Sponsored

392 ? Hacking the 99 miles per hour limit ?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
..it makes zero sense and has no purpose other than flaunting an "im entitled to do what ever i want "
That's your own opinion, and not at all based in fact. That said, bear in mind, that you're now insulting everyone in this forum who's purchased one.

You guys can insult each other and argue about who's national flag is best all you want, but do it somewhere else.
Sponsored

grostage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L ecodiesel
Occupation
Millwright/Welder
That's your own opinion, and not at all based in fact. That said, bear in mind, that you're now insulting everyone in this forum who's purchased one.

You guys can argue about who's national flag is best all you want, but do it somewhere else.

You guys can insult each other and argue about who's national flag is best all you want, but do it somewhere else.
reading comprehension buddy work on it...im not insulting anyone and have already mentioned id love to have one however i would not expect to show up at a drag strip and not get laughed at regardless of the engine in it due to the FACT that it is no a race car and NOT built for speed i would not give a shit about 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile time on a vehicle that simply isnt made for these purposes. its really simple bypassing safety devices is never a good choice...but you can also do you :like:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
reading comprehension buddy work on it...im not insulting anyone and have already mentioned id love to have one however i would not expect to show up at a drag strip and not get laughed at regardless of the engine in it due to the FACT that it is no a race car and NOT built for speed i would not give a shit about 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile time on a vehicle that simply isnt made for these purposes. its really simple bypassing safety devices is never a good choice...but you can also do you :like:

Reading comprehension? Interesting attempt at a jab. Reread your last sentence that I highlighted, then enlighten me on how that's not an insult to someone who just purchased one?

Again, there is no point in furthering your childish conversation. And you know what you can do with you. ;)

grostage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L ecodiesel
Occupation
Millwright/Welder
Reading comprehension? Interesting attempt at a jab. Reread your last sentence that I highlighted, then enlighten me on how that's not an insult to someone who just purchased one?

Again, there is no point in furthering your childish conversation. And you know what you can do with you. ;)
Have fun with your jeep man, hopefully you can get rid of that speed limiter.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Haaa haa ha ha. The Speed Nannies are alive and well here. Unclinch your rearends, and let people have some fun. Sorry the majority of "Americans" don't agree with you "Canucks, eh" !! So, what's with all the "Kerfuffle" about taking the speed limiter off, "Hoser".
There, I was trying to speak Canadian, so y'all could understand us uneducated Hillbillies, down here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Done and hacked! Tazer! does everything you might want to do and more to your 392!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Done and hacked! Tazer! does everything you might want to do and more to your 392!
So, the Tazer eliminated the limiter??

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
SUBBED! Better to have the ability to go above 99 MPH and not need it, than need it and not have it. Might need to chase down bad guys in the Jeep. LOL.

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
So, the Tazer eliminated the limiter??
From what I understand if you get a new PCM you can program it without the limiter. You would need to keep the old PCM to swap out before services. So no the Tazer does not delete it. sorry my misunderstanding talking to the tec's

Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
There isn't a chance in hell I would drive my young daughter around in my Jeep at triple digits. There's enough bad things that can happen in this world for me to tempt fate with her life. Just my two cents.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
I know it's a little early, but has anybody looked into bypassing the 99 limiter programing on the new 392 Jeep Wrangler?
We do with our PCM unlock, tuner, and bypass cable package

I haven't seen any tuners or programmers specific to your model yet.

They have to figure out the encryption on the PCM first, then they can build one.

You could check in with HyperTech, DiabloSport and Superchips online and send them an inquiry.
We actually have offered the tune for these since before this thread was made. I believe we released it in February. Yes, before public consumption of the truck started. There are perks to being in Detroit :)

I doubt any tuner/programmer company is going to hack the speed limiter for legal liability reasons, no one has hacked it for the regular JL's yet.
We do, but the entire user agreement for tuning, speed, etc is all on the owner of the vehicle. You're modifying something, If you don't know what that entails, it's likely not for them.

It is just a matter of time before someone adds this to their programmer. There are already programmers out there for other vehicles that can change the governor.

I also imagine a few owners may want to put street tires on this and take it to the track. There is nothing wrong or illegal with doing that at a local track. I imagine you could shave some time off easily with slicks, and then reducing weight by taking the doors and top off. Would be really fun to have one with two sets of tires, take it crawling one day, and to the track the next...
It was, about -2 months before the post :)

Livernois tune for 3.6 JL has option of raises speed limiter, using handheld tuner.
I imagine it has an option for you to pick top speed out of a few predefined options (that's how my 5 star tuner works on Explorer TT). This way they are not liable for what you chose to do.

Pock up a set of 20s with more road oriented tires and will be safe to go higher in speed.

Bring in your Jeep to Livernois and they can get a tune made up for you.
They already unlock JL ECUs and have tunes for dodge 5.7 v8.
Gains of up to 61WHP and 48WTQ on 5.7
We actually already had our tune, unlock, and tuner released before the start of the thread, and out long term development truck has landed! So even more stuff to come!

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I wonder what the top speed is once unlocked.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
There isn't a chance in hell I would drive my young daughter around in my Jeep at triple digits. There's enough bad things that can happen in this world for me to tempt fate with her life. Just my two cents.
...so then, you know, don't do it with her in the vehicle?! I mean that seems like basic common sense, even in a supercar, but what do I know?!🤷‍♂️

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...so then, you know, don't do it with her in the vehicle?! I mean that seems like basic common sense, even in a supercar, but what do I know?!🤷‍♂️
He is just responding to comments in post #15 of this thread.
Sponsored