Sponsored

Just know that your JLU holds 21 gallons of Fuel.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I seldom let my tank get to even half full before filling. Why? Because I'm impatient waiting for an almost empty tank to get filled up.

I usually fill up at Costco because the price can be as much as .30 cents per gallon cheaper than a station a few blocks away.

The pumps are almost always very busy. I especially hate it when I'm waiting for a pickup with apparently large tanks filling up from being almost empty. Feels like I could waste a quarter tank idling while waiting my turn.

My wife's Cherokee has a much smaller tank so it doesn't take as long to fill. Which is good because it always seems to be almost empty all the time.

I continually get texts telling me her Cherokee has less than 1/8th in the tank. I think her thought is it's time to get gas when that little amber light is on.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I have to admit, this is the biggest culture shock factor I'm having to get used to with my Jeep. My truck has a 36 gallon tank, and that will go an entire work week plus a day or two. The little tank in my JLU requires more frequent trips to the dinosaur dispensary.

The whole thing makes me think about gas world, and laugh. I hauled that crap for 10 years, and the only gasoline I will put in any vehicle I own is Shell. The Shell terminal rips people off slightly less than everyone else on the ethanol percentage. "10% ethanol" really means 10.499% ethanol, except at Shell, where it's only 10.23% ethanol. That probably varies by region and by terminal, but my conclusion is that all those sneaky bastards are crooked to some degree.

At one terminal, the rack kept going down while I was loading. The problem traced back to the computer running the show, which was a 386 from the '80s. When I bitched to the operator about this situation, he said, "Kinder Morgan can't afford to upgrade the computer." Yeah, there is no profit in running 10,000,000 gallons of gasoline a week out of this place, and y'all can't afford a $500 computer. Wah.

Sorry. Off-topic.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
You f#*ers only pay 58 $ for 21 gallons of fuel?! I made the conversion using canadian prices: it's 107 $US on the other side of the border!

You...sons...of...bitches. :)
I'm paying between 2.75-2.90 here in east central Indiana. I can run over into Darke county Ohio and sometimes pay .05-.20 less per gallon. Why such a difference is beyond me. 45 minutes away and the same Speedway Convenience stores around me in Indiana.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
That fillup would have cost $49.80 today where I live.

And I’d love to be able to put that into my jeep... us two door owners are cursed with the itty bitty tank. I typically put 15-16 gallons in it.
You can't get that much in a 4-door 4xe either! Them electrons take up a lot of room.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Oh, i'm from Quebec so we don't go "eh" at all. We use church words to swear and curse, however.
Canada was named by putting all the letters of the alphabet in a hat and drawing them out one at a time:

C eh N eh D eh

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
How much Xanax did you take to drive it down that far?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I have a question since gas is up over a dollar a gallon since sleepy Joe took over. I was paying $1.79 at Costco in January for 87 octane

my question is with my 2.o Turbo I've been using 91 octane, is that necessary? I don't know anything about turbos. thanks

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
my question is with my 2.o Turbo I've been using 91 octane, is that necessary? I don't know anything about turbos. thanks
This question is going to stir up a hornets nest!
We only put regular unleaded in our 2.0 Turbo and it runs Great! The manual says 91 is recommended for optimal performance, I have never been disappointed in the performance of it.

Try Regular Unleaded, if you get a lot of pinging switch back, otherwise enjoy the savings.
Gregj
Sponsored