First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow $600, that's a lot considering a new PCM can be picked up for $158 online.

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jeep_2018_Wrangler/MODULE-Engine-Controller/75658607/68292196AD.html

Has anybody gone this route and picked up a new PCM on their own and sent it in to be unlocked?
You'll have to get it programmed for your jeep then send that one in to be unlocked. That's a good price. Probably worth the hassle of getting a new blank pcm and getting it programmed for your vehicle if you want a spare pcm.
Sponsored

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
21 3.6 support is very close, 2.0T is hopefully not far behind.

Thanks

Gbango

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Sahara Unlimited
How does this compare to overall #s and driveability to the jb4? I currently run the jb4 with the mishimoto charge pipe and intake and am very happy. Just wish I can modify the shifts to be more crisp and hold at higher gear.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I haven't driven or tested that product yet so its hard to say honestly. Flash tuning will almost always offer the best results when possible.

Thanks

Sponsored

Rubicube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0t
I haven't driven or tested that product yet so its hard to say honestly. Flash tuning will almost always offer the best results when possible.

Thanks
Hello,
Will you be offering E85 tuning or E30 tuning for the 2021 2.0?

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
I was the first 2.0 flash tune customer and it has run flawless the entire time. Never one issue and the performance torque curve is awesome. Really great product. I haven’t used any piggy back tuners but I would say the flash tune has been just like factory but a while lot better.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
How does this compare to overall #s and driveability to the jb4? I currently run the jb4 with the mishimoto charge pipe and intake and am very happy. Just wish I can modify the shifts to be more crisp and hold at higher gear.
We have tested that module in-house here in our Ogden location and it did add power, it was better than stock. The plug-in module like that has a place in this market, and there are customers it will appeal to. However, comparing it to flash tuning isn't quite fair as flash tuning gives you so many more parameters and features to adjust/modify.

The plug in module is only modifying one or two signals, whereas with flash tuning you have access to virtually everything within the ECM, including transmission. Flash tuning has allowed us to adjust torque management, shift points, shift firmness, and converter lock-up strategies which in my opinion made the Jeep (especially modified with larger tires) much more pleasant to drive. When it comes to drivability, it's no always about just adding more power. How that power is applied and is used on the street daily driving is where you'll really be impressed.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
We have tested that module in-house here in our Ogden location and it did add power, it was better than stock. The plug-in module like that has a place in this market, and there are customers it will appeal to. However, comparing it to flash tuning isn't quite fair as flash tuning gives you so many more parameters and features to adjust/modify.

The plug in module is only modifying one or two signals, whereas with flash tuning you have access to virtually everything within the ECM, including transmission. Flash tuning has allowed us to adjust torque management, shift points, shift firmness, and converter lock-up strategies which in my opinion made the Jeep (especially modified with larger tires) much more pleasant to drive. When it comes to drivability, it's no always about just adding more power. How that power is applied and is used on the street daily driving is where you'll really be impressed.
If I order the tuner, will I receive the unlocked PCM first and send mine or I have to send mine first and once you receive the PCM you will send the unlocked one?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
If I order the tuner, will I receive the unlocked PCM first and send mine or I have to send mine first and once you receive the PCM you will send the unlocked one?
In our PCM swap process, you'll get the unlocked PCM first, so you can remove your factory unit, install our modified PCM, and then return your original to us. So you'll have no down time with exception of how long it takes you to perform the swap.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
In our PCM swap process, you'll get the unlocked PCM first, so you can remove your factory unit, install our modified PCM, and then return your original to us. So you'll have no down time with exception of how long it takes you to perform the swap.
That is great. Thanks.

Rubicube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0t
Any updates on 2021 availability?

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I am running the diablo i3 version of this and their tech support has yet to fix the enabling of all the features. I can't adjust anything but gears and tires. No switches, tpms, start/stop, rpm limits etc... And even the tires only adjust in 1/2" increments no matter what size you put, it just rounds up or down so its impossible to dial in your speedometer to be correct. Not to mention it sometimes takes multiple attempts and several hours to load a basic tune. I am really not impressed so far and expected a better experience from Holly/Diablo. Thinking a dealer flash for gears and tires may have been better. Its been a month, with multiple updates and attempts, and still no answers or a fix from Holly.
Sponsored