What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Added the teraflex leveling kit, 2" at the front and 1.5" at the rear, also added the mopar lower control arms up front and an adjustable panhard, drives really nice, probably need longer shocks though.

20210427_172401 (2).jpg
Looks really good! I might be installing that kit soon, how did it go?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Looks really good! I might be installing that kit soon, how did it go?
Easy enough, the front I dropped the control arms and panhard anyway so easy, the rear I put on spring compressors as I was getting lazy and didn't want to unbolt all the stuff it mentions in the instructions ;) Still took me 6 hours as I'm old :)

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Easy enough, the front I dropped the control arms and panhard anyway so easy, the rear I put on spring compressors as I was getting lazy and didn't want to unbolt all the stuff it mentions in the instructions ;) Still took me 6 hours as I'm old :)
Good to know, I might look into spring compressors.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
LoL yea right will teach me to try to winch someone while backing up in 4 lo..... never thought that would have happened... maybe time for 1 tons..... and sell the brand new axles LoL

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
LoL yea right will teach me to try to winch someone while backing up in 4 lo..... never thought that would have happened... maybe time for 1 tons..... and sell the brand new axles LoL
Yeah don't pull people out in reverse and don't move/try to tow while winching. You can damage your diffs and your winch

Reactions: GtX

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Understand.... but it was one of those no option kinda things..... I just can't leave someone stranded....
Sorry it happened to you but thanks for sharing. I will definitely remember no pulling in reverse.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Brother if you needed a pull and my only option was reverse while winching I would still take the chance to get you out.... Just can't leave someone behind.... I will do it differently if it happens again...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Brother if you needed a pull and my only option was reverse while winching I would still take the chance to get you out.... Just can't leave someone behind.... I will do it differently if it happens again...
Get a kinetic rope for next time. Or use a snatch block.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@wibornz wasn't a planned recovery or offroad experience. I was on my way to Charleston WV for work, of course I carry the bare minimum for wheelin' and sleepin'. If it was a planned adventure things would have went different.... LoL just sayin'

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Last night I blew out the front end..... @JeepCares it is sitting at Dutch Miller in Charleston WV waiting on a new front end...
20210427_082438.jpg
20210427_082446.jpg
ouch! how the heck did that happen?! never mind.... i continued to read... hopfully your up and running soon!