Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It seems to be a theme here that wives are usually the one who are sporting extreme vitriol for the Jeep. Iā€™m just curious where this is coming from? Because in my circles, people are either indifferent or seems to absolutely love the Jeep, many tell me itā€™s their dream car, and that the only thing keeping them away is possibly the price.
Women are inherently unreasonable.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
Wife loves my Jeep but hates the amount of time I spend on things like fluid filming the undercarriage, assembling top lift door cart, assembling the top lift pro, swapping tops, keeping it clean, etc. She got extremely pissed once when there was nobody home and instead of getting laid, I got me six cans of fluid film and got underneath the Jeep since I had no kids to distract me. But all that goes away when I fold the soft top down and take her to the beach in it! Despite that, the kids still look more like me than her so I guess I am safe :CWL::CWL::CWL:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Wife loves my Jeep but hates the amount of time I spend on things like fluid filming the undercarriage, assembling top lift door cart, assembling the top lift pro, swapping tops, keeping it clean, etc. She got extremely pissed once when there was nobody home and instead of getting laid, I got me six cans of fluid film and got underneath the Jeep since I had no kids to distract me. But all that goes away when fold the soft top down and take her to the beach in it! Despite that, the kids still look more like me than her so I guess I am safe :CWL::CWL::CWL:
LOL Iā€™ve had the same experience hahahaha.
I chuckled so hard reading this.
My girlfriend (soon to be wife) said that if I only looked at her the way I look at my Jeep.
Usually when I tell her I got to go work on my Jeep she gives me this look as if Iā€™m cheating.

But all of that changes when I open the sunrider and take her on for a ride!

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
šŸ˜‚ opposite here. The wife keeps trying to steal my Jeep.

Not sure how you are so cramped. We have 3 car seats in ours, two forward on the outside and one rear in the middle. Both front seats all the way back and the kiddos still have more leg room than our Navigator L. Itā€™s definitely a little more confined than a TJ but thatā€™s because there was more than 10 minutes of thought out into ergonomics. I can comfortably reach all buttons and knobs without stretching.

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
My wife LOVES our Renegade Trailhawk. And it's a great little compact SUV that has better off road capability than most would expect. Especially when you put a decent set of tires on it. The stock tires are pretty much street rubber.

My new Wrangler?

Well, she hasn't even expressed a desire to drive it., and I've had it for 6 weeks now. Says it scares her. šŸ™„

So, use that new Jeep of yours and let your wife drive/ride whatever your other vehicle is.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
My wife chose the 2 door manual, color, as long as it had A/C. I chose the Rubicon option, winch and bumper, GMRS radio, Alpine with Nav, and the Wet Okole seat covers. She loves it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm blessed. I bought my JL and my wife loved it so much that we bought her a JK shortly thereafter. Now it's a matter of which Jeep gets the next mod.
inCollage_20210501_143558772.jpg
Nice pair!!! And 2drs FTW!!

FWIW, my wife was the one that suggested "lets look at getting a Jeep this time". That's all it took lol.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Iā€™m with UTES, after 3 or 4 Wranglers, my Wife is still not sold, weā€™ve been doing herā€™s and mine forever. I couldnā€™t get her to get a Wrangler, sheā€™s just not into the ride I guess. So, her being a Nurse,$$, she buys her own ride, she got a new Lexis last year, and a Hybrid at that. When she came home, my jaw dropped and I said ā€œI love youā€ and walked away. As long as sheā€™s happy, and yes, she pays for it on her own... Itā€™s always been hers and mine. My Harleys were the same.. But itā€™s all good on the home front this way!

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Yes, you are crazy. Go sit in a TJ, then in your JL. Youā€™ll find that what youā€™re remembering from 20 years ago isnā€™t reality.
Agreed. I sold my 2003 TJ and got the 21 JLU, anyone who thinks the TJ was roomier in any way shape or form just has a bad memory.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Reading all of these comments has given me a good laugh on what was previously a stressful day ā€¦ many thanks!
Right!? The guy put it out there, took the ball busting like a champ and helped to lighten some peopleā€™s day! Cheers to the OP!šŸ»
Sponsored