Sponsored

I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This is true!! :CWL:

But a skilled driver in a decently modded vehicle will always beat an inexperienced driver with a top-of-the-line, hardcore purposeful vehicle, would you agree?
I'd agree but would reduce that to "usually".
Even a skilled driver can only do so much with 105lb-ft torque FWD and low articulation.
Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
You got the prize!!! I was wondering if anyone would think I was serious :)
If you look at my tags at the bottom you will see we wheeled the snot out of a Sahara in Moab and Ouray.
Mike,

Nope never seen your tags. You're sarcasm is just a little too over-the-top especially in light of the spirit of the thread. Still, I missed it... Had fun in highlighting the cool things about JL's though.

I'll now wonder if you're ever serious. Thanks.

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine sees almost ZERO offroad action. Barely even gets out of garage. I had to take it on a road trip today to haul some free lumber. Almost 2 years / 14k miles, and i am perfectly content.

If anyone wants to pay my bills, i would be ecstatic to do whatever you want me to do with my JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG-0229

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Mike,

Nope never seen your tags. You're sarcasm is just a little too over-the-top especially in light of the spirit of the thread. Still, I missed it... Had fun in highlighting the cool things about JL's though.

I'll now wonder if you're ever serious. Thanks.
Wait... my sarcasm is over the top on a thread titled "I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers"? Now that's funny :)

You'll know when I'm serious because I have my serious face on when I'm typing. Seriously, I'm serious about that.

BTW... I see you are over in CO, if you ever make it to Sand Hollow let me know and we can go crawl some rocks together.

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 1996 toyota4runner
I absolutely love love mall crawlers. Why? Because nice clean PARTS! The 4-1 t case I just picked up from the parts yard looked much cleaner than mine! Probably never been used haha

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This is also why I never join a Jeep club... Everyone is drinking the same Kool-Aid.... Forums are different...
Forums are sadly the same. There are many Wrangler forums and many are very uppity. This one has for the most part been filled with helpful folks. Just like in life you have to choose who you're going to put up with. I may come off as a smartass sometimes but that's just my way of trying to keep humor in things. Life's too short to deal with arseholes.

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
Well, we are handicapped by living in Orlando (for now), but we owned our JL for less than 72 hours before we found some dirt to drive in. Was it the same as Imogene or Holy Cross? Nope, but we don't feel like posers. Imogene and Black Bear are in July. :D

Sponsored

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Guess we could all get by with a base Corolla or Civic. The opposite of a mall crawler is someone who isn’t happy until they’ve dropped on a few rocks with their $60k plus Jeep and can show some battle scars. Not for me, but do what makes you happy.

Why do people buy a Porsche or Ferrari? Because they can and they like knowing you could go 150+ mph even though actually using it would get their license suspended in a few weeks.

For me, since becoming a Jeep owner, 82’ CJ, 06’ Sport, 13’ Rubicon 2 door 10th Anniversary and now the 21 JLUR, I find myself enjoying my ride and it’s quirks. I also like to look at Raptors, G Wagons, Hellcat Challengers etc. but I’m satisfied driving my Jeep.

We’ve never rock crawled but have done some nice rides in Borrego, Big Sur, Lake Tahoe and Big Bear and I like knowing I could do way more if desired. Did we need a Rubicon? Probably not, but I love the way it looks and the way the 2021 drives vs the 13’ is like night and day.

Plus you can do the Jeep wave in a 2008 2 door Sport or a 2021 JLU 392 ✌🏼

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@omg,

Not all who off-road bound over the tallest rocks in a single bound. Most (probably all) just like getting away from the urban rat-race to enjoy parts of this planet only few get to see.

Mall-crawlers, or anyone really that chooses to live within the confines of their human aquariums or garages can thrive within their asphalt existence in whichever way makes them happy. Hell, put funky curb-feelers on their rigs and smile when getting as close as possible (but not touching) the concrete ledges they can walk over after parking. But of course only after putting the sunshade under their windshields first. They can certainly journey to and from whatever brick-and-mortar destination they wish to adventure over to. Good for them. They could do that with the biggest bad-ass 392 Hemi V8 or just a plain ole ordinary skateboard.

For those of us who wish to escape that over-populated, rat-race infested, insane urban cage to go discover the true joy of the outdoor wilderness, is something that can best be described as something near bliss. For those lucky enough to even wander far up high into forest timberline and soak in the pine and conifer scent while overlooking a colorful mountain range vista, is so very breathtaking and spirit binding. John Denver only hints about it's affect on one's soul. Getting out into the vast open sky whether at high altitude or not is better than any mind numbing drug the city can offer. However, just as addicting. Try even the easiest of National Forest trails sometime. That precious unused or under-utilized low-mileage Rubicon may just indeed find itself outside of it's garage handcuffs, seeking its natural instinct to find some dirt under its tires.

I drive a lifted 2019 3.6L 8-speed Sport (without lockers of any type) and go wherever it is I care to point. My wife named him 'Snoopy'. He gets to go off-leash and meander all over our backyard we call Colorado. Does he rock-crawl or cliff-climb? Nope, prefers not to. Does he get off the beaten path to go find year-round alpine snow? Just about his favorite pastime. Is he happy in his dog-house garage? Not in the slightest. A good percentage of his 22K plus miles (so far) is over National Forest trail dirt which includes countless rocks and boulders. Just not the volkswagen sized king-of-the-mountain variety.

Going off-road is NOT the stereotypical Jeep at Moab getting near vertical to 'lets see how much articulation I can flex my disconnected sway-bar suspension' kinda crap. Going off-road is simply the pleasure of getting away and seeing (and experiencing) God's green and blue Earth where only few may venture.

Your Jeep was built for a purpose. If you chose to ignore that, that's your business. Be happy, enjoy your increased trade-in value.

I much prefer to enjoy my JL's true net-worth - getting out into some mountain range wilderness and spending time with the pines and conifers. And yes even a tame boulder or two.

Mall-Crawlers Rock! Off-roaders do that but much (much) more.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200605_180738

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200728_190158

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200614_132150

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200815_125757

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200815_125749

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200901_144629

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200614_152410

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_105928

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200815_125724

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200729_121025

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200801_200022

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20200901_113102

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers InShot_20200915_223133135

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_120039

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_7689

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_120049

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_115140_1

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_141718_1

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201010_130110

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers snoopy-charlie-charlie-brown

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers IMG_20201224_131945

Last edited:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Where my mall crawling city dwelling peasants at?
Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers 18DCBAE9-657D-4508-B360-F1C813027C58

I really can’t see myself putting 40k on the line for fun. Smiles per gallon has its limits. Having an off-road vehicle just makes city life in the snow belt so much easier. No more slowing down to a crawl through countless constructions zones. No more swerving around potholes last second. No more shoveling my way out of a parking spot even when the plows push snow up to my door handles and no more worrying about zombies getting stuck underneath my vehicle or floods from hurricanes, because I have the clearance for it now.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I LOVE mall crawlers!!!! Thanks to them modified Jeeps is a HUGE industry with constant innovation and great new stuff coming out ALL the time! Crawl on you mallers!