Sponsored

What made you jump in the Wrangler bandwagon?

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a problem. Have my wife three choices for a vehicle based upon how the depreciate in Colorado. Tacoma, Subaru Outback and Wrangler. She picked Wrangler and says she will never have a different car. Wrangler for life now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I have a problem. Have my wife three choices for a vehicle based upon how the depreciate in Colorado. Tacoma, Subaru Outback and Wrangler. She picked Wrangler and says she will never have a different car. Wrangler for life now.
Same anti-depreciation champs in Quebec. One car you must add: VW Golf. Those are flying off the lots in Quebec. We always loved and will always love our hatchbacks, here.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Same anti-depreciation champs in Quebec. One car you must add: VW Golf. Those are flying off the lots in Quebec. We always loved and will always love our hatchbacks, here.
My first car given to me by my parents was a Golf. Tried to kill that thing so they would get me a Jeep....... couldn’t do it. Great car!

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I moved to LA six months ago and want to explore the mountains and desert trails so I bought a Rubicon.

I’ve been a car guy my whole life. Never had a Jeep before but I’ve had everything from classic muscle cars to sports cars to pickup trucks and hatchbacks. Some were awesome, some were all I could afford at the time.

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
It was a combination of things for me. We had just moved to Arizona and only brought 1 car with us so we needed another and it needed to be capable of hauling Lowes and Home Depot purchases. I also wanted a more versatile vehicle than our Ford Fusion for towing behind the RV (although the Fusion is a great toad). And since we are in Arizona some off road capability made sense. That all led us to a Wrangler Unlimited.

Sponsored

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
We had some 1/4 tons when I enlisted in the 90s (which for scouts it was awesome), fell in love with them then. Always wanted one, but family was starting and so we got an XJ. Finally got my first Wrangler in 2001, a little black Sport. Had that for about 4 years and then needed something bigger for the cross-country family trips. Then the release of the JKU and a Rubicon ... got back into it in 2009. Got rid of it when the Pentastar was released and got a 2012 JKUR. Had that until 2019 when I got my 2019 JLUR. It's my daily driver. Couldn't think of never not having a Wrangler.

Recently bought my youngest daughter a 2004 TJ Rubicon ... good times coming indeed!

-Tom

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I moved to LA six months ago and want to explore the mountains and desert trails so I bought a Rubicon.

I’ve been a car guy my whole life. Never had a Jeep before but I’ve had everything from classic muscle cars to sports cars to pickup trucks and hatchbacks. Some were awesome, some were all I could afford at the time.
I too took up off-roading when I lived in Los Angeles.

The variety of off-roading trails within a 3-hour drive, and the number of Jeepers willing to meet you at a trailhead, even in the middle of the week, is just awesome.

Miss that a lot!

Sponsored

MtnJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon 2 door 6 speed
Because my wife insisted... Because you can get a manual transmission. Because getting a decent price on a new Bronco the first year is going to be impossible. Because Rubicons have insane resale for when the Bronco is more available.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Because getting a decent price on a new Bronco the first year is going to be impossible.
We're four years in on the JL generation Jeeps, and I'm still waiting for a decent price on new Wrangler. :LOL:

MtnJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon 2 door 6 speed
We're four years in on the JL generation Jeeps, and I'm still waiting for a decent price on new Wrangler. :LOL:
I was pretty happy with the price on the JL we ordered. I do think the ones getting up towards or over $60k kind of baffle me but dang, everything is expensive. Bronco would require paying over sticker. Jeep dealer discounted off sticker.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was pretty happy with the price on the JL we ordered. I do think the ones getting up towards or over $60k kind of baffle me but dang, everything is expensive. Bronco would require paying over sticker. Jeep dealer discounted off sticker.
Mm. The JLU Rubicon starts at $42K, but not once have I seen one on the dealer lots for a penny less than $50K. Most inventory is well north of that number, too. The Gladiator Rubicon Moab editions are $63K or so, all day long, and there's room on the Option sheet to go even higher.

At those altitudes (ha), even 5% off invoice doesn't elicit much cheer.

I agree, the price of everything has a northbound trajectory these days. I dare not visit the lumber yard without having smelling salts in hand.
Sponsored