Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Whats the last 6 of your vin? any options ordered?
white
options: camera, floor mats, trailer tow

edit: and just saw the tracker you’ve made - nice. Pls add me! Thanks for maintaining that!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
711801 is a sahara in transit to hawaii, they are definitely not built sequentially
You did say it was a Sahara, so I am not tracking this.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Based on the VINs in REBEL_JT's spreadsheet some new VINs were added to the list.

Tonight's 4/29 update as of 2230 CST -

2 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

4 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
Tonight's 4/30 update as of 2359 CST -

0 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

FWIW, I did contact Jeep Chat and was given a case number.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Also

Also ordered 4/6, got VIN 4/10, and still in BX. We are in the same boat.
do you know if your dealer had allocations left when they ordered?

it now appears with mine that my dealer initially had two allocations, both of which have come. Mine was the 3rd 392 ordered.

My thought is it looks like Jeep is letting dealers order beyond their allocation, assigning VINs and just queuing those orders up to build, but not building/confirming to build until they are through all the initial dealer allocations. My assumption is once allocations are built, they’ll start building some/all? non-allocated units IF they have capacity.

if that is what’s happening, it would explain the messages I’ve gotten from Jeep chat so far (gathering parts, then passed edit scheduling pending capacity), and why my dealer said it probably wouldn’t come.

I’d be interested to know if those guys/ladies that ordered in November ordered from dealers who did not have open allocations when the order was placed.

If that hypothesis is correct, then I would not be surprised to only see some (if any?) of these unallocated units built and them only built towards the end of the 2021 build cycle - like July. If that happens, it’ll be interesting to see what happens to those VINs that have already been assigned (roll into next model year? Cancelled?).

just another couple pennies worth of thoughts ...
Teak

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
do you know if your dealer had allocations left when they ordered?

it now appears with mine that my dealer initially had two allocations, both of which have come. Mine was the 3rd 392 ordered.

My thought is it looks like Jeep is letting dealers order beyond their allocation, assigning VINs and just queuing those orders up to build, but not building/confirming to build until they are through all the initial dealer allocations. My assumption is once allocations are built, they’ll start building some/all? non-allocated units IF they have capacity.

if that is what’s happening, it would explain the messages I’ve gotten from Jeep chat so far (gathering parts, then passed edit scheduling pending capacity), and why my dealer said it probably wouldn’t come.

I’d be interested to know if those guys/ladies that ordered in November ordered from dealers who did not have open allocations when the order was placed.

If that hypothesis is correct, then I would not be surprised to only see some (if any?) of these unallocated units built and them only built towards the end of the 2021 build cycle - like July. If that happens, it’ll be interesting to see what happens to those VINs that have already been assigned (roll into next model year? Cancelled?).

just another couple pennies worth of thoughts ...
Teak
I was told they had sold one other one when I ordered mine. The sales manager didn't tell me how many allocations the dealer had available, however.

I spoke to him a few weeks later trying to help someone who was looking for a 392 Rubicon. I asked him if he had allocations and he told me he had some left. So, I'm assuming mine was one of their allocations.

My order was placed as "sold" in the scheduling priority section of my price order confirmation (POC). I was given a vehicle order number immediately. There are some who didn't get that "sold" status in their POC and I would think those are the ones buying outside of the dealers' allocations.

These are just my assumptions. Lol. That's all we have at this time...assumptions.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
So I just put a deposit down on a 392 that was ordered on 12/4/2020 by someone else who backed out of the deal. I have a VON, no VIN and the status is BX.

Its Sting Gray, dual top, Trail camera, Tow package, MT tires, hardtop headliner, satin black grill, and hinge gate reinforcement.

Are any options holding me up?

Any thoughts about when it will be delivered? 76 pages in this thread and I am confused as heck.

Thanks!

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
https://www.frankenmuthcars.net/

has a 392 come available for those that can't wait.

'....
Just passing along that we've had a 392 come available if you know of anyone else that might be interested. It's probably going to sell for over sticker. It won't be able to be displayed on our website until we can remove the sold order status but it is on the lot.....'

Ask for Chris in sales.
1015 WEISS ST FRANKENMUTH, MI 48734-1923

• CALL US: 877-628-4310

and no, my wife doesn't want 200k in payments if we buy a second! :LOL:

Last edited:

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
whats the last 6 of your vin? color and any options ordered?

Sting Gray, sky one touch roof, half doors, floor mats,front camera, tow & mopar spare tire holder

edit: just stoped by my dealer and my salesguy let me look at his ”order status screen” apparently I’m in “F” (paint) with an est. ship date of May 10, so that’s great! When I talk to Jeep Chat makes it sound like they are still gathering all parts and haven’t started yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
My order was placed as "sold" in the scheduling priority section of my price order confirmation (POC). I was given a vehicle order number immediately. There are some who didn't get that "sold" status in their POC and I would think those are the ones buying outside of the dealers' allocations.
My POC also shows sold in the scheduling priority and walked out with VON. The dealer told me they had 4 allocations and all were spoken for. My order is not one of the 4. They had one come in so far and one in transit. The one that came in sat for over a week so I am not sure it was spoken for. I wouldnt let mine sit an longer than it takes me the sign the paperwork. Per chat mine is in pre assembly, whatever that means.

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...

Sting Gray, sky one touch roof, half doors, floor mats,front camera, tow & mopar spare tire holder

edit: just stoped by my dealer and my salesguy let me look at his ”order status screen” apparently I’m in “F” (paint) with an est. ship date of May 10, so that’s great! When I talk to Jeep Chat makes it sound like they are still gathering all parts and haven’t started yet.
9 digits away from mine. 852. I’m still D1. Est ship 5/18.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer

I checked but am seeing you don't have a BuildSheet yet - but that means nothing.

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
I checked but am seeing you don't have a BuildSheet yet - but that means nothing.
Me neither. However I know of three others two of which have been delivered and one in build that don’t show up on crypto. So it’s not very reliable.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
My POC also shows sold in the scheduling priority and walked out with VON. The dealer told me they had 4 allocations and all were spoken for. My order is not one of the 4. They had one come in so far and one in transit. The one that came in sat for over a week so I am not sure it was spoken for. I wouldnt let mine sit an longer than it takes me the sign the paperwork. Per chat mine is in pre assembly, whatever that means.
whats last 6 of your vin?
Sponsored