First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've had my Jeep a few days, and I have an absurd amount of dog hair stuck to the back seat. I'm not remotely a neat freak, and I basically bought the 4-door just for the dog, but this amount of dog hair is ridiculous, even for me. I got a seat cover to address this problem in the future, but I want to restore the seat to new condition before I install it.

I tried a vaccuum cleaner, an anti-shedding brush, anti-shedding gloves, a rubber brush, a horse hair brush, duct tape, masking tape, a California dash duster, and lint rollers. Nothing will touch the dog hair. I've never seen anything like the way it has bonded thoroughly with the upholstery in this thing.

Short of collecting the dog hairs one by one with tweezers, I'm out of ideas. Maybe a small thermonuclear device, or at least a flame thrower. Seriously, I do have a powerful air compressor, and I might try blasting the seats with a blow gun. I've been avoiding that approach, because it seems I'm more likely to just transfer dog hair to the front seats too.
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I lent my JLU to my daughter for just two weeks. She had a German Shepard. Took my 3 hours over two days to get the hair. Tweezers one at a time after trying other things. That was the carpet in cargo area , not the actual seat. I feel your pain. Hooefully the advice from am1978 will help. I did not know about that at the time. Crazy.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Of course I am joking.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Dog hair removal ideas? D513FC80-F560-4C93-8176-11A16DFF87C3

I have had numerous dogs. Actually lost count through the years.

my favorite was probably”Kita”. She was and Siberian Husky that I adopted shortly after completing college. She LOVED being in the truck or blazer with me.

I used tape rollers and they worked well. But you go through them pretty quick.

best of luck!!!!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I lent my JLU to my daughter for just two weeks. She had a German Shepard. Took my 3 hours over two days to get the hair. Tweezers one at a time after trying other things. That was the carpet in cargo area , not the actual seat. I feel your pain. Hooefully the advice from am1978 will help. I did not know about that at the time. Crazy.
Wow! Tell me about it! You got lucky with 3 hours over 2 days.

A friend of mine brought her dog along on a hiking trip in my Jeep without telling me first.
I even had my Jeep detailed the day before.

Within that short time the dog has made an absolute mess in my rear seats. It was literally dog hair mayhem back there.

I probably spent 8+ hours over the the course of the entire week, removing hair by hair, using a tweezer! Most of them stuck real good to the carpets like needles!

Worst experience ever, will not repeat again!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I own this and a Golden Retriever. It works!
Lint roller available at grocery stores and Walmart’s are cheap and work great also. OP wasted 8 hours...could have cleaned it up in 10 minutes. My daughter has a Golden....beautiful animal but a fur machine.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Somebody on a Facebook group suggested pumice stone. It worked surprisingly well for or two German Shep-odiles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dog hair removal ideas? 32695BD6-3B58-4118-9ABC-A0400961EE36

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Maybe Nair will work on getting rid of the dog's hair. If that doesn't then a Gillette fusion 18 blade razor and Barbasol?

Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the same dog problem, the situation was hopeless by day 2, but we love the dog and the dog loves riding along with us.

I have also seen the pumice stone used, and it seems to work well, but for me I have been concerned that it would eventually if not rapidly grind off all the carpet.

I wish Jeep made a factory fit interior liner package that was not carpet.

I plan to continue to ruin the carpet and then get a Bed Tred and Armor Lite package to solve this issue, and have been waiting to see a Bed Tred cargo area system installed on a JL before making the leap.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
@omnitonic

This is what I use. Wears down over time but it definitely works by clumping together and making for easy removal. Be careful near the leather and trim pieces because it is rough and might scratch.

Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003465G9M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
⬆THIS⬆ is the answer. I can’t speak highly enough about how effective and well thought out this is. Use the flat surface for larger areas, use the edges to get into the cracks, use the curved surface to clean contoured areas. Pulls the dog hair out of the fibers of the fabric and clumps it together nicely. I’ve tried countless other options and this is the only one that’s worked worth a damn. The ONLY down side is you have to be careful using it around plastic or painted metal surfaces. It’s a porous stone, so it’s hard and WILL scratch plastic and painted metal. For $15, you have nothing to lose.

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Lint roller available at grocery stores and Walmart’s are cheap and work great also. OP wasted 8 hours...could have cleaned it up in 10 minutes.
I tried a lint roller already. It does a great job of getting the dog hair off my black uniform pants, but it didn't touch my seats. I went through several sheets, and it barely made a dent in the dog hair.

I'm going to try one of those black rubber brush things.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sometimes the simplest methods work the best.
When I had a yellow lab the hair she left in the Jeep was unbelievable. The absolute best method I found was simply dipping my bare hand in a bucket of water and wiping the seats and carpet down. I couldn’t believe how well that method worked.
Best part is, it was free👍
Sponsored