Not open for further replies.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
That's not cool at all. I can only hope the injuries and property damage this behavior WILL cause is limited to themselves.

Illegal and completely reckless behavior should not be used to promote your products. I know my opinion isn't worth much, but I'm pretty disappointed this would even be mentioned as a promotion of your suspension system.
Bahhh---you have never seen a commercial for a corvette, BMW, or *any* performance product? Seriously, this is amazing that a company will actually test and post real results. So many times people get carried away with legal concerns, they forget that we are all adults, and can live responsibly.

I have taken my bmw to speeds that exceed 150mph many times, and will continue to do so. I have never driven MY*JLUR over 75, and that is because it scares the crap out of me. The post by @Maximus-3 means a lot to me, because if they can get to speeds of 85-90, that tells just how much safer speeds of 45-47mph will be.
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Guess it never happened... i must say their choice of coils and shocks , not so much a fan.

jlurubicon19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The top mount drag link has clearance issues on my rig, it hits the frame on the pass side. It also hit the sway bar when my adjustable links were set to Maximus-3 SPEC. Lengthened the links another 1" plus. There is paint missing from the frame/drag link and hard contact feeling when it happens. Pending a solution from Maximus-3.

I have the 3.5" full kit with SP2 Falcons. When its not hitting, works very well.

Steer smarts website says

***NOTE*** A minimum lift height of 4.5" ( and correct bump stop) is required for a top-mount draglink. Part #79022001 (Track Bar Relocation Bracket) is necessary when flipping your draglink - it maintains proper track bar and draglink geometry.

$$
Have the same 3.5 Maximus-3 Geo-lift for about a year now and mine had the same issues as yours did. Draglink was hitting the frame on passenger side as well when articulating. Ended up taking off the high steer kit and went with the SteerSmarts yeti bottom mount dragline, Knuckle side PART # 77062002. Adjusted the the Yeti trackbar to center the axle, centered the steering wheel and all was good. No more dragline to frame interference now.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
Have the same 3.5 Maximus-3 Geo-lift for about a year now and mine had the same issues as yours did. Draglink was hitting the frame on passenger side as well when articulating. Ended up taking off the high steer kit and went with the SteerSmarts yeti bottom mount dragline, Knuckle side PART # 77062002. Adjusted the the Yeti trackbar to center the axle, centered the steering wheel and all was good. No more dragline to frame interference now.
I have since added Metalcloak coil correction pads all the way around and their Durospring bump stops. Don't think its hit since then, but I also may have not pushed it hard enough make contact. off road season is just starting for me so I'll find out soon enough.

Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too am having clearance issues. Spoke with someone at @Maximus-3 but they where in a rush to leave for jeep beach. I was considering raising the springs with a correction pad, but that seems like it may not guarantee a fix.
@bikenutty Have you tested your setup, with the correction pads?
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210419_133437

Btw, it doesn't take much wheeling at all to make contact. I was able to put the jeep in a bind by doing a reverse over uneven terrain and cranking the wheel hard. These pics show the position of the jeep both sides and how the draglink hits the frame.

I think the top mount is a problem for this setup.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210419_133447
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210419_133504
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210419_133515
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210419_133413

jlurubicon19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I too am having clearance issues. Spoke with someone at @Maximus-3 but they where in a rush to leave for jeep beach. I was considering raising the springs with a correction pad, but that seems like it may not guarantee a fix.
@bikenutty Have you tested your setup, with the correction pads?

Btw, it doesn't take much wheeling at all to make contact. I was able to put the jeep in a bind by doing a reverse over uneven terrain and cranking the wheel hard. These pics show the position of the jeep both sides and how the draglink hits the frame.

I think the top mount is a problem for this setup.
Correction pads won't correct this issue. My drag link still hit the frame just as your did as shown in your photos. The Hi steer bracket with the top mounted drag link to me seems not to be ideal with the 3.5" springs IF you wheel it hard. The 4.5" springs maybe a better choice with the hi steer and drag link setup to avoid drag link frame contacting. I ended up taking off the high steer kit and went with the SteerSmarts yeti bottom mount dragline, Knuckle side PART # 77062002. No issues after I switched out the parts. IMO it drives and steers just as well and the articulation is better on the passengers side now that the drag link doesn't contact the frame any longer. Don't get me wrong, the hi steer kit is great for most and for me it was just best to go to a lower mounted drag link to avid the frame contact.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I only had contact when I am wheeling hard. I am getting contact backing out of parking spaces at the grocery store! I have gotten stuck where the wheel would not move from the hard right turn. Had to get out and lift the jeep front end by hand to get it off the draglink knuckle.

I have ordered the bottom mount draglink. If I upgrade the springs later, then I can easily swap back to the top mount. Really don't want to install this part though, as I will be changing the geometry of the lift kit....and besides this one issue ---the lift kit is amazing.

Last edited:

jlurubicon19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I wish I only had contact when I am wheeling hard. I am getting contact backing out of parking spaces at the grocery store!

I have ordered the bottom mount draglink. If I upgrade the springs later, then I can easily swap back to the top mount.
Lol, Thats not good if you're getting contact when just backing out of the grocery store. Just make sure when switching out to the lower drag link that you also eliminate the hi steer bracket. You want the drag link and track bar to be close to parallel to each other to eliminate bump steer.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, Thats not good if you're getting contact when just backing out of the grocery store. Just make sure when switching out to the lower drag link that you also eliminate the hi steer bracket. You want the drag link and track bar to be close to parallel to each other to eliminate bump steer.
Dang--hadn't thought about that.

If I were to go to taller springs, would I need to increase the bump stops accordingly?

Sponsored

jlurubicon19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Dang--hadn't thought about that.

If I were to go to taller springs, would I need to increase the bump stops accordingly?
That would depend on the tire size you are currently running. You add bump stops usually for the increase in tire size not lift size. IF you lift and don't change your tire then you should not need any more increase in bump stop unless you run longer body shocks that would bottom out. Then you would run enough bump stop to prevent the bottoming. To see how much you might need you will have to cycle the suspension with both tires stuffed, and one side stuffed and one side drooped.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would depend on the tire size you are currently running. You add bump stops usually for the increase in tire size not lift size. IF you lift and don't change your tire then you should not need any more increase in bump stop unless you run longer body shocks that would bottom out. Then you would run enough bump stop to prevent the bottoming. To see how much you might need you will have to cycle the suspension with both tires stuffed, and one side stuffed and one side drooped.
Thanks...so much to learn! I appreciate the explanation. I'm running 37s and plan on
Staying with that size.

My front end is heavy with factory steel bumper, rock hard steel skid plates, and warn zeon winch. I think I need to up my springs if I stick with high steer kit.

Last edited:

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have the geolift system with the high mount steer draglink and no frame contact?

I would like to compare measurements to find what is different. I am suspecting it's my weight, but I want to compare.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the geolift system with the high mount steer draglink and no frame contact?

I would like to compare measurements to find what is different. I am suspecting it's my weight, but I want to compare.
Frame contact is due to not enough bumpstop, i have 3” bump pads, and my hydros adjusted down just before it gets frame contact, I have rubbed it before adjusting though

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frame contact is due to not enough bumpstop, i have 3” bump pads, and my hydros adjusted down just before it gets frame contact, I have rubbed it before adjusting though
In a parking lot? Bump stops are not in play for backing out of a parking lot.

See my posts above, I am on slighlty uneven ground and have contact.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.