My salesman ordered mine late on 03/27/21,
VIN and VON on Monday 03/29/21
D on 03/29/21
E status 04/10/21

Jeep Chat told me
I status 04/12/21
The dealer told me
G status on 04/12/21

Now it's sitting JB status also since the last update on th was 12th So what is happening at the body vendor/vendor abyss?
Sponsored

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
My salesman ordered mine late on 03/27/21,
VIN and VON on Monday 03/29/21
D on 03/29/21
E status 04/10/21

Jeep Chat told me
I status 04/12/21
The dealer told me
G status on 04/12/21

Now it's sitting JB status also since the last update on th was 12th So what is happening at the body vendor/vendor abyss?
I, too, am in JB abyss since last week - only thing I had on my build that would be there is the Tubular side steps. Hoping it gets cleared out soon...

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
Took delivery last week of my '21 Sahara:
  • 3.6 w/ 6MT
  • Firecracker red
  • SOT top
  • Premium audio
  • Cold weather pkg
  • Tow pkg
  • Proximity keyless
  • Safety group
  • LED lights
  • Stitched leather (these seats are awesome- so comfortable!)
Order placed 3/19 -> VIN/D1 on 3/23 -> G Trim on 4/13 -> KZ Released by plant on 4/20 -> in my driveway on 4/22. Not bad at all. Was worried about the manual and SOT, but didn't seem to delay it!
Sahara.jpg
This is mine except for leather trimmed sahara and snazzberry. Ordered on 4/16 and in Framing on 4/27. Hoping to get in a 30ish day window too!

tinsley39

First Name
Dorothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I ordered my Snazzberry Rubicon Jan 26. Other than an order number I still have nothing. Dealership has no answers and Jeep chat escalated me to a case number. Said someone would be calling me in 2-3 days. No one did. So reached out to Jeep chat yet again and the lady said she was showing my case was submitted to a csm and would ask them to please contact me ASAP. I’m beyond frustrated. I want to give my dealer my business but I know of a dealer in a different state with what I want on their lot. Ugh

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I ordered my Snazzberry Rubicon Jan 26. Other than an order number I still have nothing. Dealership has no answers and Jeep chat escalated me to a case number. Said someone would be calling me in 2-3 days. No one did. So reached out to Jeep chat yet again and the lady said she was showing my case was submitted to a csm and would ask them to please contact me ASAP. I’m beyond frustrated. I want to give my dealer my business but I know of a dealer in a different state with what I want on their lot. Ugh
Did you give the dealership a deposit, and if so, is it refundable?

Sponsored

Snazzberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for '21 JLUR, 1974 Vette
I’m sorry to hear that! After reading this I kinda stalked your posts and found the order sheet you posted. On mine at the very bottom of the list it says “Sold Vehicle” and yours doesn’t. I thought I read somewhere that “sold” vehicles are prioritized over regular dealer inventory. I could be wrong though. I hope you find a resolution soon! Good luck

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
I got my VIN/VON two or three days after I bought mine. I'd think they'd get the VON when they order it from Jeep.

tinsley39

First Name
Dorothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Did you give the dealership a deposit, and if so, is it refundable?
No. We were fortunate enough to know the general manager and he didn’t make us put down anything. I could go somewhere else but they have been great with getting me a loaner car and selling my Jeep. So I hate to do that.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
No. We were fortunate enough to know the general manager and he didn’t make us put down anything. I could go somewhere else but they have been great with getting me a loaner car and selling my Jeep. So I hate to do that.
So you are basically "at their mercy" since they gave you a loaner. You can talk to the general manager and see if they can do a "swap" of one in their inventory with the one you found at the other dealership. I figure since you have been waiting since January, they could at least try.

Last edited:

tinsley39

First Name
Dorothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
T
So you are basically "at their mercy" since they gave you a loaner. You can talk to the general manager and see if they can do a "swap" of one in their inventory with the one you found at the other dealership. I figure since you have been waiting since January, they could at least try.
They tried that with one and the other dealership refused. I’ve found another one that meets all my wants and hopefully this one will do a swap. If not I’m debating just going there.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
T

They tried that with one and the other dealership refused. I’ve found another one that meets all my wants and hopefully this one will do a swap. If not I’m debating just going there.
I don't blame you.

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
I'll be updating this as it comes so bear with me

2021 Unlimited Sahara
25G- 3.6L ETourque & 8 spd 850RE
SNAZZBERRY PEARL COAT
Black Leather Trimmed Seats
Premium Audio Group
Trailer Tow Group
LED Lighting Group
Cold Weather Group
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
Remote Keyless Entry
SKY ONE TOUCH POWER TOP (whole reason I'm upgrading)
Engine Block Heater
Zone 42- Detroit

4/16 (Fri)- Ordered after 5p
4/19 (Mon) - Requested POC, said status was set to D
4/22 (Thu)- Status set to D1, VIN & VON assigned. All parts arrived to build according to JeepChat
4/27 (Tue)- Framing
4/28 (Wed)- IN PAINT!
4/29 (Thu) - KZ! Expected Arrival date is 4/28-5/3!

I was told 5-7 weeks, WOW!

Last edited:

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
Just got an email that my Jeep has arrived at the dealer. I ordered my 2 door Rubicon with manual on 3/26 from Koons in VA. Unfortunately, I can’t pick up until 5/8.. it’s going to be a long week :)

gts

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
JLUR 3.6 8spd
Granite Crystal
body color top and fenders
Black Leather, Both safety groups, cold weather, trailer tow, 8.4, proximity, keyless entry, front camera, led lights, steel bumper, top liner, mats

Ordered: 4/20
Paint: 4/29
Sponsored