Not open for further replies.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Rubitrux is correct, the finish has nothing to do with the structural integrity of the Tow Loop.

A few things:
1. We acknowledge that we had a batch of Tow Loops with subpar powder-coat adhesion. We changed our processes to resolve the coating issue on this product.

2. We stand behind our 1-year powder coat warranty. Anyone with chipping or flaking can reach out to [email protected] to start a warranty claim.

3. Metal to Metal contact will definitely wear away powder coat, nothing we can do about that.
I can speak to their warranty. I had a loop where the front pin hole was *slightly* out of spec. They sent me a new one right away.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Rubitrux is correct, the finish has nothing to do with the structural integrity of the Tow Loop.

A few things:
1. We acknowledge that we had a batch of Tow Loops with subpar powder-coat adhesion. We changed our processes to resolve the coating issue on this product.

2. We stand behind our 1-year powder coat warranty. Anyone with chipping or flaking can reach out to [email protected] to start a warranty claim.

3. Metal to Metal contact will definitely wear away powder coat, nothing we can do about that.
Good to hear and agree on the metal to metal contact point.

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Maximus-3 has top notch customer service. ***** Only problem is having the old loops removed and the new ones put on.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Maximus-3 has top notch customer service. ***** Only problem is having the old loops removed and the new ones put on.
It took me less than 5 minutes to replace mine. Take the skid plate off and the old one comes off easily, as well as the new one going right on. No need to remove the bumper.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, I got the swap done. I replaced the ones that were from a defective batch with a new set Maximus-3 sent me right away. :like:

Heads up to a possible setback like I had. On the driver’s side, I had a factory welded nut inside the frame decide it wanted to let go of the frame and spin with the bolt when trying to remove the bolt. Grr. Just my damn luck. AT LEAST it was the end of the frame rail and I could reach it with my welder. Since the license plate covers the plastic bumper there anyway, I chose the easy route and removed the plate and cut a large enough notch (dremel using carbide router bit and a cartridge roll for a cleaner look) from the bottom to reach the inside of the frame rail and remove some paint to lay an ugly few beads (flux core, poor ground, and 10 years since welding lol) to make sure it would hold 94 fl lbs. I used a carbide and some acetone to clean it up some before spraying some black paint to protect the repair. I put the plate back on and you don’t even notice the little bit of notch that’s visible.

For the record I used a few drops of BLUE, not red, Loctite during the install and an impact to remove it so maybe between the shock of the impact and the grip of the blue loctite it overcame the strength of the frames factory welded nut? *shrug* So maybe just use a breaker bar/hand tool instead. It might save somebody a headache.

Looks great now and the coating DID NOT lift up and flake off this time!:clap:

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) EABDCC87-5414-4A08-8E8A-8207903795D1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andbaynard

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) 23430400-AC2E-4077-8588-BB1BB7260E35

Bumper done. Now time for skid plate next. If anyone has any questions and about to install your front tow hooks, just ask me and I share my experience.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) C190F2B4-B8DB-469F-8773-95BBB3B9AF32

Last edited:

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I am using the Maximus-3 tow loops with a Rugged Ridge Arcus winch bumper on my Gladiator. The Arcus provided bolts were not long enough to get through the added width of the beefy Maximus tow loops. No problem. I replaced all the Arcus bolts with longer grade 8 bolts. I have towed the Jeep on a few trips since installing. It tows better than the previous JK 2 dr, and the Maximus tow bar mounts have not budged. Happy customer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) C190F2B4-B8DB-469F-8773-95BBB3B9AF32
Hi, I have this same bumper and looking for a solution to flat tow. Did you have to cut into the bumper to install the Maximus tow loops?

Also, any reason why you shouldn't tow from the tow hooks already installed on the bumper? Blue Ox makes some adapters to be able to connect to them.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Hi, I have this same bumper and looking for a solution to flat tow. Did you have to cut into the bumper to install the Maximus tow loops?

Also, any reason why you shouldn't tow from the tow hooks already installed on the bumper? Blue Ox makes some adapters to be able to connect to them.
Yes, some minor trimming of the outer shell of the bumper and the stock skid plate.

