"Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon"

JStuke

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
It is in the dealer now. I agree that it might be related to the N3 fuse. The aux battery was replaced around 6 months agree when the start stop system failed. I really want to disable this system. My issues always seem to start with the start stop mechanism.
An update to my issue. Dealer replaced the power distribution module, the battery, and repaired the battery cables. Seems to run fine. Still wishes I could turn off the start stop forever. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sponsored

JohninSC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I believe I'm having the same issue. Was waiting in line at a drive thru, Wrangler shuts off, only get clicks when attempted to start again. Used a portable pack and it cranked immediately. I pulled out of line in case it happened again and was met with the "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" message, ABS started complaining, and power steering went out so I pulled into a parking spot.

As soon as I put it in park the vehicle died again. When I lifted the hood there was a persistent clicking coming from the fuse housing. This continued for ~30 minutes until it appeared the battery was completely dead as I have no power inside the vehicle (dash was completely dark) and it wasn't attempting to turn over.

Called a tow, he arrived and we tried a jump to see if it would take anything which it didn't so had it towed back to my place. Was able to check some readings here and below is what I found:

All smaller fuses appear fine
High Current fuses 1 and 3 showing 3.6v
High Current fuses 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 show 12v
Main battery shows 12v
Still no power making it to any part of the vehicle that I've seen

Any help here is greatly appreciated. Can't believe I'm seeing this from a 3 year old vehicle.
Mine finally did the same thing and towed it to the dealer and both Batteries were replaced. All is fine now.

maesy4

First Name
Mae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL wrangler
This thread seems to be a few years old but I have a 2018 JL that just hit over 50k miles. Today, just a few hours ago I had the same problem occur as everyone else. It was scary. I received "STOP SAFELY vehicle will shut off soon error message", after stopping at a red light. Next thing I know power steering went out, while driving, and I had to quickly pull over. Clearly, an electrical problem. It was like my vehicle was passed. Lights, display, and wipers were turning on and off. I had to have my wrangler towed to a dealer, mind you this happened an hour away from my house, and now it will be sitting at the dealer all weekend because it is a Saturday evening. I am very concerned what the process of getting this fixed, and if It will be covered by the dealership though it's out of its warranty...

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
This thread seems to be a few years old but I have a 2018 JL that just hit over 50k miles. Today, just a few hours ago I had the same problem occur as everyone else. It was scary. I received "STOP SAFELY vehicle will shut off soon error message", after stopping at a red light. Next thing I know power steering went out, while driving, and I had to quickly pull over. Clearly, an electrical problem. It was like my vehicle was passed. Lights, display, and wipers were turning on and off. I had to have my wrangler towed to a dealer, mind you this happened an hour away from my house, and now it will be sitting at the dealer all weekend because it is a Saturday evening. I am very concerned what the process of getting this fixed, and if It will be covered by the dealership though it's out of its warranty...
I have 2019 Sahara been going on for 2 years now with my Jeep. Have had it in for like 9 times. In shop now and canā€™t figure out the electrical issue. Rig it works for couple months and back in. When I get it back they will buy back or I will trade in. Hope you have better luck than I have had. Good luck

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@maesy4

Probably two new batteries and your paying about $600-700 (Out of warranty repair) and your JL will be up and running again. May also need a new alternator and that will cost you more.

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Add me to the club! Ironically I was on my was to the dealer to get other things fixed!!

Iā€™m a little concerned as this dealer didnā€™t do a great job on my steering box install! But hopefully theyā€™ll be able to figure it out!!

D2648797-97CB-4119-8706-44DA0463EA09.jpeg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @maesy4,

Please feel free to keep our team updated on the outcome of your appointment.

I have 2019 Sahara been going on for 2 years now with my Jeep. Have had it in for like 9 times. In shop now and canā€™t figure out the electrical issue. Rig it works for couple months and back in. When I get it back they will buy back or I will trade in. Hope you have better luck than I have had. Good luck

Add me to the club! Ironically I was on my was to the dealer to get other things fixed!!

Iā€™m a little concerned as this dealer didnā€™t do a great job on my steering box install! But hopefully theyā€™ll be able to figure it out!!
Hi @Oscar16 and @Az-jewel,

We understand how frustrating this must be. If you would like support while in service, please reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hi @maesy4,

Please feel free to keep our team updated on the outcome of your appointment.

Hi @Oscar16 and @Az-jewel,

We understand how frustrating this must be. If you would like support while in service, please reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thank you Darlene! The dealer replaced the auxiliary battery and itā€™s been fine since. :)

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Does the v6 without start/stop also have 2 batteries and this issue?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you Darlene! The dealer replaced the auxiliary battery and itā€™s been fine since. :)
Thank you for providing this update!

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So I am literally here 3 hours from home at the beach and we got the infamous message. So now i get no power checked fuses tried jumping and I have a window down. Called road side assistance. 2 hours or ao and they should be able to get our jeep to a dealer which is 2 miles away. But is closed and will not open till monday where in the mean time we have to get back up to northern Virginia. Hopefully its nothing long. But still habe to drive 3 hours north, then wait to hear back and drive down here again to pick up and drive back home. Ugggggh

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
So I am literally here 3 hours from home at the beach and we got the infamous message. So now i get no power checked fuses tried jumping and I have a window down. Called road side assistance. 2 hours or ao and they should be able to get our jeep to a dealer which is 2 miles away. But is closed and will not open till monday where in the mean time we have to get back up to northern Virginia. Hopefully its nothing long. But still habe to drive 3 hours north, then wait to hear back and drive down here again to pick up and drive back home. Ugggggh
Hopefully itā€™s something simple like some loose fuses but Iā€™m betting it a battery issue that plague a lot of JL owners and itā€™s all because of that poorly over engineered ESS system, ESS is not new technology but apparently FCA canā€™t get it right as problems with batteries still plague JL owners 3 years after the JL was introduced.

Let us know what they find and sorry for the huge hassle of being stranded.

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Fingers crossed its something that can be done quickly. It's not like we could get a loaner and we are over 150 miles from that dealership
Sponsored