Sponsored

Did I mess up?

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
Hello!
I placed an order for a Sport S with the packages I wanted. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not going for the 4xe with the tax credit available. Wouldn't that make the 4xe around the same price as the sport s? Sorry if I'm not understanding that correctly.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hello!
I placed an order for a Sport S with the packages I wanted. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not going for the 4xe with the tax credit available. Wouldn't that make the 4xe around the same price as the sport s? Sorry if I'm not understanding that correctly.
4xe will still cost more than your Sport S because Sahara is the base trim.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hard for anyone to tell without knowing how you plan to use your Jeep.

Plug-in hybrids make sense if you drive mostly in the city and do short trips every day ā€”under 10 miles each way.

TFL reviewed the Rubicon 4xe: in their view, for off-road use it doesnā€™t make a lot of sense. The battery was dead the entire time they were on the trail; lugging around an extra 500 lbs in dead batteries made itself felt trying to go over obstacles.

4xe doesnā€™t offer fast charging. It takes 2.5 hours to recharge the batteries that can get you 20 miles. That is not a practical solution for the trail.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's frowned upon, but mostly for commuting/driving around...rarely off roading.
In that case yes, you messed up! šŸ˜«

Dealers usually donā€™t mind changing orders. As long as you donā€™t do it too many times. They can sell that Sport S to another customer in a split second.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You may want watch this before you change your order.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Hard for anyone to tell without knowing how you plan to use your Jeep.

Plug-in hybrids make sense if you drive mostly in the city and do short trips every day ā€”under 10 miles each way.

TFL reviewed the Rubicon 4xe: in their view, for off-road use it doesnā€™t make a lot of sense. The battery was dead the entire time they were on the trail; lugging around an extra 500 lbs in dead batteries made itself felt trying to go over obstacles.

4xe doesnā€™t offer fast charging. It takes 2.5 hours to recharge the batteries that can get you 20 miles. That is not a practical solution for the trail.
I don't agree, the 4Xe offers great economy when you can't be on the trail but when you are it also offers extra horsepower and torque on demand. the tax credits make it a good value for the extra performance in either case. Just picked mine up, 100 road miles, 75 off-road level 4 thru creeks, ruts and rocks. the extra kick was nice. yes the battery showed depleted many times but the extra power was still always available when needed. off road in 4wd low it still gave me almost 18 mpg too

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I promise you right now, itā€™s going to be a long road waiting to get your Jeep. I changed colors like 3 times, and went from soft top to hardtop weeks after ordering. I had to stop myself from overthinking everything. My only regret now is not buying my first Wrangler sooner. I love mine, best vehicle Iā€™ve owned.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't agree, the 4Xe offers great economy when you can't be on the trail but when you are it also offers extra horsepower and torque on demand. the tax credits make it a good value for the extra performance in either case. Just picked mine up, 100 road miles, 75 off-road level 4 thru creeks, ruts and rocks. the extra kick was nice. yes the battery showed depleted many times but the extra power was still always available when needed. off road in 4wd low it still gave me almost 18 mpg too
Iā€™m going by what TFL found reviewing a Rubicon 4xe on the trail: in their view, 4xe added nothing to off-roading. Well, besides 500 lbs of dead weight in dried up batteries... šŸ˜«

You may get a benefit driving around town.

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
You may get a benefit driving around town.
With only 20 something miles of range, is there really any benefit even in the city? It really only benefits someone who drives just a few miles a week, and I can't see a jeep appealing to grandmas who just use their car to drive to the grocery store.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
With only 20 something miles of range, is there really any benefit even in the city? It really only benefits someone who drives just a few miles a week, and I can't see a jeep appealing to grandmas who just use their car to drive to the grocery store.
My daily driving is under 10 miles, with once-a-month drives to the trails. So a 4xe would benefit someone like me in my daily driving.

But I am not paying a boatload of money upfront to save $100 a month in gas.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I really considered it for a Daily Driver. It's just about 23 miles to work and they have a charging station. Then I would be ready for the way home.

For me it was a decision around letting them work out the bugs for a while along with maybe the price might come down in a few years (relatively speaking)
Sponsored