What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Heh. I like it for different reasons. Easy access and I can hand fill the new one mostly before screwing it back on. Minimal time with loss of oil pressure. :)
Wow. I stand corrected. I haven't heard of someone pre-filling an oil filter in a dog's age; I'd forgotten it was even a thing.

Now you're making me feel bad about driving about willy-nilly after an oil change. I guarantee I'll forget when I change my oil this month though.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Genesis Offroad dual battery kit... highly recommended.

Factory battery... tiny little auxiliary... poof, be gone. Installation was sofa-king easy... I have the ACE inner fender liners & had to partially remove it since the auxiliary tray traps it while removing. The most difficult part was all those m'effing wires. Shane's JL in his fantastic install video has 6 ring terminals at the PDC ; some of us (me) have 7, numerically stamped.

I have a pair of Optima Red Tops (OPT8025-160), and they leave a 1.25" gap from the kit. You'll need to use the plastic trays that come with the battery.

The Jeep starts up just as good as ever. I went with their G-screen ... my JL is a manual, and I fished the wire through the firewall on passenger-side with relative ease. All I have to do is figure out where to mount it.

> I like seeing the status of both batteries with the push of a button. Cranking battery voltage remains visible in the ORP.

> I don't like having to return the unit for potential software upgrades. USB...! USB....! Maybe easier said than done, but if we can update the Tazer this way.... hmmm........

It's a really nice and well-thought out piece of equipment and well worth the cost and effort. No bypass, no tiny auxiliary battery anxiety.

**Edit to the edit... The plastic trays that come with the batteries did the trick... the kit fits flush to the batteries, and with some rearranging, I managed to smooth out the negative cable. That factory positive was a real pain in the tukus.

I got it wrong the first time... call it "trail" and error...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? genesis_002

Final to the final version!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? genesis_final

Last edited:

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Working on the new lift. Today got front springs, control arms, Rustys track bar bracket brace, and synergy track bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9FEAE3E7-EDFB-4D1A-9613-01DE9A79CEB7
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 35A2B873-69D7-48AC-AE3B-D184E22CD00F

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Some plastic surgery on the back end:
(tomorrow is the reconstructive surgery)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 155FBC05-474C-431D-93DB-C5A7A815C4E5

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
@Genesis Offroad dual battery kit... highly recommended.

Factory battery... tiny little auxiliary... poof, be gone. Installation was sofa-king easy... I have the ACE inner fender liners & had to partially remove it since the auxiliary tray traps it while removing. The most difficult part was all those m'effing wires. Shane's JL in his fantastic install video has 6 ring terminals at the PDC ; some of us (me) have 7, numerically stamped.

I have a pair of Optima Red Tops (OPT8025-160), and they leave a 1.25" gap from the kit. I was expecting a flush fit, but that ain't the case. I'm not entirely comfy with this, so eventually I may shore up the gap.

The Jeep starts up just as good as ever. I went with their G-screen ... my JL is a manual, and I fished the wire through the firewall on passenger-side with relative ease. All I have to do is figure out where to mount it.

> I like seeing the status of both batteries with the push of a button. Cranking battery voltage remains visible in the ORP.

> I don't like having to return the unit for potential software upgrades. USB...! USB....! Maybe easier said than done, but if we can update the Tazer this way.... hmmm........

Because of the gap and battery terminal location, I had to rotate the kit's negative cable as far as it could reach in order to mount it flush to the terminal. This left a very uncomfortable-looking 90-degree kink in the cable. I twisted it every which-a-ways, but could only mount to the terminal as shown in the picture. The cable would have to be at least 2" longer to get a comfy, rounded bend.

If you want a flush fit...you won't want the Optima Red Top...even though it's an excellent 44 Ah battery punching out 720 cca,. You'll want a pair of batteries about 8.5" in height. Anything less would be uncivilized. Dated reference.

It's a really nice and well-thought out piece of equipment and well worth the cost and effort. No bypass, no tiny auxiliary battery anxiety.

View attachment 454801

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 155FBC05-474C-431D-93DB-C5A7A815C4E5
It's just copper, bend it up and then turn the terminal a little. I had the same thing

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Finally installed the G Screen for my Genesis DB. Wanted it above just left of the Airbag light thing, as their video shows, but the cable was just a little too short. I would have had to pull it tight across the engine bay or go through and up the passenger side to get it up there, but opted for the easy way out instead. It's not like I'm going to look at it a lot.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1619922389585

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1619922416590

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1619922448668

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Decided not to leave well enough alone, and did the rear view mirror upside-down flip for about 0.75” less obstructed forward visibility. As expected, both the ball joint and mirror stem popped out when I applied enough pressure to turn it past the trim above. Ball joint went back in easy enough, but getting the stem aligned at just the right angle without pinching the wires, using just the right amount of upward force, while also twisting 90 degrees in the bracket at just the right moment was a real MF’er. Am 100% sure I looked like an idiot wrestling with/swearing at the mirror for 15 mins, but it’s done, I’m glad to have a sliver of extra visibility, and am just dumb enough that if I had it to do over again - yes I would.
Before/After:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4B461773-ACE7-450D-A6BE-E9F741084D98

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EF8AFD89-1E93-4F93-AFF8-E7785596F13A

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Decided not to leave well enough alone, and did the rear view mirror upside-down flip for about 0.75” less obstructed forward visibility. As expected, both the ball joint and mirror stem popped out when I applied enough pressure to turn it past the trim above. Ball joint went back in easy enough, but getting the stem aligned at just the right angle without pinching the wires, using just the right amount of upward force, while also twisting 90 degrees in the bracket at just the right moment was a real MF’er. Am 100% sure I looked like an idiot wrestling with/swearing at the mirror for 15 mins, but it’s done, I’m glad to have a sliver of extra visibility, and am just dumb enough that if I had it to do over again - yes I would.
Before/After:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EF8AFD89-1E93-4F93-AFF8-E7785596F13A

Any benefit out the back over the spare?