Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
My order (placed 4/6) is in transit right now. Salesperson hasn't said anything to me. I am not going to bring it up unless they do.

It doesn't seem fair to raise the base price on a sold order for either the dealer or the customer. I would be very skeptical if I was told I had to pay $X more due to a mfg price increase. Rebates no longer applying; sure... that makes sense.

Shady dealers could see it as a chance to increase their GP because I doubt FCA would increase the price to a dealer on orders already placed. Not too ethical for an invoice price to change after an order.

Just my thoughts, I have no clue how any of this works.
That was quick on the order. Ordered mine on 04/14 and still patiently twiddling my thumbs. I haven’t heard anything from my dealership either so I am going to assume no news is good news.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
That was quick on the order. Ordered mine on 04/14 and still patiently twiddling my thumbs. I haven’t heard anything from my dealership either so I am going to assume no news is good news.
Do you have our order number or VIN? You can check with Jeep Chat on the status if you have either of those. I just checked today. Mine was ordered on 4/16 and is built. It is in the shipping phase now with no ETA, but I will work with my dealer on that.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it's really gonna come down to supply and demand. I may have a 4xe ready for me but my price is under invoice. If they find a buyer that wants to buy my 4xe and is willing to pay at or more than MSRP, then my dealer may try to pull this on me.
Ford dealer did exactly this to me on a Focus RS order I had for MSRP. They tried to add a $15K markup and I had a lawyer look at the contract and his advice was I would lose in court and it could cost me a lot. So I tried to negotiate and then walked. 1 year later I paid $7K under MSRP for a new Focus RS.

jeepDiRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe, 2 time JKUR and 2 time TJ owner
Wow, this would likely add 55ish a month to any lease deal doing 36 months. That sucks.
Not really true. On a lease you only pay for the depreciation. Say the 4xe has a 60% residual value, then you pay basically 40% of the $2000 increase, or $800. Over 36 months that's about $22-$23, and maybe $25 - $27 or so once you add in tax and interest.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have our order number or VIN? You can check with Jeep Chat on the status if you have either of those. I just checked today. Mine was ordered on 4/16 and is built. It is in the shipping phase now with no ETA, but I will work with my dealer on that.
They’re gathering parts right now and it will be built shortly. Maybe it’s the way I configured the vehicle.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re gathering parts right now and it will be built shortly. Maybe it’s the way I configured the vehicle.
Could be. Mine was pretty simple, 4xe Rubicon, cold weather group, safety group, proximity key, premium soft top, Firecracker Red

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Ford dealer did exactly this to me on a Focus RS order I had for MSRP. They tried to add a $15K markup and I had a lawyer look at the contract and his advice was I would lose in court and it could cost me a lot. So I tried to negotiate and then walked. 1 year later I paid $7K under MSRP for a new Focus RS.
Yeah that's crazy

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Not sure about the Sahara, but for the Rubicon at least, this suddenly means it is no longer cheaper than the 2.0T when factoring in the $7500 credit. Interesting to see what that does to demand. There are many other reasons to consider the 4xe, but that was the one that made it a “no brainer” for me.

Edit: I forgot to factor in the standard options. It seems like it’s working out to be almost exactly $7500 more than a similarly equipped 2.0T. Must be a coincidence…

Last edited:

AtomicDutchOven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 4XE
Not sure I agree with that, but it def does appear to allow them to pass any price increases from the manufacturer onto the customer, or allow you to cancel if you don’t want to eat the difference.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My dealer told me a week ago that my order placed on 4/2 would be shipped on 5/2. Jeep chat told me it was en route well before 5/2. I checked again with Jeep chat a few minutes ago, and they said the Jeep is already at the dealer. I just texted salesperson, and he confirmed it is there, and will call me shortly.

I’ll let y’all know what the dealer says about the applicability of a price increase.

EDIT: Dealer just called. Assured me that I would NOT be hit with a price increase. He claimed that since my order was in before the price increase, that my price was protected. Hopefully he sticks with that story when it comes time for us to do the paperwork! Will keep you all posted!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Today, Neil @ Demontrond reaffirmed the price we discussed last week when I placed my order.

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you have a window sticker then you're definitly safe, I'm also pretty sure if the vehicle is VIN'd then you're in the finance pipeline and should be safe.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
So, out of curiosity......
What were the base MSRP prices before? Sahara and Rubicon.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something is definitely up. I just went to nada.com and the price with option configurator is grayed out for the 4xe models.

I wonder if that price increase is actually for a 2021 or is Jeep shifting production to the 2022 model and the increase is for that model year.
Sponsored