Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Good morning. Survived watching my neighborhood in the red zone and hearing the weather alerts and weathermen talking about how a tornado should be starting right where I live. Rain was over 2.5" per hour and flooding today. Meanwhile, the Jeep is back in the shop getting tires looked at. Figures, 2 miles before the dealership and the TPMS started working again. Ugh!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1620127825312

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
what’s funny, well maybe not, at the VA here it went from appointment to come on in none needed. I had an appointment for my first shot but for the second it was come in anytime at the 4 week mark.
My second shot was still scheduled. I'm glad I didn't have to fight for a slot for the second one, lol.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, my wife has these problems too. Since she's not mixed black and white 50% she gets all of the questions about "What ethnicity?!?" 75% Filipino and 25% Black, but since her mom looks more Mestizo than Asian, people just walk up and start speaking Spanish like she's Caribbean.

On Sunday someone even handed her a Spanish Language Chick Tract... :headbang:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
May the Fourth be with you!

Also I am pretty convinced that Disney needs to go with this style of animation for the next series... 80s/90s Era Anime is pretty much my favorite animation style.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, after ten years, I've decided I've had enough of the bull shit, and quit the safety committee at work. No one in the district had anywhere near as much time on the committee as I did. Second up was two years in the Facility Chair position. Four years total on the committee. I've been in the Facility Chair position for ten, and the committee as a whole for ten and a half.
Are you still looking for a different job entirely?

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Are you still looking for a different job entirely?
Yes. This was just to get away from some of the stress while I'm still there.
I'm tired of my full-timer havin to have a dick swingin contest everytime anything needs to be done. So, I let him win.
It just so happens to fuck his reputation up even more, and set the committee, and the retention committee back in the process. I don't want to hinder them, but I don't have a way of passing my abilities off to another person. I had my hands in the core goings on of both committees, Health and Safety at large, maintenance, and our yearly audits. I'm one of only two people that know how to setup/run 90% of the activities of both committees, and I made up roughly 60% of thee safety committees hours in our wing. We barely scraped by with our minimum required each month. I also dealt directly with supes, admins, and other committees in other wings/buildings to negotiate trades, and equipment acquisitions.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Yep, my wife has these problems too. Since she's not mixed black and white 50% she gets all of the questions about "What ethnicity?!?" 75% Filipino and 25% Black, but since her mom looks more Mestizo than Asian, people just walk up and start speaking Spanish like she's Caribbean.

On Sunday someone even handed her a Spanish Language Chick Tract... :headbang:
Three of my four kids are biracial (adopted), one black and latinx, two black and white. Our bio kid is a pale redhead. Wife and I are both obvious anglo, but bilingual. When we all went out together, we got weird looks. I had to get fairly harsh with the rural Iowa school district we live in (not where I taught) before the admins got that racial slurs arent "just part of growing up".

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. This was just to get away from some of the stress while I'm still there.
I'm tired of my full-timer havin to have a dick swingin contest everytime anything needs to be done. So, I let him win.
It just so happens to fuck his reputation up even more, and set the committee, and the retention committee back in the process. I don't want to hinder them, but I don't have a way of passing my abilities off to another person. I had my hands in the core goings on of both committees, Health and Safety at large, maintenance, and our yearly audits. I'm one of only two people that know how to setup/run 90% of the activities of both committees, and I made up roughly 60% of thee safety committees hours in our wing. We barely scraped by with our minimum required each month. I also dealt directly with supes, admins, and other committees in other wings/buildings to negotiate trades, and equipment acquisitions.
Well I'm going to wish you luck on the Job search and I hope you find something less stressful!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Three of my four kids are biracial (adopted), one black and latinx, two black and white. Our bio kid is a pale redhead. Wife and I are both obvious anglo, but bilingual. When we all went out together, we got weird looks. I had to get fairly harsh with the rural Iowa school district we live in (not where I taught) before the admins got that racial slurs arent "just part of growing up".
If you didn't throw punches then you are far more patient than I would have been in that situation.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If you didn't throw punches then you are far more patient than I would have been in that situation.
Yeah, well.... After the war, plus seven summers doing human rights work in Central America, plus teaching high school for thirty some years...my control of apprpriate responses is pretty tight. I just invited them to consider how they were going to look on NBC Nightly News when the crews showed up to film the state civil rights commision hearings and the ACLU court cases. Also how their budget would look after the settlements.