I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Just to clarify, i fully respect them. I love shiny nice expensive things.

i had no intention of ever going off pavement with these mickey thompsons, but man i couldnt resist. I finally realize now just how fun it is to go do burnouts and donuts on prairie grass, hit the mud, and tear up some new trails in the hills. If these tires only last 20k kms then im gonna use them for what theyre made for.

My plan was 20x12s up to 24 inch wheels to have something flashy. But man theres nothing like going through mud and widening the ruts out while throwing hundreds of mud chunks the size of your head all over the roof. The 40 minute car wash was definitely worth the fun. Too bad theres not actually anywhere to offroad within 10 hours. Its risky tearing up city grass 😅

262AED39-0C1C-43B4-A4B0-5750666AF971.jpeg

EED0C052-11B3-4648-9505-6BBE8505DABB.jpeg
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
What I hate about mall crawler is that,
They aren’t even curious.

If I bought something that was designed to do something that I wasn’t going to try.

You bet I would be curious like that curiosity killed cat type curious what it’s like.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
What I hate about mall crawler is that,
They aren’t even curious.

If I bought something that was designed to do something that I wasn’t going to try.

You fucking bet I would be curious like that curiosity killed cat type curious what it’s like.
Why do you care?
Down the block from me, my neighbors (husband and wife) both have Wranglers. She told me they’ve never once took off the roofs or doors. When I completely open up mine I wonder when driving by on a beautiful day, tube doors and waving if they maybe would think differently. Nope, that’s ok though.
Same with off-roading.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Why do you care?
Down the block from me, my neighbors (husband and wife) both have Wranglers. She told me they’ve never once took off the roofs or doors. When I completely open up mine I wonder when driving by on a beautiful day, tube doors and waving if they maybe would think differently. Nope, that’s ok though.
Same with off-roading.
Well I’m curious the cat.
So I tend to let imagination get the better of me ;)

I never took the doors off, but I damn wish I tried because I live in a condo.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people buy pickup trucks that dont need them. They like the way they look. Where I live you would not believe the number of Wranglers, like I am waving every 10 seconds. I would wager that 99 percent never even park on the grass at their kids soccer games. I could care less. But OP, you are so right about the fun of romping in dirt. I spent $23 at my coin op carwash twice after offroading so I bought my own little cube powerwsher. I dont offroad much. Beach drive more, but still love the look and versatility of my Jeep.

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Lots of things are bought and not used for what they are intended for....like duct tape, lol. I got friends who off road and friends who keep their Wranglers super clean both are into their rides for different reasons and have owned jeeps for many years. It don't matter what you do with your Wrangler, it just matters that your a jeep kinda person. :)llllll:)

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I dont Hate Mall Crawlers. To each his own. i just dont like the looks of some of them, big rims, angry grills, colored LED lights everywhere, and goofy hoods.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I dont Hate Mall Crawlers. To each his own. i just dont like the looks of some of them, big rims, angry grills, colored LED lights everywhere, and goofy hoods.
Agreed. Just not my thing

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
I've never gotten "the way I use myJeep is best" train of thought for all the reasons listed above.
That being said, I think we can all unite over our loathing of angry grills... :p

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I've never gotten "the way I use myJeep is best" train of thought for all the reasons listed above.
meh... I'm fine with people using their money and time the way that they want. I'm not gonna hate on anyone for how they use it. But the mall crawler thing makes very little sense to me. A Jeep is a compromised vehicle on road. Everything about it is aimed toward off road capability. If you're not going to use it for that, why make those compromises? I expect many mall crawlers will be trading in their Jeeps for the Bronco. Getting rid of the solid axle will make the on road handling and ride so much better, but they still will retain a look that is similar to Jeep (a classic offroad toughness look). That look is the only thing I can think of to explain why someone picked a 4 door wrangler over a 4Runner if they're not going to go offroad or take the top/doors off.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
i had no intention of ever going off pavement with these mickey thompsons, but man i couldnt resist. I finally realize now just how fun it is to go do burnouts and donuts on prairie grass, hit the mud, and tear up some new trails in the hills.

But man theres nothing like going through mud and widening the ruts out while throwing hundreds of mud chunks the size of your head all over the roof.

Too bad theres not actually anywhere to offroad within 10 hours. Its risky tearing up city grass 😅
We're curious to know if, while you "tear up some new trails" on city grass and elsewhere, you also contemplate whether such behavior contributes to the closing of established trail networks.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
We're curious to know if, while you "tear up some new trails" on city grass and elsewhere, you also contemplate whether such behavior contributes to the closing of established trail networks.
Ive definitely thought of that. But if anything im bringing life to the trails since ive found a lot of deep rutty areas with GRASS growing in the ruts, so i made those ruts pure dirt again. Prairie grass is ugly and only looks good when its ripped up. Thats my big fuck you to the city for closing every single off road trail around and leaving us with nothing to offroad on for a thousand miles.

in my opinion its illegal dumpers and legal matters that contribute to the closing of good trails. Ive asked our mayor and he said our dirt track will never re open because if someone gets hurt then the city is liable.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Please look up, read, and understand tread lightly. It's usually the mall-crawlers that hit nature not knowing WTF they're doing that end up causing the most harm....both to the land AND our overall image

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify, i fully respect them. I love shiny nice expensive things.

i had no intention of ever going off pavement with these mickey thompsons, but man i couldnt resist. I finally realize now just how fun it is to go do burnouts and donuts on prairie grass, hit the mud, and tear up some new trails in the hills. If these tires only last 20k kms then im gonna use them for what theyre made for.

My plan was 20x12s up to 24 inch wheels to have something flashy. But man theres nothing like going through mud and widening the ruts out while throwing hundreds of mud chunks the size of your head all over the roof. The 40 minute car wash was definitely worth the fun. Too bad theres not actually anywhere to offroad within 10 hours. Its risky tearing up city grass 😅

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers EED0C052-11B3-4648-9505-6BBE8505DABB

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers EED0C052-11B3-4648-9505-6BBE8505DABB
bro wait till you hit the parking bumps at the mall #mindblowing

jk glad you got the bug.. I agreetearing it ups Offroad is fun... or even a slow cruise they a trail to a beautiful spot for a pic nic with the family.., it’s just adds another layer of fun to life and encourages you to get out doors ... plus you make friends in the process... hobbies are great for the soul and connecting people... and this is a fun hobby
Sponsored