Delays in production- wranglers

JeepBear

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Ordered 2/16, a week ago got an email from the dealer saying it was “scheduled to ship” the 29th(today), got an email today from the dealer that they moved the release date to May 5th. Still no VIN or VON.
Sponsored

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
Ordered 2/16, a week ago got an email from the dealer saying it was “scheduled to ship” the 29th(today), got an email today from the dealer that they moved the release date to May 5th. Still no VIN or VON.
Hard to believe release date is that close with no VON or VIN. But what do I know? lol

JeepBear

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Hard to believe release date is that close with no VON or VIN. But what do I know? lol
My thinking exactly! How's he know that vehicle has a release date with no VIN or VON? I actually have a theory about my dealer or his sales manager forgetting to put my order in. I originally ordered Nacho but got a text a week later from the dealer that it was no longer available. I immediately texted back that Sarge Green would be my second choice. I waited till 3/31 and sent an email asking if it had a VIN yet and he responded no, not yet. On 4/2 he emailed and Said it now had a VIN but didn't include it so I emailed back and asked for it and he said they don't give him that info. I think when I told him my second color choice he forgot to tell the sales manager or the sales manager forgot to put it in and it didn't get ordered till 3/31.

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
My thinking exactly! How's he know that vehicle has a release date with no VIN or VON? I actually have a theory about my dealer or his sales manager forgetting to put my order in. I originally ordered Nacho but got a text a week later from the dealer that it was no longer available. I immediately texted back that Sarge Green would be my second choice. I waited till 3/31 and sent an email asking if it had a VIN yet and he responded no, not yet. On 4/2 he emailed and Said it now had a VIN but didn't include it so I emailed back and asked for it and he said they don't give him that info. I think when I told him my second color choice he forgot to tell the sales manager or the sales manager forgot to put it in and it didn't get ordered till 3/31.
I hope that is not the story. I would be beyond pissed.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Hi
From London, Ontario.
Ordered my High Altitude 2.0L Turbo with Full-Time 4WD (Selec-Trac and Trac-Loc), Sky One-Touch, Advanced Safety Group, Off Road Camera plus standard features (Safety Group, Cold Weather group, remote start, etc)
Was told by dealer 6-8 weeks.
Order went in Jan 25th
BX a few weeks later with VON (no VIN)
Stuck in BX until last week where it went back to BG for a week or so.
Now back to BX.
14 Weeks and counting with no movement.
Beyond frustrated but at least dealer has been communicative with weekly updates.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Hi
From London, Ontario.
Ordered my High Altitude 2.0L Turbo with Full-Time 4WD (Selec-Trac and Trac-Loc), Sky One-Touch, Advanced Safety Group, Off Road Camera plus standard features (Safety Group, Cold Weather group, remote start, etc)
Was told by dealer 6-8 weeks.
Order went in Jan 25th
BX a few weeks later with VON (no VON)
Stuck in BX until last week where it went back to BG for a week or so.
Now back to BX.
14 Weeks and counting with no movement.
Beyind frustrated but at least dealer has been communicative with weekly updates.
Yeah, they should NOT have told you 6-8 weeks.... but I'd be surprised if you didn't go to D fairly soon at this point.

AllBusiness

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude
Ordered a High Altitude Feb. 10. Updated on March 6 with VIN. Spoke to Dealer yesterday and he says scheduled build date is May 21. Here's hoping!!

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Ordered a High Altitude Feb. 10. Updated on March 6 with VIN. Spoke to Dealer yesterday and he says scheduled build date is May 21. Here's hoping!!
HI, Just wondering what extra features you may have ordered on this?
MIne was ordered Jan 25th and still no VIN.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
You ordered in February and don’t have a VIN? I ordered 2 weeks ago and had a VIN within 3 days

Trodd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I ordered in October 2020 and only have a VIN. The ship date was April 21 but that's come and gone. So frustrating

Sponsored

AllBusiness

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude
HI, Just wondering what extra features you may have ordered on this?
MIne was ordered Jan 25th and still no VIN.
I ordered everything except offroad camera and one touch sky roof. I did order steel grey interior instead of black interior with 3.6L.
Sponsored