same information. 8am Monday the price was the same. Noon is when the dealership learned of the price increase.

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I remember reading in the early days of this forum from someone who claimed to have some insider knowledge. They claimed that the price of the 4xe was "Introductory" and would rise within the year. Can't find the thread now but it definitely made me just go ahead and make my order. Guess they were right after all...

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Has the website online "build and price" tool updated the new prices yet? We are considering Jeep for my wife now that I got mine. She wants one a little more well appointed then mine.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
They didn't know. We built the sheet on Saturday and it built under the old pricing, I have a copy. But the system was down to submit, so they submitted it yesterday and it came back with the new pricing. They didn't even know it until I pointed it out.
Wow! So the dealerships got hit with the same kaboom as the customers. I ordered on 04/14 and have a VIN so I “think” I’m safe, but we’ll see.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Same thing here. Dealer went to submit on Friday and the system was showing a build price of $79K ie it was totally messed up as they had a system problem. So when the system was back up and they got in on Monday - bam - extra $2K.

In the mean time I hit the button on selling my jeep on vroom on Sat - can't complain with the price I got but not sure i'll continue to move forward now.

Pretty shitty situation - takes any advantage over the gas model away. I might wait until MY22 opens up to see if they have any improvements, or see how the Bronco plays out and check that out.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Unless Jeep treats this price increase differently then in the past, POC order prices are NOT locked in until the Maroney Window sticker is create after Jeep manufacturers it. In general, ordering a few days ago wasn't going to beat the price increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Unless Jeep treats this price increase differently then in the past, PCO order prices are NOT locked in until the Maroney Window sticker is create after Jeep manufacturers it. In general, ordering a few days ago wasn't going to beat the price increase.
I be very unhappy if that it true!!! Bought on Friday and have the sheet with the VON and the price.
Sponsored