Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
And has Plastic windows which will scratch up when you have to scrape the ice off
The windows are extra thick and I've never had to scrape anything off.
Sponsored

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
The windows are extra thick and I've never had to scrape anything off.

Thick plastic scratches the same as thin, doesn't make a difference. If you haven't ever had to scrape ice off, then you aren't in same winter conditions as where I live. Can easily have 1/2" ice coating the whole thing after a day at work.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Clearly AMC isn't a fan of the top! To each his own...you are on a post from someone who wanted first knowledge of one...not the opinions of people who don't have one or don't want one!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Thick plastic scratches the same as thin, doesn't make a difference. If you haven't ever had to scrape ice off, then you aren't in same winter conditions as where I live. Can easily have 1/2" ice coating the whole thing after a day at work.
Why do you even need to scrape ice off plastic windows? They're literally so malleable that you can just touch it and snow and ice just falls off.

Or you can just open your top

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Clearly AMC isn't a fan of the top! To each his own...you are on a post from someone who wanted first knowledge of one...not the opinions of people who don't have one or don't want one!
Not sure why you might think that I'm not a fan, just a realist. I'm actually looking to buy one (fastback) for the summer, and swapping with the hardtop in the winter. Already have a fabric sample in hand, and have scouted local installers.

Not sure why BJC is so against me also having a hardtop (comes with the vehicle already no less). He's either compensated by the company for his MANY promo vids, and posts singing their praises, or is just a voluntarily fellating fanboy. Either way, his input is through a heavily tinted lense.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It is a cool product. I was happy with the oem softop on my first JL, and it didnt take me 5 mins to go naked, more like 1 min. Not my thing, but I def. see the appeal.

I think it is way better than the power top jeep came up with. "the best of both worlds" the say. Sorry but it isnt. It is a soft top with hard windows, you still need to get off the jeep to take the windows off, and it looks pretty weird.

the mytop is cheaper, you dont have to get off the jeep, and it looks like a traditional jeep. It is a cool product.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Not sure why you might think that I'm not a fan, just a realist. I'm actually looking to buy one (fastback) for the summer, and swapping with the hardtop in the winter. Already have a fabric sample in hand, and have scouted local installers.

Not sure why BJC is so against me also having a hardtop (comes with the vehicle already no less). He's either compensated by the company for his MANY promo vids, and posts singing their praises, or is just a voluntarily fellating fanboy. Either way, his input is through a heavily tinted lense.
They're snapchat spectacles (camera glasses) https://amzn.to/3tTSuJE
I love them because they made my dream come true. I’m a die hard convertible lover and my dream car has always been a convertible 4 door suv with AWD/4WD and lots of ground clearance. I was so angry at Jeep when their idea of a $4000 powered soft top is a sliding piece of cloth on hardtop until I discovered myTop. THIS is the powered soft top Jeep should have came out with. So I am determined to tell every single human on this planet about mytop until it's a factory option, because if I knew about this top, then the JK would have been one of my very first vehicles, if not the first and only. I wasted so much money going from one convertible to another, because I couldn't imagine myself doing a dozen steps just to go topless for a 5 minute drive to the store, then all over again when I park, then again x2 when I go home in a couple minutes.

You haven't seen fan boying, this is fan boying just for you

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
They're snapchat spectacles (camera glasses) https://amzn.to/3tTSuJE
I love them because they made my dream come true. I’m a die hard convertible lover and my dream car has always been a convertible 4 door suv with AWD/4WD and lots of ground clearance. I was so angry at Jeep when their idea of a $4000 powered soft top is a sliding piece of cloth on hardtop until I discovered myTop. THIS is the powered soft top Jeep should have came out with. So I am determined to tell every single human on this planet about mytop until it's a factory option, because if I knew about this top, then the JK would have been one of my very first vehicles, if not the first and only. I wasted so much money going from one convertible to another, because I couldn't imagine myself doing a dozen steps just to go topless for a 5 minute drive to the store, then all over again when I park, then again x2 when I go home in a couple minutes.

You haven't seen fan boying, this is fan boying just for you
Ok, so voluntarily fellating... that question is answered.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Ok, so voluntarily fellating... that question is answered.
I even pleaded with @Bestop to make a manual version of this years ago, where the entire top folds down in 1 motion instead of having to slide a bunch of windows out, but they brushed my peasant ass off. Their name is already false advertisement. They're GoodTop at best.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Even if BJC is advertising for mytop who cares. The product is very inventive and this kind of aftermarket product is good for us consumers. It creates healthy competition with other companies as well as Mopar. We end up with a bunch of choices and better prices. It is really nice to have small business produce Jeep only parts.

Sponsored

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
It's just a few extra bolts to uninstall it, you leave the motors mounted onto the tub, but there's really no need for the hardtop since it's quieter and warmer than a hardtop.

One of the first things I did was sell my noisy, hollow and rattling hardtop.
Yeah, I saw that. But it doesn't talk about putting it back on. The idea that it might be slightly out of alignment and the motors will burn up is not appealing. It's a cool idea and I'm glad you like yours.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Yeah, I saw that. But it doesn't talk about putting it back on. The idea that it might be slightly out of alignment and the motors will burn up is not appealing. It's a cool idea and I'm glad you like yours.
The tolerances are not nearly as strict as the one touch. I wouldn’t worry about that at all. It’s not like it has a track that it needs to slide perfectly straight on. It’s like any other soft top that latches down.

Last edited:

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
the risk of motor issues is really with the initial setup and alignment. The header and side bits all ship disassembled so the first time bolting it all up is the critical part. Once it is all one unit bolted together, removal and reinstalling is way easier and is only a few bolts.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
So is it quieter than the hardtop even at freeway speeds (70-75 mph)?

What about a hardtop with the Mopar headliner? Is myTop quieter than hardtop with a headliner?

TIA.
I never had the liners so I wouldn’t know, but the hollowness and rattling feel of the hardtop is no more.
Sponsored