Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello Everyone,
We are looking to confirm fitment of our Hood QuickLIFT system on the Wrangler 4xe and were hoping new owners could share some pictures as we can't find what we are looking for online.
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation rt-jeep-layout2b-

What we need is a picture of the area shown below on both driver and passenger sides to confirm the charging port and/or any other unique part of the 4xe package does not interfere with our mounting points.

Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation 21-20003-02-5

Thank you in advance to anyone who can share some pictures with us!

For those who are not familiar with our Hood QuickLIFT system:

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation rt-qr-layout-

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Redline Tuning

I just eyeballed my install and compared it to the pics @Yipee_Ki_Yay provided...

Only issue if you want to call it that, is the plastic wire holder FCA has placed (see red circle in picture) will have to removed. That plastic connector lies right where the quick release ends up residing

The wire that it held can be secured a bit farther up with a different wire holder. You could drill a small hole and move the wire holder or just move the holder and secure it with Goop Flexible Epoxy of some industrial strength, all weather Velcro. No big deal nor hard to do.

Everything else clears / looks aok in regard to the Redline install / hardware.. The lowered strut does not impact the wire..

Anyway to me, the Redline Tuning offering looks like a go on the 4xe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation image

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thanks for the Pictures @Yipee_Ki_Yay ! It looks like there will be little to no issues using our system. As @Rhinebeck01 mentioned, there may be a small bit of contact between our end fitting and the wire retention piece, but I will wait to see one installed to see if it is an issue. There are several solutions available to solve the issue if there is contact.

Maxx4xE

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 4XE Sahara
That cable and its connector on the drivers side are not present on my 4XE Sahara. Wonder if its something specific to the Rubicon or something with an option not on mine. The only features I didn't add were the Adaptive driving (No front end sensors) and the Tow package.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That cable and its connector on the drivers side are not present on my 4XE Sahara. Wonder if its something specific to the Rubicon or something with an option not on mine. The only features I didn't add were the Adaptive driving (No front end sensors) and the Tow package.
@Maxx4xE

I knew when I posted the pic earlier in this thread that the "cable and it's connector" were undoubtedly related to the wired connector that is found under the driver's side cowl, that connects to the adaptive cruise control system, IF, again if the JL 4xe has the adaptive cruise control system..

Sure like your 4xe, not all will have that "cable and it's connector" ....

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
@Maxx4xE

I knew when I posted the pic earlier in this thread that the "cable and it's connector" were undoubtedly related to the wired connector that is found under the driver's side cowl, that connects to the adaptive cruise control system, IF, again if the JL 4xe has the adaptive cruise control system..

Sure like your 4xe, not all will have that "cable and it's connector" ....
Yup, and mine does have ACC...so likely what that cable is for. Order arrives tomorrow or Tuesday, will post pics once I get around to mounting them šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Yup, and mine does have ACC...so likely what that cable is for. Order arrives tomorrow or Tuesday, will post pics once I get around to mounting them šŸ˜‰
Looking forward to the pictures! :like:

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Finished install on the 4XE and simply moved that one lone wire "over" about an inch and routed with along the same path as the main orange charging cable (it originates at the same place as that cable), pics below, hope it makes this easier for others. Originally tried to leave in place, but bottom of gas strut would hit the wire and plastic holder too much for my liking. Did not want to go the route of drilling another hole using "goop" to secure it. In the pics, the black foam you see is secured by simple adhesive tape, pulled that up to allow me to adjust the wire to follow that orange cable into the engine bay (and you can see that wire was already next to that cable, so I'm not worried about electrical interference).

Love how it opens now @Redline Tuning (feel free to use pics however you want, and thanks as well for the email), thank you! BTW, wife did the full install, I provided the color commentary, she handled the rest, easy job for anyone to do!

Original view before any changes:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0537.JPG

"Dry fit" attempt to see where wire mount and strut would meet:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0538.JPG

Full attempt at leaving wire clip in place, as you can see without strut pushed onto clip, it was going to hit that wire and clip:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0544.JPG

Removing first of two wire clips (one more located about 8" to the right, nearly under that black foam piece):
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0541.JPG

Second wire clip being removed, allowing us to move wire up along same path as orange cable:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0545.JPG

Originally thought about running the wire with only that one clip removed, but you can see where the wire would rest on the top of that sheet metal, not a good long term solution, which is what led to moving the wire further up and long the same line as the orange charge line:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0542.JPG

Held the window wash line out of the way so you can see where I applied one black zip tie to the wire I moved "up and over" about 1-2", eliminating any possible rub points or sharp metal issues:
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation IMG_0557.JPG

Final video of install done.....she was pretty happy... :clap:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Bumps Ahead now remove that stock hood prop to make it all clean :like: I took mine off and have it for a future project.
Jeep Wrangler JL Under hood 4xe pictures needed for Hood QuickLIFT fitment confirmation 01F93780-E68A-4DBB-A8E9-332E9EA1F6D3

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Big Thanks to Dion @Bumps Ahead for the excellent pictures! :clap: Good to know there are no issues installing our QuickLIFT system on the 4XE. :like:
Zero issue if you don't have Automatic Cruise Control but some adjustment needed for the ACC models. It would be good if that is stated somewhere for the product along with how to do the adjustment.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Zero issue if you don't have Automatic Cruise Control but some adjustment needed for the ACC models. It would be good if that is stated somewhere for the product along with how to do the adjustment.
Thank you. Do you know which models have ACC as an option?

sachatur

First Name
Saravan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius, Honda Fit, Rubicon 4XE
Thank you. Do you know which models have ACC as an option?
ā€˜Adaptive Cruise Control with Stopā€™ on the 4xe is part of ā€˜Advanced Safety Group.ā€™