Sponsored

Just know that your JLU holds 21 gallons of Fuel.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
You got to pay to play and the option is a PriusšŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Smiles per gallon!!! I must say I have run into fume occasions in my old JK. Having too much fun to look at fuel levels...

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
My last fill up
58D3BBCD-A347-483E-816D-9A4A7EADB1EE.jpeg
If you want to spend less per fill up, trade your 4 door for a 2 door. The only way I'm carrying 21 gallons of gas is to act like the Canadians that cross the border (when it's open) to fill up their tanks then their gas cans that they then put in the back of their minivans.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Well gas prices are on the rise in USA so get ready for the ride, might have to start daily driving my boring Nissan. šŸ˜¢
I don't understand the "daily driving" part. I had to drive to my office on Monday, tonight I drove to a restaurant 2 miles away for takeout. So I've driven 2 days out of 5. I barely drive enough miles during the week to keep the car alive. But then I get a 2000 mile trip every couple of months.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I don't understand the "daily driving" part. I had to drive to my office on Monday, tonight I drove to a restaurant 2 miles away for takeout. So I've driven 2 days out of 5. I barely drive enough miles during the week to keep the car alive. But then I get a 2000 mile trip every couple of months.
Iā€™m jealous. Some of us have hour long commutes. And in busy cities like San Diego, 30 minutes of that commute is stop and go traffic just killing fuel economy. Thankfully Iā€™m moving to PNW very soon.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What you donā€™t see listed on the meter is the cost of damage done to the fuel pump.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Iā€™m jealous. Some of us have hour long commutes. And in busy cities like San Diego, 30 minutes of that commute is stop and go traffic just killing fuel economy. Thankfully Iā€™m moving to PNW very soon.
If by "PNW" you mean "anywhere but the Seattle or Portland areas", then your commute should get better. Moved to the Seattle area from the Houston area. Commute sucked just as much and got worse at the same rate.

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
You f#*ers only pay 58 $ for 21 gallons of fuel?! I made the conversion using canadian prices: it's 107 $US on the other side of the border!

You...sons...of...bitches. :)
I will pay for your gas if you pay my medical bills.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
If by "PNW" you mean "anywhere but the Seattle or Portland areas", then your commute should get better. Moved to the Seattle area from the Houston area. Commute sucked just as much and got worse at the same rate.
I'll be more near Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island. I keep hearing bad things about Seattle, but I also hear the commute to and from the island can be tough. 2 lane freeway on the North end with low speed limits.

Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
I'll be more near Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island. I keep hearing bad things about Seattle, but I also hear the commute to and from the island can be tough. 2 lane freeway on the North end with low speed limits.
Yeah, Whidbey can be challenging to drive around on, but nothing like Seattle or San Diego. Just gotta watch for the wild navy types in their highly modded Jeeps ripping around the island.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Yeah, Whidbey can be challenging to drive around on, but nothing like Seattle or San Diego. Just gotta watch for the wild navy types in their highly modded Jeeps ripping around the island.
Oh great. Yeah those are my people, unfortunately. šŸ˜† I'll be spending more time in the mountains anyway. I don't like to be anywhere near base unless I have to work. How is wheeling up there? Any spots that come to mind, or just start driving in the mountains?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
He is paying a ton for gas up in the Great Lakes State, down in the Sunshine State we are paying about 2.61 at Shell that same fill-up would cost me $54.80 here.

I go up to Michigan every year, and there is something about the gas up there though. Might be worth the extra cash as I typically get amazing mileage going up to the UP.
Itā€™s funny you should say that. Iā€™d swear I get more mileage with certain brands of gas. Iā€™m too lazy to clock it though.
Youā€™ve just inspired me. Iā€™m gonna make a note in my phone (gas mileage) and start clearing my tripometer, then logging how many miles from full to 1/4 tank.