Sponsored

How much under invoice do you think I can get on a 4XE?

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Yeah, you have better luck getting a discount on a tricked out Jeep (like a JLUR). I figure that with the 392 and 4xe, the demand is so high and supply is so low that dealerships are going to hold out for good money. Not to mention that they're financing their inventory at historically low rates. I visited 4 dealers before buying my new Jeep, but I bought a JLU Sport with very little on it.
Going the factory order route the dealer is basically just facilitating the transaction for you, and the vehicle options shouldnt matter. The key I have found is to go to the higher volume dealers since they get more units allocated to them.
Sponsored

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Yes sir... lots of dealers laughed and/or wouldn't even attempt to negotiate with me. At the end of the day I got the deal I was looking for and they didn't get my business.
Yeah I got a great quote at Bud Clearly... I am just debating if I want to buy out of state.... still cheaper than with California rebate

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Yeah I got a great quote at Bud Clearly... I am just debating if I want to buy out of state.... still cheaper than with California rebate
Excellent! Did you by chance work with Phillip? By the time your rig is built and delivered it will be summer and it would make for a beautiful drive down the coast. Im not familiar with CA incentives but wouldnt you claim the credit when you file your taxes? I always thought those incentives were based on where the car gets registered vs where it gets purchased.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Excellent! Did you by chance work with Phillip? By the time your rig is built and delivered it will be summer and it would make for a beautiful drive down the coast. Im not familiar with CA incentives but wouldnt you claim the credit when you file your taxes? I always thought those incentives were based on where the car gets registered vs where it gets purchased.
Yes he has been great.
Rydell in California was not at all helpful.

California rebate is only if you buy in the state

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Phillip takes forever to respond. I would reccommend going with a dealer that actually responds and updates you.

Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Yes he has been great.
Rydell in California was not at all helpful.

California rebate is only if you buy in the state
Who did you work with at Rydell? I ordered mine through Juan at Rydell and it was a seamless, no hassle process so far. My 4xe was ordered on 4/9, is currently in transit, and should be arriving any day now. Juan offered me the best price I found in CA. Even with the larger discounts from dealers in neighboring states, his was the best price because of the CA PHEV credit (must purchase the PHEV in CA)

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Who did you work with at Rydell? I ordered mine through Juan at Rydell and it was a seamless, no hassle process so far. My 4xe was ordered on 4/9, is currently in transit, and should be arriving any day now. Juan offered me the best price I found in CA. Even with the larger discounts from dealers in neighboring states, his was the best price because of the CA PHEV credit (must purchase the PHEV in CA)
Juan.... but it took too long to get back to me, I was passed around from Silvana, then AJ then Juan...very disappointed.
They do have the best price in So Cal for sure. But I just can not with their customer service in sales

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Juan.... but it took too long to get back to me, I was passed around from Silvana, then AJ then Juan...very disappointed.
They do have the best price in So Cal for sure. But I just can not with their customer service in sales
Oh dang, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I know he was out on vacation for two weeks so maybe that’s why he didn’t get back to you. Customer service is definitely a huge deal especially since buying a Jeep is no small purchase.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Oh dang, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I know he was out on vacation for two weeks so maybe that’s why he didn’t get back to you. Customer service is definitely a huge deal especially since buying a Jeep is no small purchase.
No he kept replying he was busy, more than once. Then they reduced the offer of 1000 to 500 in between his text. They would not budge, even though he did not get back to me. So it is a no from me.

Cpt_Caveman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
5% under invoice with no conditions, 6% with an affiliate code, and 7% with affiliates and I finance through the dealership. After that, a $600 dealership fee is tacked on which essentially reduced the discount 1%

Sponsored

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
5% under invoice with no conditions, 6% with an affiliate code, and 7% with affiliates and I finance through the dealership. After that, a $600 dealership fee is tacked on which essentially reduced the discount 1%
From which dealer?

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Kent @ Peterson Jeep is the best dealer you can work with. He is on top of everything. All else try to be like Kent.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Hi,

I believe I've owned 3-4 jeeps since 2018. :rock: For all, I've gotten 6-8% under invoice.

Can I expect the same savings on the 4XE? Or, do you think I can do any better?

I'm in the Austin, TX area.

Thanks! :)
Right now in end of August, and especially for Arizona dealers, you are lucky to find a jeep dealer willing to even return your call or email unless you are willing to pay over MSRP. Only special orders are sold AT MSRP and dealers won't even accept/honor my friends and family discount (Invoice-1%). They are saying that those programs are all on hold due to Covid! Take that for what its worth coming from a sales guy! smh.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Don't expect any kind of discount besides governement grants for electric cars (if any where you live). The American and the Chinese economy are booming back from that pandemic since more and more people are getting vaccinated. Infrastructures are part of both countries plan to bounce back from a year of crazy spendings. So carmakers will compete with absolutely every company of this world to get parts.

It'll more than likely be "that's the price or leave it" because the next guy stepping in the dealership will probably be ready to pay full price.

If you take Canada for example. Right now, if you order a vehicle with the options you want, it's 5 to 7 months of delay at least. And it's not just for Jeeps: it's for 4Runner, for Mach-Es, for GTIs, for Broncos: name them, they'll be late.

So much that used cars value is sky-rocketting right now. There's just no brand new cars available.

So if you can wait, you better. Let Stellantis fix the early problems on the 4XE and you'll laugh in two years when you'll get the updated version at a lower price.
Used car prices are totally INSANE!!!! I just came back from my local Jeep dealer and to special order a Willys unlimited, I would have to pay MSRP, period! I saw a 2018 Rubicon Unlimited listed for $54000! Dealer had a brand new Gladiator Mojave stickered at $56,xxx and a 2020 Sport with barely any options used at almost $48K!!!!! They way I figure, you get really nice trade-in value for your car but you pay it back by not being able to get any discounts on your purchase! So basically sell high, buy high or sell low and buy low! same difference if you ask me!
Sponsored