The Maximus-3 loops tie into the frame as well as two of the front bumper mounting bolts. I personally would not rely on the Arcus Hooks without frame reinforcement brackets. I also use Blue Ox adaptors for my tow bar. I am not sure they would fit over the Arcus hooks. They are pretty big.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, I got the swap done. I replaced the ones that were from a defective batch with a new set Maximus-3 sent me right away. :like:

Heads up to a possible setback like I had. On the driver’s side, I had a factory welded nut inside the frame decide it wanted to let go of the frame and spin with the bolt when trying to remove the bolt. Grr. Just my damn luck. AT LEAST it was the end of the frame rail and I could reach it with my welder. Since the license plate covers the plastic bumper there anyway, I chose the easy route and removed the plate and cut a large enough notch (dremel using carbide router bit and a cartridge roll for a cleaner look) from the bottom to reach the inside of the frame rail and remove some paint to lay an ugly few beads (flux core, poor ground, and 10 years since welding lol) to make sure it would hold 94 fl lbs. I used a carbide and some acetone to clean it up some before spraying some black paint to protect the repair. I put the plate back on and you don’t even notice the little bit of notch that’s visible.

For the record I used a few drops of BLUE, not red, Loctite during the install and an impact to remove it so maybe between the shock of the impact and the grip of the blue loctite it overcame the strength of the frames factory welded nut? *shrug* So maybe just use a breaker bar/hand tool instead. It might save somebody a headache.

Looks great now and the coating DID NOT lift up and flake off this time!:clap:

EABDCC87-5414-4A08-8E8A-8207903795D1.jpeg
I started working on replacing my bumper end caps etc to get the rear bumper to match up to the newly installed Rubicon flares. That’s when I also found that there was already rust on at least one tow loop due to coating lift and cracking again. That’s disappointing.

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Yes, some minor trimming of the outer shell of the bumper and the stock skid plate.

The Maximus-3 loops tie into the frame as well as two of the front bumper mounting bolts. I personally would not rely on the Arcus Hooks without frame reinforcement brackets. I also use Blue Ox adaptors for my tow bar. I am not sure they would fit over the Arcus hooks. They are pretty big.
Thanks! Seems like the Maximus-3 loops are the way to go (can't compromise safety).

Blue-Ox makes adapters that have a 1" wide opening that could fit the Arcus tow hooks. I'm shying away from this solution.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
@Maximus-3

I’ve had your tow loops installed for nearly a year and am very impressed! If I could offer one suggestion it would be to include a printed out template for the required cutting. Something like a simple pice of paper with spots to line up along present holes that would identify exactly where to drill the pilot hole.

Additionally, with the front tow loops, I have zero need for the heavy factory ones. Could I replace these with high quality washers? If not, you guys should offer a piece of aluminum that would take its place. Maybe the top could have a tapped surface for mounting lights or other accessories. Getting rid of these could easily save 10-15 lbs from the very front of the car.

anyways, thanks so much for the great products. I can’t wait to see what else you offer in the future.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@Maximus-3:

I am interested in buying your rear tow loops, and I was wondering if you will be doing a Labor Day Sale again this year? Last year, you offered a 10% discount, which would be great as I live in Europe and shipping costs and taxes weigh down heavy on the price…

Thanks a lot for a little „heads-up“!

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
Just finished install of the Maximus-3 tow loops on my 2020 JLR. I have the steel bumper, a Warn winch plate, Mopar hoop and a Warn Zeon 10S Platinum winch. The instructions were easy to follow. They feel really solid.

Will update after I finish the wiring and test tow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) 2021-09-25 15.15.38

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I'm sure by now everyone is aware of the OEM steel bumper weaknesses, and if you're in this thread then you're probably like me an want to keep the OEM bumper anyway.

Has anyone been successful at bracing the OEM steel bumper so that it can't come in contact with the body?

I just mocked up a rough prototype and had somewhat positive results, but I would like to see if anyone else has some ideas. This piece ties together the top bolt of the tow loop, lower rearward bumper bolt, and outer downward facing torx bolt (now replaced with a longer bolt).

Disregard my hideous hack-job...
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) PXL_20210925_205606307

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) PXL_20210925_205026944

Flex was reduced somewhat... not satisfied yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) PXL_20210925_204902047

Version 2 idea, uses both tow loop bolts:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) PXL_20210925_205026944 - Copy

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've viewed that little dent where it contacted the body to be just another badge of honor. A little dab of touch up paint is all I did to mine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.