Sponsored

4XE Rear Seat Legroom

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe one of the folks who have one can pipe in - I think this dealer has had enough of me crawling all over his new jeep xe ;)
Just keep going back like you own the place. eventually when you walk in you will get the Cheers "NORM!" greeting. carry a tape and a clipboard and you will look official, no one will even question you lol. All kidding aside, thank you for going out of your way to get those measurements.

I do think rear Cargo racks and slipstream etc. will also have an issue. but not everyone really needs that anyways.
Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
These are great! Thanks so much! If you are taking requests šŸ˜‹ ... Iā€™d love to know the distance from the top of the tailgate to the seat backs at that same height (17ā€ from the floor). So similar to what @Cypher was asking except a bit lower. Thatā€™s where the Diabolical Slipstream sits and Iā€™m obsessing over figuring out if the main panels will fit.
Their website has 2021 - Present 4xe with a big X through it so...that's probably not the answer you want to read right now, I know.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/all/products/slipstream-jeep-security-enclosure-jlu

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I am still waiting on my 4xe Rubicon to come in. I went to a dealership to test one out but unfortunately they hadnā€™t gotten the Jeep ready for test drives. I did get to check it out, however.
As far as the rear seat goes, I felt the seats actually did a great job of making the rear passengers feel comfortable and gave an enhanced view out of the vehicle. They do sit higher and it is noticeable, but I liked how they gave a stadium style view out of the front.
Iā€™m 6ā€™ tall and set the front seat exactly where I like it. I sat in the back seat behind my settings and had PLENTY of legroom. The added height of the seats still left me with plenty of headroom. I wouldnā€™t hesitate to take a long trip with multiple passengers in this configuration.
I know the numbers tell a lot, but I feel in practice, the seats feel completely normal and not cramped at all. I oddly even preferred them over a standard JL for some reason. For most people worried about the seats, I wouldnā€™t overthink it unless you have very specific needs.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Their website has 2021 - Present 4xe with a big X through it so...that's probably not the answer you want to read right now, I know.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/all/products/slipstream-jeep-security-enclosure-jlu
Yeah I figure at the very least the floor attachment brackets will need to be updated. Iā€™m trying to get a sense if more substantial changes will be required. The front of the slipstream is a metal panel thatā€™s flush with the seat backs 17ā€ up and then goes straight down to the floor. It looks like there is enough room at floor level, but if thereā€™s less room 17ā€ up, that will have larger ramifications for what it will take to get things to be compatible. šŸ¤ž

Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Rear facing car seat fits no problem and I can fit in the seat in front of it. I can also sit behind myself no trouble at all. Six foot, 32ish inseam. Pics of car seat in my car seat thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-facing-car-seat-in-the-4xe.70560/

Something I hadn't seen anyone really talk about is the fact that the hump behind the rear seat is in fact a bolted on panel. It ought to be possible to manufacture a different shape to get some space back. Not much but a few inches maybe.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Rear facing car seat fits no problem and I can fit in the seat in front of it. I can also sit behind myself no trouble at all. Six foot, 32ish inseam. Pics of car seat in my car seat thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-facing-car-seat-in-the-4xe.70560/

Something I hadn't seen anyone really talk about is the fact that the hump behind the rear seat is in fact a bolted on panel. It ought to be possible to manufacture a different shape to get some space back. Not much but a few inches maybe.
Very interesting. Whatā€™s under the panel? Iā€™m assuming itā€™s wiring

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
More than an inch less headroom in the 4Xe but leg room is .1 inches less in 4Xe.

Definite drop in cargo room.
Jeep's engineers definitely did an outstanding job of packaging the batteries. They're well protected to prevent thermal runaway if the vehicle encounters rocks off road or if it is in a collision.

The tradeoff was a tenth of an inch of legroom, an inch of headroom in the backseat, and the inability to fold the seats flat. They still fold, just not flat.
Sponsored