Sponsored

Gosh. This is brutal. LOL. Deciding. Sahara v. Sport S... with a twist.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
I debated this between the Sport S and the Willys.

I concluded that it was better to add exactly what I wanted to the base model, rather than paying for stuff I didn't want (some of which I planned to remove) on the Willys.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Have you driven a JL at night with halogens? It is personal preference, but LEDs are a great upgrade. You don’t have to do the OEM, but I would consider budgeting the idea.
We ordered ours with the halogens but that will be one of the first upgrades once it gets here. Wife wants color changing halos lol

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
We ordered ours with the halogens but that will be one of the first upgrades once it gets here. Wife wants color changing halos lol
Living in Illinois, you may want to consider sticking with halogens, due to the snow buildup with LEDs. I was okay with it, as I don't drive too much in snowstorms, but if you do, you may need to factor that in. The OP is in Florida, so not an issue for them.

Sponsored

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I'm usually not all about the fancier stereo, etc... but I'm feeling like a splurge is in order. LOL.

Tell me if the 8.4 is worth the extra $ It's definitely not a cheap upgrade.
I’ve got the 7 inch in my Gladiator. I had the 8.4 in my Ram. The 7 inch is good enough that I don’t miss the 8.4. I do wish that I had the Alpine though because the regular speakers are TERRIBLE

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Living in Illinois, you may want to consider sticking with halogens, due to the snow buildup with LEDs. I was okay with it, as I don't drive too much in snowstorms, but if you do, you may need to factor that in. The OP is in Florida, so not an issue for them.
I’ve heard that, but the boss (wife) wants LEDs and I’m not telling her no lol. We’ve had LEDs on her JK and not had any problems

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
Just ordered the Freedom. It has everything we wanted and more...

My sales guy is saying that the 8.4 comes with the Alpine... when I look at the build data on this forum, I'm not certain.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/4-door-3-5-21-pdf.434799/

Page 5

8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group (AEK)
Then if you look at Alpine Premium Audio System... that is code (RC4)

It says, "w/AEK N/C" but on the Jeep.com builder it shows as not included.

Put my mind at ease, please. :)

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I picked my from the dealer lot, Sport Altitude, came with the Upgraded suspension, brakes, and 18" wheels. It does not have the 8 inch Uconnect, just the 7.4 inch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gosh. This is brutal. LOL. Deciding.  Sahara v. Sport S... with a twist. Tattoos

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I've seen pics of the halogens blocked by snow too. It's a recessed headlight thing, not an LED thing.

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I've seen pics of the halogens blocked by snow too. It's a recessed headlight thing, not an LED thing.
it is also the reduced heat generated by an LED. Being that we get fluffier snow here most times, I have never had issues either way, but many in the NE seem to like halogens.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
My number one upgrade on my JLU80 was the full time 4Hi especially here in Florida because it storms every single afternoon in the summer and driving is greatly improved. It is not just a northern or snow option.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I would definitely get the Sahara based on the options you are getting and the small price difference between the two($1860 msrp)

The sahara comes standard with the following which you are ordering on sport S anyway:
- side steps
- tech group
- sirius xm radio option

In addition, you get these extras:
- HD brakes
- convenience group(homelink)
- upgraded interior(dash trim, leather door handles, nicer seats
- Extra outlet for the rear seats and I think rear USB chargers are on sahara but not sport as well
- upgraded exterior - nicer bumpers, painted fenders, grille inserts, etc...

Also, higher trade in down the road.
Sponsored