Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
How about Fiata?

:bandit:
Yeah, I used to call it the Fiata.

But Spider and MX-5 are so different in design, sound and demeanor that it doesn't quite apply.

Daywalker78

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not that I have any plans to sell mine, but I look at the used market all the time just to see what's out there. I got my 2018 JLUR with 1200 miles March of 2020 for $40K out the door. Used ones I've seen configured the way mine is are going for like 55K, with double the miles, it's crazy.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have a synergy 2” lift, skids, warn winch, and some Baja lights. Typically dealers give nothing for add ons. Has that changed? I checked KBB trade value on my Recon, it was more than I paid a year ago but my adds cost about $7,500. Im not really looking to trade or sell but I have an extra vehicle and could wait until 22 to replace, perhaps with a 4xe if the price is strong enough for my 2020. A two year upgrade at little cost is appealing.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I have a synergy 2” lift, skids, warn winch, and some Baja lights. Typically dealers give nothing for add ons. Has that changed? I checked KBB trade value on my Recon, it was more than I paid a year ago but my adds cost about $7,500. Im not really looking to trade or sell but I have an extra vehicle and could wait until 22 to replace, perhaps with a 4xe if the price is strong enough for my 2020. A two year upgrade at little cost is appealing.
They may act like they don't care on trade, but sure as hell care when you are buying.

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 that I bought 3yrs ago. Sticker was $33K and I got it for $23K out the door. Nobody at the time wanted a 2DR, thus the discount. Carvana is offering me $27+K right now?! Man I love this truck, but to make money on it after 3yrs is insane! So tempted...

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! 1619756183326

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! RAM01

BJACK

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2021 JLUD
So... After reading this thread I checked on vroom to see what they would offer me for my jlur, $51,266! Msrp was 48k, I paid 44k cash. Something doesn't seem right, I don't feel comfortable accepting their offer.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Good thing I’m waiting for the 2022s. I remember when there was a hard drive shortage back in 2011-12 and “experts” talking about computers ballooning to 10x their normal cost. I don’t doubt there’s actual shortages happening but it always seems like pending doom is on the horizon. Haha.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Good thing I’m waiting for the 2022s. I remember when there was a hard drive shortage back in 2011-12 and “experts” talking about computers ballooning to 10x their normal cost. I don’t doubt there’s actual shortages happening but it always seems like pending doom is on the horizon. Haha.
Try buying a computer CPU chip right now, or worse than that a video card. Some CPU chips are unavailable except through scalpers for high markups, like buying from a guy in the alley wearing a trenchcoat. And video cards are selling for 2 to 3 times their MSRP, when you can find them.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Try buying a computer CPU chip right now, or worse than that a video card. Some CPU chips are unavailable except through scalpers for high markups, like buying from a guy in the alley wearing a trenchcoat. And video cards are selling for 2 to 3 times their MSRP, when you can find them.
Yes sir. I own an IT company. We buy all sorts of hardware all the time. I’m well aware of what’s going on. I guess i just feel like there’s always some “major” problem in the world that we humans are always worried about. Maybe that’s just a naive mind of a young 30 year old, but after this pandemic debacle, it really stands out to me now. Just my two cents.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
State of virginia charges a property tax (that’s pretty much)equal to the sales tax based on their assessed value of your car each and every year. The money grubbing whores decided that with used car resale being so strong, they would add value to all used cars.

so they reassesed my 2020 vehicle at a higher value in 2021 than they did in 2020, “due to the pandemic”...so i now pay more in tax this year than last year.

unbelievable.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
It's a sellers market for sure right now, that will likely continue for months. Buying something however is hit or miss.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
O Yes, looming on the Horizon of Doom, the Gas Shortage, and the Rubber Shortage, and...

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
To sum it up YES its an excellent time to sell if your in the market to!
Sponsored