Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Best I got out of the battery is 19.5 miles, and that was 70% highway. I haven’t don’t only surface street driving to find out. And I honestly don’t know for hybrid mpg. I filled up for the first time and this tank of gas will be my test.
You will get far less EV range on the highway than city driving...especially given the Jeep’s aerodynamic ms. The EV mode energy usage on your 4xe is 3 times the usage rate of my Model 3 Tesla. I bet it actually does good in EV mode while off-roading.
Sponsored

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! trim.5E07C406-B54F-49E0-BFE6-95A01B1EF6B6.MOV
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! trim.5E07C406-B54F-49E0-BFE6-95A01B1EF6B6.MOV

As fas as I can tell. Mine is the most modified right now and the only one on 37” tires. Since owning, I inatalled rubicon steel bumpers with a stinger and led’s, American adventure labs fender chop lights, teraflex st1 lift kit, motegi trailite 17x8.5” rims and bfg k02 37x12.5. So far it rises great and I couldn’t be happier. It’s not done, but this is a good starting point.
Talk to us quickly on fuel/range. With all the mods, what EV range are you getting, and what MPGs do you get in hybrid mode. I’m tempted to go 4Xe route as my commute is long (currently on the diesel train), but concerned that once modded, I’ll get poor EV range and back to high teens for mpgs with the 2.0t. Thanks.

Oldiee

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe, 2018 Sport
New member here, have owned jeeps for a few years now, first with a 2007 which was traded in for a 2018 JL. Still have that and just picked this one up a few days ago.

Really liking the hybrid. It didn't come with the proximity unlock, but did have all the other features so I ordered the upgrade kit, hopefully it won't be too long. Would love to get some new rims in the matching blue, looking around for that.

Couple of posts ago talking about highway driving, I put the car in eSave mode when getting on the highway and back in Hybrid after, at least for now.

Can't wait to get this out on the trails and on the beach :)

Jeep.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

eLECTRICON

I get 19.5mpg and 46mpge on 35" tires. Don't forget the Rubicon has 4:10 gears. I did the alignment myself after installing the lift. Steering and control is better than stock believe it or not.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210426_182808

Last edited by a moderator:

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Talk to us quickly on fuel/range. With all the mods, what EV range are you getting, and what MPGs do you get in hybrid mode. I’m tempted to go 4Xe route as my commute is long (currently on the diesel train), but concerned that once modded, I’ll get poor EV range and back to high teens for mpgs with the 2.0t. Thanks.
If your commute is long, I'd go with the diesel.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I get 19.5mpg and 46mpge on 35" tires. Don't forget the Rubicon has 4:10 gears. I did the alignment myself after installing the lift. Steering and control is better than stock believe it or not. View attachment 452057
It was better after the lift on my last one also. I can't wait to get lifted again.

Sponsored

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
the ev range is 18-20 miles. Don’t have any mpg estimates yet since 60-75% of my driving is done on electricity and I am on my first full tank of gas.

OP
OP

eLECTRICON

I get 19.5mpg and 46mpge on 35" tires. Don't forget the Rubicon has 4:10 gears though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210426_182808